Removing the laws of God- what does it really mean?

Nathan@work

Always ready :)
Feb 19, 2021
Garfield
✟27,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To live like Christ as our example and not sin. We can only do this when we let God lead and though the help of the Holy Spirit.
I like, but sanctification is very specific.

It is purification - holiness.

Can our flesh be holy? Can our flesh be purified?

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I like, but sanctification is very specific.

It is purification - holiness.

Can our flesh be holy? Can our flesh be purified?
Great questions! I am looking forward to discussing this with you soon. It’s late here so I am off to catch up on some sleep for now. Hope you have a blessed evening! :)

• Agree
Reactions: Nathan@work
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You must exegete Heb 3:7-4:13, demonstrating the meaning I have presented is incorrect in post #715, Removing the laws of God- what does it really mean?

This you have not done.

Post # 1006 linked proves you did not exegete Hebrews 3:7 to Hebrews 4:13 correctly in your post # 715. Your post has been addressed section by section and scripture by scripture showing why what you presented as well as what you were claiming was not true according to the scriptures. Of course you are free to believe as you wish. The scriptures provided in the linked post were only shared in love and as a help to you. We will agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
But in the Ark, they remain eternally unbroken. :)
I meant to say this earlier, but I think why the 10 commandment was in the Ark is a symbol of their sacredness. They were eternal when God wrote them Himself on stone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I meant to say this earlier, but I think why the 10 commandment was in the Ark is a symbol of their sacredness. They were eternal when God wrote them Himself on stone.
Mere words are very much extremely limited when it comes to fully and accurately describing all of everything about all things "eternal", etc, or heavenly, or timeless, etc... Even Jesus "the Word" had a lot of trouble with it, etc...

Which is why the letter of the law, or any set of written down rules or laws cannot, etc, but the heart can, etc...

And that's the NT, and the NC, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Mere words are very much extremely limited when it comes to fully and accurately describing all of everything about all things "eternal", etc, or heavenly, or timeless, etc... Even Jesus "the Word" had a lot of trouble with it, etc...

Which is why the letter of the law, or any set of written down rules or laws cannot, etc, but the heart can, etc...

And that's the NT, and the NC, etc...

God Bless!
These are not ‘mere words” they are God’s Word’s. The context of my post was why God’s 10 written on stone was placed in the Ark and was kept in the most holy of holy in the temple. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
These are not ‘mere words” they are God’s Word’s. The context of my post was why God’s 10 written on stone was placed in the Ark and was kept in the most holy of holy in the temple. :)
When you are comparing "mere words" to that which is heavenly or timeless or eternal, or are God's "true laws", etc, then they are just only "mere words", etc...

Because those words fail to fully express them, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Nathan@work

Feb 19, 2021
Garfield
✟27,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I’m not sure I would describe them that way. Please do not misunderstand me, but ‘their sacredness’ is a point of human view. Does God ever call them sacred?

The other aspect we have is that, as I have pointed out a few times, the Ark was not commanded to be built until after the first set.

I know it is sometimes hard to understand from our point of view, but God does not make mistakes. He does everything for a reason.

There was a reason why God did not have Moses build an Ark before the first set, there is a reason why He had Moses cut the second set, and there is a reason the tablets were inside and the book of the law outside.

These things were done for us. For us to learn from - for examples. I don’t think it’s just ‘stuff’ written down and reasons beyond our capability to understand.

If you believe that God gave the law, all of it including the commandments, for a reason, then why not believe there is a reason He did what He did in giving them to us?

Upvote 0

Nathan@work

Feb 19, 2021
Garfield
✟27,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The reason Moses did not have an Ark for the first set was because God knew Moses would throw them down and break them.

God knew this. It is a witness against them, all of them, of how they will always break Gods laws.

Romans 5:20 (ESV)
Now the law came in to increase the trespass, but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more,

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I’m not sure I would describe them that way. Please do not misunderstand me, but ‘their sacredness’ is a point of human view. Does God ever call them sacred?

The other aspect we have is that, as I have pointed out a few times, the Ark was not commanded to be built until after the first set.

I know it is sometimes hard to understand from our point of view, but God does not make mistakes. He does everything for a reason.

There was a reason why God did not have Moses build an Ark before the first set, there is a reason why He had Moses cut the second set, and there is a reason the tablets were inside and the book of the law outside.

These things were done for us. For us to learn from - for examples. I don’t think it’s just ‘stuff’ written down and reasons beyond our capability to understand.

If you believe that God gave the law, all of it including the commandments, for a reason, then why not believe there is a reason He did what He did in giving them to us?
Don’t misunderstand, I very much agree God does everything for a reason. The covenant was broken by Moses when his people were worshipping idols. The mistake was not made by God. The law was already in effect prior to God writting them on stone, from what scripture is indicating it was from the beginning of creation.

