Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Greens
The commentary on the BBC is suprisingly good. But David Dimbleby gets on my nerves. He always has. I had to stop watching Question Time because I just couldn't stand the guy.

And yeah, I heard that Fox's system was quite sharp on picking up the results. Still not using it though :D
I like David Dimbleby, as opposed to Sir Robin Day who was the original host.
Sir Robin always had to have the show hosted in London and before Dimbelby the show never left London.
David has modernised question time, but I do understand that others have their own oppinions and he can come over a little snooty.
:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Staccato

Tarut keeps on dreaming
Site Supporter
Sep 9, 2007
From Colorado, currently in the UK
✟51,802.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I like David Dimbleby, as opposed to Sir Robin Day who was the original host.
Sir Robin always had to have the show hosted in London and before Dimbelby the show never left London.
David has modernised question time, but I do understand that others have their own oppinions and he can come over a little snooty.
:)

I can see his charm in that sense, and I haven't watched Question Time for long enough to comment on what it used to be like before he took over the moderating role. But, yeah, he comes over slightly...not condescending per se, but a little "I know stuff, you don't" in an almost fatherly way. And it just irritates me, I don't know why :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Staccato

Tarut keeps on dreaming
Site Supporter
Sep 9, 2007
From Colorado, currently in the UK
✟51,802.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I wouldn't trust PA yet, CNN refuses to use exit polls unless its a blow out and they aren't calling PA yet.

True. CBS aren't calling it either.

In fact, I think only the BBC has done so. Has any other news source called PA? :confused:

Upvote 0