Republicans' outreach to minorities FAIL

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Conservatives have never been on the right side of civil rights, so the best they can is pretend they were.

I don't know about that because sometimes the Left haven't themselves been the white crusaders they present themselves as.

Upvote 0
S

Savior2006

Just because someone receives an invite doesn't mean they are actually welcome to attend, it is fairly obvious from the rhetoric that Republicans were not welcome, the invitations may have been sent out because they kinda had to or their partisanship would be so obvious that even the New York Times would have a hard time explaining it away, but that doesn't make the invitation sincere.

And once again we have Garfield the Medium who can tell what other people are thinking. Not only based on no evidence (which is usually the case), but actually based off of evidence that contradicts him.

Republicans weren't welcome to attend which is why they WERE invited.

You can't make this stuff up people!

th

Upvote 0

SolomanVIII

Jun 20, 2013
✟436.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
And once again we have Garfield the Medium who can tell what other people are thinking. Not only based on no evidence (which is usually the case), but actually based off of evidence that contradicts him.

Take note of the persecution complex as well. Apparently you can be invited to an event but you're not REALLY welcome to attend the event you were invited to. In fact, not only do they not really want you to attend if you do show up? IT'S A TRAP!

Upvote 0

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
I disagree about the positions being unintelligent and ignorant. I also think traditionalism would gain much support in various parts of the country. Probably the areas that would reject it the most would be the West Coast and New England. But that is why I also advocate for nullification/secession.

Well, seeing as those areas (especially New England) are the most intelligent parts of the country, traditionalism obviously doesn't align with that trait.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Except based on the definitions and arguments you've given us time and time again, "consistently conservative" means consistently unintelligent and ignorant for the sake of tradition. If the GOP thought the same way you did, they'd never win anything except local position.

Considering that the GOP has lost four of the last six presidential elections, and were it not for the Supreme Court in 2000, might have been swept for the last quarter of a century, perhaps they do, and they're not?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Except you aren't looking at key facts, which is understandable because your sources probably don't want said inconveinent facts to be known.

Miscommunication and lack of coordination appear to have played a role in at least some of the invites not going out to Republican office-holders. Event organizers say they assumed Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C., couldn’t attend, based on a failure to RSVP to an earlier, more general invitation. But his office says he was never actually invited to speak, and he may have been able to attend if he was formally invited.

More than half a dozen different prominent Republicans were invited to speak, but several of the invitations went out quite late in the planning. All sent their regrets.
GOP Official: March on Washington Organizers Ignored Suggestions - ABC News

Again there are inconveinent facts undermine your assertions.
All of those invited declined, however, with the two former presidents citing health concerns, and the others pointing to scheduling conflicts. Cantor was invited just 12 days before the event, and Huckabee told ABC News he was invited just last week – too late for him to juggle other commitments.

“I was invited and so wished I had been able to do it,” Huckabee said in an e-mail to ABC. “I didn’t receive the invitation until last week, however, and it was too late for me to re-arrange things.”

One Republican aide likened the late flurry of invites to “unvitations,” the “Seinfeld”-inspired practice of inviting someone to an event with the knowledge that they won’t attend.
GOP Official: March on Washington Organizers Ignored Suggestions - ABC News

Considering this behavior was featured in at least one episode of "Seinfeld," and they probably showed it in said episodes because they may have in fact actually done something of that nature in real life, it's probably a more common practice than people would like to admit...

Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Sheesh, it's not like the 50th anniversary of this event couldn't have been foreseen on say 8/28/1963, giving ANY politician plenty of time to work their attendance into a schedule...

Speaking positions were by invitation only, they sent out invitations to people that were recovering from health issues and/or just had surgery and waited till the last minute to send the other invitations.

Look I don't know if this was deliberate or just a snaffu on the part of the organizers, but the result turned the 50th anniversary of the MLK speech into a highly partisan event when it should have been apolitical.

Upvote 0

SolomanVIII

Jun 20, 2013
✟436.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Speaking positions were by invitation only, they sent out invitations to people that were recovering from health issues and/or just had surgery and waited till the last minute to send the other invitations.

Look I don't know if this was deliberate or just a snaffu on the part of the organizers, but the result turned the 50th anniversary of the MLK speech into a highly partisan event when it should have been apolitical.

Democrats seemed to have found the time to attend; perhaps that says something about the Republicans who were invited (all of whom seemed to have declined) and their priorities.

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private

I'm not talking about being a speaker, for maybe it should be only to commemorate the anniversary of the march on Washington for Jobs and Freedom. Many thousands of others did so, found the time.

Upvote 0