Rep. Dean Phillips wants ‘moderate governor’ to jump into Democratic primary to unseat Biden

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
“I would like to see a moderate governor, hopefully from the heartland from one of the four states that Democrats will need,” Mr. Phillips said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

As examples, he named Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers, Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, former Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz, Pennsylvania Gov. Josh Shapiro and Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker.

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I think that there should be a primary with valid candidates, but I doubt any of those have a chance of defeating Biden in the primary or a republican candidate except Trump in the presidential election.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I think that there should be a primary with valid candidates, but I doubt any of those have a chance of defeating Biden in the primary or a republican candidate except Trump in the presidential election.
Even if you are right, the debates will bring forth discussion on how we can improve; that is if Biden won't dismiss a Governor, and actually take part in a debate.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Even if you are right, the debates will bring forth discussion on how we can improve; that is if Biden won't dismiss a Governor, and actually take part in a debate.
I don't think a public debate is the right place for a party to decide its policies. That should be done in a less public setting. Policy making is not a spectator sport, it takes time and much thought, not witty comebacks and one-liners.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I don't think a public debate is the right place for a party to decide its policies. That should be done in a less public setting. Policy making is not a spectator sport, it takes time and much thought, not witty comebacks and one-liners.
I think that it's better for the people to decide the policies; and that the government should work with the people in a transparent way.

I think that it's best to question a candidate's agenda, and his approach to achieving that agenda, out in the open, for the people, whom these candidates supposedly serve, to see.

So much for Democracy.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Youve clearly never watched a presidential campaign debate.
I've watched plenty. If you've ever watched one; it seems that you didn't fully understand what you were seeing.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I think that it's best to question a candidate's agenda, and his approach to achieving that agenda, out in the open, for the people, whom these candidates supposedly serve, to see.
I agree with that 100%. But thats not at all what the debates provide. In fact they draw attention away from the agenda, the policies, the principles etc, and give us spectacle, gotcha moments, shouting over each other (some more than others) instead.

• Agree
Reactions: comana
Upvote 0