Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I thought Israel was grafted out and the Gentiles were grafted into the root, Jesus Christ.

Romans 11:25
For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery, so that you will not be wise in your own estimation that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.

Paul is the eternal optimist, this partial hardening has been underway for two thousand years.

That Optimistic Guy! Who does he think he is?!? :D

• Informative
Reactions: ItIsFinished!
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Only unbelieving Israel was removed. The faithful ie: Jewish Christians remain as natural branches. Only believing gentiles were grafted in, joining faithful Israel.

No one is replaced. No one is superseded.

Faith in Christ allows believing Jews to remain on the tree and allows believing gentiles to join the believing Jews on the same tree.

Oh, this is rich!

The Body of Christ is Grafted into Abraham, Through Christ.

Abraham wasn’t an Israelite. Prove me wrong!

Abraham was Promised Isaac... and in this... the BOC is Bound to Abraham... or all born of New Covenant Faith in Christ. Abraham is the Patriarch of Faith. (Abraham is called a “Hebrew”, which means (To Cross Over). Descendants of Abraham can be called Hebrews. (Hebrew means to Cross over)

Jacob was Named Israel by The Angel he wrestled with... and in such is the First Patriarch of Israel. (Israel means... Contend(ed)(s) with God). Descendants of Jacob are Israelites and because Jacob is also a descendant of Abraham, Israelites are simultaneously Hebrews.

Moses is the most Famous Patriarch of Israel.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Oh, this is rich!

The Body of Christ is Grafted into Abraham, Through Christ.

The body of Christ was first formed by Jewish believers and therefore was never grafted into anything since they were natural branches.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The body of Christ was first formed by Jewish believers and therefore was never grafted into anything since they were natural branches.

No...

Israel was Widowed when Jesus died.

The BOC was only active upon Christ’s Resurrection at which point Israelite Believers Converted to And Were grafted into Messiah...

This started with the 12... and was instituted at Pentecost.

The BOC... officially broke loose from the Jews, starting at Pentecost.

Paul was the next step.

What did Jesus say happens to a marriage contract upon death? What does Paul say on the matter?

Jesus gave a Divorce He didn’t desire to give due to Hardness of Israel’s Heart.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Infact.... Lets Apply Covenant Logic.

We know God and Israel were Married.
We know Jesus said this:

Matthew 19:3 Some Pharisees approached Him to test Him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife on any grounds?” 4 “Haven’t you read,” He replied, “that He who created them in the beginning made them male and female,” and He also said: “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two will become one flesh? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore, what God has joined together, man must not separate.” “Why then,” they asked Him, “did Moses command us to give divorce papers and to send her away?” He told them, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because of the hardness of your hearts. But it was not like that from the beginning. 9 And I tell you, whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery.”
Matthew 19:3-9 - Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 19:3-9 - Holman Christian Standard Bible

So... by Jesus’ own standards... Marrying the Gentiles would be Adultery.

When Jesus died... Israel was widowed. This is also how the Old Covenant is not imputes Against New Covenant Believers.

Israel Divorced Jesus when... When it’s leadership said they had no King but Caesar.

Jesus was Righteous in the Divorce, because He didn’t initiate it and Israel was Unfaithful... and twice over righteous, because Death did them Part.

Divorce... Cut Off... Death did them Part...

This is exactly what Paul says in Romans 11.

Now, to say Israel is the BOC is to accuse God of Adultery... and to say the BOC is widowed, and Divorced from God.

How do I know Jesus was prophetically responding to the Pharisees?

Note that Jesus was being tested by the Pharisees?

Matthew 4:7

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No...

Israel was Widowed when Jesus died.

No one was married to Jesus when he died and therefore there was not a widow. Christ is returning for a wife, his first wife.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No one was married to Jesus when he died and therefore there was not a widow. Christ is returning for a wife, his first wife.

Did God call Literal Israel, as in Jacob/Israel/12 Tribes Israel... Unfaithful?

Jeremiah 3:20

Also, do you believe that we go to Jesus when we die, as Believers? I do.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Did God call Literal Israel, as in Jacob/Israel/12 Tribes Israel... Unfaithful?

Yes.

Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Also, you say this in this thread...

You are only disproving your own position by saying this since even here we see the church is Christ's wife.

It is in reference to the BOC being God’s Bride, And infact You quote Ephesians 2... which calls Christ the NEW MAN.

So again... You say God is coming back for His “First Wife”

I agree. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes.

Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

So The Body of Christ, which is Israel, (I do not believe they are the same) according to your own logic is Scripturally cutoff from Christ?

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Also, you say this in this thread...

It is in reference to the BOC being God’s Bride, And infact You quote Ephesians 2... which calls Christ the NEW MAN.

So again... You say Godnis coming back for His “First Wife”

I agree. :D

God the Son is coming for his first wife, not God the Father. Make sure you are getting those things correct.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So The Body of Christ, which is Israel, (I do not believe they are the same) according to your own logic is Scripturally cutoff from Christ?

No, you are not understanding these things.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Ephesians 2...
God the Son is coming for his first wife, not God the Father. Make sure you are getting those things correct.

John Specifies that no man has seen the Father. How could that mistake be made?

And yet... do you believe YHWH that covers the cleft in the mountain before Moses is “God the Father”?

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ephesians 2...

John Specifies that no man has seen the Father.

Study into that deeper because it is not remotely about visually seeing the Father.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Study into that deeper because it is not remotely about visually seeing the Father.

Oh but it is.

Again... Do you think the Pillar Of Fire by night and Cloud by day... the very Presence before Moses... was the Father?

I already have the Scriptural ammunition to back that it is the Son.

Is it I Who should “study deeper”?

Upvote 0