Visit site
✟225,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This seems to be a divided post. I don't know who J H Allen is. I don't know if you're trying to say your second statement is heresy or being promoted as truth.

Then you should have read the thread, hadn't you? You should also read the thread "Dispensationalism Refuted," in the Eschatological and End Times forum.

Upvote 0

Jerryhuerta

Historicist
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2018
Tucson
Visit site
✟225,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gal 3:29 doesn't say anything about Ephraim/Israel.

Matthew 21:43 doesn't reveal the "nation" that bears the fruit either. These are theological issues that supersessionism is clearly quite wrong on, as is dispensationalism.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟806,567.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Your doctrines have been put forth by claninja and I've been addressing them. If you have anything original I'll address it.

I invite you to select any Scripture from those which I've cited, and explain how claninja's doctrines suppress that Scripture.

Upvote 0

Jerryhuerta

Historicist
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2018
Tucson
Visit site
✟225,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I invite you to select any Scripture from those which I've cited, and explain how claninja's doctrines suppress that Scripture.

As I stated, I've been addressing your doctrines with claninja. If you have anything original, which you don't at this juncture, post them. My time is limited and I use it economically.

Like right now, I have other engagements, so I'll check in when I have the time later.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Israel is promoted by the Scripture to be God's wife.

A divorced wife due to adultery.

The Scripture promotes the church as the bride of Christ. To say they are both the same is to have Jesus marrying His Father's wife.

Israel today is a new woman, born again through Christ, composed of all peoples of all races that accept Christ.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Then you should have read the thread, hadn't you? You should also read the thread "Dispensationalism Refuted," in the Eschatological and End Times forum.
Sorry but I don't chase down threads. I don't read every sub forum either. But since you mentioned it I may look if I have time.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 21:43 doesn't reveal the "nation" that bears the fruit either. These are theological issues that supersessionism is clearly quite wrong on, as is dispensationalism.
Dispensationalism is about different eras the Scripture talks about. Gal 3:17-19 is a great example just like LK 16:16. Jeremiah also talks about different time periods in 31:31-33. The law had its run and has been replaced with another covenant of jurisdiction.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't waste my time with things that don't effect my salvation. That's why I don't spend time in the Eschatology sub forum.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A divorced wife due to adultery.
He that marries a divorced woman commits adultery according to Jesus.

Mat 5:32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

So how can you have Jesus doing what He says is sin?
Israel today is a new woman, born again through Christ, composed of all peoples of all races that accept Christ.
Israel isn't born again, but individuals are. Gal 3:28 says we are in Jesus Christ. It doesn't say we are in Israel. JN 15:1-7 backs this up wonderfully. JN 10 and 14:6 say without doubt you will only get access to God through Him, not Israel. JN 10:16 clearly shows that the church isn't this fold (Israel).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
He that marries a divorced woman commits adultery according to Jesus.

She never remarries. Only the New Israel marries who never was married or divorced before.

Israel isn't born again, but individuals are.

Israel is individuals, and only Christian individuals that are born again.

It doesn't say we are in Israel.

Paul says it in Romans plus it's here:

Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Christian gentiles are no more strangers but are fellowcitizens with those who weren't gentiles. This is gentiles joining Israelites, all being in Christ the corner stone.

Reactions: One Son
Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You're marrying things that aren't together or the same. Hosea isn't talking about Ephraim. The Romans and Corinthians aren't Jews (Israel/Ephraim). Mat 28:19 isn't talking about Ephraim. Neither is the covenant made with Abraham that the nations would be blessed.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
She never remarries. Only the New Israel marries who never was married or divorced before.
This is malarkey.
Israel is individuals, and only Christian individuals that are born again.
Israel never appears in Scripture as individuals. The only individual called Israel is Joseph the supplanter who wrestled with an angel. You need to read your own bolded quote.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Paul says Jesus is Abraham's seed, not the unbelieving Jews Galatians 3:16. Matthew's use of Hosea reveals that Jesus IS Israel.

When Israel was a child, then I loved him, And called my son out of Egypt.” (Hosea 11:1)
True. Why you're reading this as Israel, I'll never know except to promote something that isn't correct. It's very true that God called both Israel and Jesus out of Egypt. God's calling Israel out of Egypt was a deliverance. Jer 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt...
That's stretching things a bit. Paul isn't saying he is Israel.
So, Abraham’s seed were the Hebrews originally and also known as Israel.
As a nation yes. As individuals they were called Israelites.
Paul says Jesus is Abraham’s Seed along with those who believe in him which means Jesus and believers are Israel.
No way! The people in Rom 2:14 are clearly not Israelites. There's no way to prove they are from Ephraim either.

14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
“And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.” (Genesis 17:14)
Support Ephraim didn't circumcise their male children with Scripture thus becoming gentiles to include Romans, Corinthians and Ephesians as descendants of Ephraim.

Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Interesting presentation but Israel was divided into two factions - the northern tribes called Israel and the southern tribes called Judah. I think the southern tribes were Levi, Benjamin and of course Judah the largest tribe and most significant tribe of Israel.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So what about Mat 21:43. I don't see it supporting your commentary.

Upvote 0