Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
Unless you're proposing that we should reinstitute the institution of slavery, the fact those doctors are saying they will not take medicare because it doesn't provide enough reimbersement is actually a cause of alarm.
WASHINGTON -- Most physicians have a pessimistic outlook on the future of medicine, citing eroding autonomy and falling income, a survey of more than 600 doctors found.
Six in 10 physicians (62%) said it is likely many of their colleagues will retire earlier than planned in the next 1 to 3 years, a survey from Deloitte Center for Health Solutions found. That perception is uniform across age, gender, and specialty, it said.

Another 55% of surveyed doctors believe others will scale back hours because of the way medicine is changing, but the survey didn't elaborate greatly on how it was changing. Three-quarters think the best and brightest may not consider a career in medicine, although that is an increase from the 2011 survey result of 69%.
Survey: More Docs Plan to Retire Early

Article continues:
Four in 10 doctors reported their take-home pay decreased from 2011 to 2012, and more than half said the pay cut was 10% or less, according to Deloitte. Among physicians reporting a pay cut, four in 10 blame the Affordable Care Act (ACA), and 48% of all doctors believed their income would drop again in 2012 as a result of the health reform law.
Survey: More Docs Plan to Retire Early

The article then tries to whitewash things by saying fewer doctors have objections to Obamacare, which doesn't sound plausible given the information I quoted above.

So 62% of doctors say it is "likely" that "many" of their colleagues will retire "earlier". Not very quantifiable.

Also, the very first paragraph of your first link:

"Most U.S. physicians are concerned that the future of the medical profession may be in jeopardy and consider many changes in the market to be a threat. They believe that the performance of the U.S. health care system is suboptimal, but the Affordable Care Act is a good start to addressing issues of access and cost."(emphasis mine)

Strange that your second link doesn't mention that bolded part.

Also in that second link:

"Speaking of the ACA, fewer physicians (38% in 2012) believe the ACA is a step in the wrong direction compared with 44% in 2011."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So 62% of doctors say it is "likely" that "many" of their colleagues will retire "earlier". Not very quantifiable.

Also, the very first paragraph of your first link:

"Most U.S. physicians are concerned that the future of the medical profession may be in jeopardy and consider many changes in the market to be a threat. They believe that the performance of the U.S. health care system is suboptimal, but the Affordable Care Act is a good start to addressing issues of access and cost."(emphasis mine)

Strange that your second link omits that bolded part. Quote-mining at its finest.

As I mentioned in my comments, there was an attempt to whitewash everything.

Also in that second link:

"Speaking of the ACA, fewer physicians (38% in 2012) believe the ACA is a step in the wrong direction compared with 44% in 2011."

Sarcasm: Oh yeah cause they are really happy with having their pay cut multiple times...

The reason I didn't quote that part of the article (which I hinted at in my earlier post) is because it makes absolutely no sense when you look at the rest of the article. :doh:

Upvote 0

Skaloop

Agnostic atheist, pro-choice anti-abortion
May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
As I mentioned in my comments, there was an attempt to whitewash everything.

Which part is being whitewashed?

Sarcasm: Oh yeah cause they are really happy with having their pay cut multiple times...

Was the question about their pay, or about the accessibility of care? The answers seem to be regarding the latter.

The reason I didn't quote that part of the article (which I hinted at in my earlier post) is because it makes absolutely no sense when you look at the rest of the article. :doh:

So you are picking and choosing which parts of the article you consider valid, and which you don't. Nice.

Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Which part is being whitewashed?

What doctors actually feel about the healthcare law.

Was the question about their pay, or about the accessibility of care? The answers seem to be regarding the latter.

The two issues are interconnected,if the costs of their practice exceeds the amount their practice takes in, they are going to take steps to cut costs such as refusing to see medicare and medicaid patients for instance. Worst case the practice is going to be closed so they don't end up going bankrupt. With doctors dropping out of the medical field there will be fewer doctors to see the influx of new patients.

So the pay issue directly affects the accessibility to care.

So you are picking and choosing which parts of the article you consider valid, and which you don't. Nice.

If the article is contradicting itself, then I'm going to have to judge for myself what part of the article is accurate and what part is a load of garbage.

Are you suggesting doctors are lieing about their pay being cut?

Upvote 0
C

conamer

What doctors actually feel about the healthcare law.

The two issues are interconnected,if the costs of their practice exceeds the amount their practice takes in, they are going to take steps to cut costs such as refusing to see medicare and medicaid patients for instance. Worst case the practice is going to be closed so they don't end up going bankrupt. With doctors dropping out of the medical field there will be fewer doctors to see the influx of new patients.

So the pay issue directly affects the accessibility to care.

If the article is contradicting itself, then I'm going to have to judge for myself what part of the article is accurate and what part is a load of garbage.

Are you suggesting doctors are lieing about their pay being cut?
It's simple, the doctors are greedy too, like when Obama claimed and amputee would be charged $30,000 for a diabetes related surgery!

Upvote 0