sg
✟217,741.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
complete rubbish! ONLY unless the sinner truly repents for ALL their past sins, will they be forgiven! You are preaching a false gospel which is what Joseph Prince does, and can save NO ONE!

So back to my original question, when you first became a Christian, do you make sure your remember all your past sins and repent one by one, or do you just do a blanket "Lord forgive me of ALL my sins"?

And how do you know whether you have "truly repented" of them?

Upvote 0

Bond-servant of Christ

Sep 15, 2020
Birmingham
✟21,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"Lord forgive me of ALL my sins"?

why don't you read and listen to what the Bible actually teaches? Listen to this prayer of a sinner, "“But the tax collector stood at a distance and dared not even lift his eyes to heaven as he prayed. Instead, he beat his chest in sorrow, saying, ‘O God, be merciful to me, for I am a sinner.’" (Luke 18:13). Admitting that you are a sinner, and truly repenting of ALL your sins in thought, word and deed; and believing in Jesus as your personal Saviour, and His life and death for you, is ALL that is needed! but REPENTANCE and FAITH is the ONLY way, as Jesus says in Mark 1:15!

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,741.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
why don't you read and listen to what the Bible actually teaches? Listen to this prayer of a sinner, "“But the tax collector stood at a distance and dared not even lift his eyes to heaven as he prayed. Instead, he beat his chest in sorrow, saying, ‘O God, be merciful to me, for I am a sinner.’" (Luke 18:13). Admitting that you are a sinner, and truly repenting of ALL your sins in thought, word and deed; and believing in Jesus as your personal Saviour, and His life and death for you, is ALL that is needed! but REPENTANCE and FAITH is the ONLY way, as Jesus says in Mark 1:15!

Why not take 1 Cor 15:1-4 instead, since Paul is the apostle to the Gentiles, as he stated himself in Romans 11?

In the 4 gospels time period, the good news was not based on Jesus dying for sins. It was based on Israel acknowledging that Jesus was the promised Son of God to them (John 20:31)

Upvote 0

Bond-servant of Christ

Sep 15, 2020
Birmingham
✟21,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why not take 1 Cor 15:1-4 instead, since Paul is the apostle to the Gentiles, as he stated himself in Romans 11?

In the 4 gospels time period, the good news was not based on Jesus dying for sins. It was based on Israel acknowledging that Jesus was the promised Son of God to them (John 20:31)

so, Jesus Christ is lying? the Gospels are outdated and not relevant to anything?

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,741.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
so, Jesus Christ is lying? the Gospels are outdated and not relevant to anything?

Matthew 15:24 has your answer there.

You don't get your salvation doctrine from Leviticus do you? But it is relevant for your learning. It is just not written TO you, nor is it ABOUT you.

Upvote 0

Bond-servant of Christ

Sep 15, 2020
Birmingham
✟21,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 15:24 has your answer there.

You don't get your salvation doctrine from Leviticus do you? But it is relevant for your learning. It is just not written TO you, nor is it ABOUT you.

can you deal with Mark 1:15, Luke 24:47, Acts 2:37-38. then we can carry on...

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,741.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
can you deal with Mark 1:15, Luke 24:47, Acts 2:37-38. then we can carry on...

All those verses were directed to the nation Israel, under the gospel of the kingdom.

You have to read Acts 2:36 first, before you can understand what Peter was saying in the next 2 verses.

Upvote 0
Jul 4, 2020
Chicago
✟12,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The ironic thing is those who repent of their sins to be saved are actually being the opposite of repentant, they are in open rebellion against God. Because they are failing to look to the cross and what Jesus did for their sins and they are establishing their own way of righteousness by their own efforts of repenting of their sins. It's the most satanic thing around because it masquerades itself as the truth but brings the glory to man rather than to Jesus.

Upvote 0