Report: Lindsey Graham told police to shoot 1/6 rioters

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Interesting...

Lindsey Graham told police to 'use' their guns against Jan. 6 rioters: 'Take back the Senate!'

Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham urged Capitol police to use their guns and regain control of the Capitol on Jan. 6, a new report details.

"What are you doing? Take back the Senate! You've got guns. Use them," Graham told Capitol police, according to an extensive report from the Washington Post, which described Graham as "irate" that senators were forced to leave their chambers during the storming of the Capitol.

"We give you guns for a reason," he said. "Use them." The Washington Post stated the quotes were based on an unnamed Republican senator with knowledge of the incident.

Why is this especially interesting?

1. Among the Senate, Graham is nicknamed "The Trump Whisperer" due to his continued friendship with Donald -- and the fact that he is allegedly more capable than most to get Donald to see reason as necessary. As such, he's one of the few GOP politicians to keep close relations with Donald after his defeat.
  2. Donald, of course, still clings to the idea that the 2020 election was somehow "stolen" from him, and on the fateful day of the riot, refused to make any kind of effort denouncing or even discouraging the rioters, except for a half-hearted, prerecorded statement which was ultimately about as effective as a glass hammer.
So what's going to happen when Donald hears that Graham wanted his patriotic supporters shot dead?

Thoughts?

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Interesting...

Lindsey Graham told police to 'use' their guns against Jan. 6 rioters: 'Take back the Senate!'

1. Among the Senate, Graham is nicknamed "The Trump Whisperer" due to his continued friendship with Donald -- and the fact that he is allegedly more capable than most to get Donald to see reason as necessary. As such, he's one of the few GOP politicians to keep close relations with Donald after his defeat.
  2. Donald, of course, still clings to the idea that the 2020 election was somehow "stolen" from him, and on the fateful day of the riot, refused to make any kind of effort denouncing or even discouraging the rioters, except for a half-hearted, prerecorded statement which was ultimately about as effective as a glass hammer.
So what's going to happen when Donald hears that Graham wanted his patriotic supporters shot dead?

Thoughts?
Trump has admitted he lost the election in private (article January 5):
Trump privately admits it’s over, but wants to brawl for attention

Trump admitted he lost the election in public:
Trump tells Fox News he ‘didn’t win’ election but doesn’t drop fraud lie

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
  • Winner
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,764.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Interesting...

Thoughts?
Maybe because he knew it was an obvious false flag operation by Antifa, Soros, and the Democratic Party.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The thing about ego-maniacs/narcissists is that it's much easier to reason with them in private than it is in public...and they're also easy to manipulate if you know which buttons to push.

I don't think it's any secret that Trump is one (even his most staunch supporters would have a hard time denying the fact that he's narcissistic).

For as much flak as Graham has taken over the years, deep down, I think he's a somewhat decent guy, and was trying to tread the line of "keeping my party in check" and "not ruffling feathers so much that it makes me lose my job".

He was the same guy who had these things to say

There's a difference in response when it's 'this guy who's on my team is spouting off nonsense on twitter, let me go talk to him' vs. 'this guy who's on my team just decided to sic his buddies on him my house to come beat us up'.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Maybe because he knew it was an obvious false flag operation by Antifa, Soros, and the Democratic Party.

If that's supposed to be humor, I think you forgot the punchline.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

If that was true, you'd think someone involved would have been identified as such.

• Winner
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Interesting...

Thoughts?

One would think he would approve and distance himself. I doubt his supporters would react badly, since nothing phases them.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Thoughts?
I don't think Trump would care.
He'd get upset if Graham wanted any of his rich and powerful buddies shot dead.
But the plebs?
Didn't Trump ponder that he himself could shoot a pleb on the street and get away with it?

Trump only cares about rich elites that have the power and willingness to assist him. For people that meet none or only one of those criteria, you're out of luck.

• Winner
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I don't think Trump would care.
He'd get upset if Graham wanted any of his rich and powerful buddies shot dead.
But the plebs?
Didn't Trump ponder that he himself could shoot a pleb on the street and get away with it?

Trump only cares about rich elites that have the power and willingness to assist him. For people that meet none or only one of those criteria, you're out of luck.

Except that now that Donald has tasted political power -- true power, he's realized that the plebs are a means to that end.

Besides, if Donald's half the narcissist that everyone says he is, what could he possibly love more than crowds of plebs giving him the praise he's entitled to?

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Except that now that Donald has tasted political power -- true power, he's realized that the plebs are a means to that end.

Besides, if Donald's half the narcissist that everyone says he is, what could he possibly love more than crowds of plebs giving him the praise he's entitled to?
He loves the adoration and the cheers from the masses, the crowd. He doesn't care at all about each individual.

His fan base is there for the votes, for the grifting of donations and MAGA merch sales and Rally entrance fees and for them putting themselves in the line with regards to insurrection type stuff in order to keep him in power.

• Winner
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
He loves the adoration and the cheers from the masses, the crowd. He doesn't care at all about each individual.

His fan base is there for the votes, for the grifting of donations and MAGA merch sales and Rally entrance fees and for them putting themselves in the line with regards to insurrection type stuff in order to keep him in power.

He's got to at least put on a show of anger for those who disparage "his people."

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
He's got to at least put on a show of anger for those who disparage "his people."
He could have pardoned the Jan 5 rioters. but he chose not to. Instead he pardoned Bannon for stealing from the build the wall fund.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Its a fact, not humor.

Actually, it's a rant, not a fact.

But I'll play along for the moment -- how many of the hundreds of arrested 1/6 rioters have known ties to Antifa, Soros, and the Democratic Party?

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Actually, it's a rant, not a fact.

But I'll play along for the moment -- how many of the hundreds of arrested 1/6 rioters have known ties to Antifa, Soros, and the Democratic Party?
“That just shows how crafty ‘they’ are!”

Upvote 0