I think the 10 was stored in the Ark and kept in the most holy of holy due to its sacredness/holiness. It’s the perfect way to live Ecclesiasticus 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, For this is man’s all. Which I like your last set of questions on the sanctification process and how we are made pure and holy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nathan@work

Feb 19, 2021
Garfield
✟27,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Moses cut the second set because it would always be a witness to them that the perfect commands of God were written on a thing from man.

They were placed inside the Ark because they would be carried, kept, by the priesthood. It was their burden to carry. Once it was placed inside, it was never seen again.

The book of the law was on the outside it was there so it could be seen. It was there to show them, as the tablets once did, they were sinful. They could not see the tablets anymore, but they could see the book as the priests went in front of them with the Ark always.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Moses cut the second set because it would always be a witness to them that the perfect commands of God were written on a thing from man.

They were placed inside the Ark because they would be carried, kept, by the priesthood. It was their burden to carry. Once it was placed inside, it was never seen again.

The book of the law was on the outside it was there so it could be seen. It was there to show them, as the tablets once did, they were sinful. They could not see the tablets anymore, but they could see the book as the priests went in front of them with the Ark always.
You are confusing the law of Moses written by Moses, with God’s laws written and spoken by God. Different laws. The law of Moses contained some ceremonial laws like blood sacrifices, circumcision, and feasts that ended at the cross. God’s laws are eternal. The law of Moses was outside the Ark, God’s laws were kept inside placed in the most holy of holy inside the temple.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nathan@work

Feb 19, 2021
Garfield
✟27,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are confusing the law of Moses written by Moses, with God’s laws written and spoken by God. Different laws. The law of Moses contained some ceremonial laws like blood sacrifices, circumcision, and feasts that ended at the cross. God’s laws are eternal. The law of Moses was outside the Ark, God’s laws were inside kept in the most holy of holy inside the temple.

Exodus 24:12 (ESV) The LORD said to Moses, “Come up to me on the mountain and wait there, that I may give you the tablets of stone, with the law and the commandment, which I have written for their instruction.”

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Nathan@work

Feb 19, 2021
Garfield
✟27,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are confusing the law of Moses written by Moses, with God’s laws written and spoken by God. Different laws. The law of Moses contained some ceremonial laws like blood sacrifices, circumcision, and feasts that ended at the cross. God’s laws are eternal. The law of Moses was outside the Ark, God’s laws were kept inside placed in the most holy of holy inside the temple.

The Ark, everything in it and on it, was in the most holy.

I’m not confusing them. I made a distinction about them. The tablets were placed inside, the book on the outside.

• Useful
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Ark, everything in it and on it, was in the most holy.

I’m not confusing them. I made a distinction about them. The tablets were placed inside, the book on the outside.
The witness against us was referring to the laws of Moses, not God’s laws.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nathan@work

Feb 19, 2021
Garfield
✟27,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
One in the same.

God wrote those laws also.

To extrapolate, all the “laws” were commonly described as the laws of Moses. Precisely because God gave them to Moses, who in turn gave them to the children of Israel.

Before then, there had not been anything given, except ‘commands’ that God Himself would give to people. *Adam, Abraham, Noah, etc.

What took place at the Mountain was unique to the children of Israel. Which, I should interject, is why what took place of the Hill where Christ died, is unique to the Children of God.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Post # 1006 linked proves you did not exegete Hebrews 3:7 to Hebrews 4:13 correctly in your post # 715. Your post has been addressed section by section and scripture by scripture showing why what you presented as well as what you were claiming was not true according to the scriptures. Of course you are free to believe as you wish. The scriptures provided in the linked post were only shared in love and as a help to you. We will agree to disagree.
To declare my explanation in Removing the laws of God- what does it really mean? as "untrue" is not a refutation.

You must demonstrate that mine is incorrect, by presenting your own explanation of Heb 3:7-4:13
for my examination, taking into account and being consistent with all its points:
why a warning to Hebrews, of all people, about Sabbath keeping;
multiple references each to unbelief, disobedience, refusal to enter Canaan;
full-time (4:3b-4) Sabbath rest, not a weekly Sabbath rest.

This you have not done.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does anyone think it is possible to know what the Ten Commandments mean?

If you do, could you list them and explain what each one means and why God gave it?

Thanks. :)
Given that Jesus found meanings in the commandments about adultery and murder that I didn't see until I read about them in the sermon on the mount, I certainly couldn't give the full meaning of each commandment.

I think the holy spirit gives us the knowledge we need for each day, just as he gives us the strength for each day.

This could explain why different people will read the same Bible and be led by the spirit to take different actions, imo.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Written in our heart is from the Spirit, the Anointing of the Lord as is His Word being nigh unto us in our and in our mouth.

Incidentally the Law is written and put in both our mind and heart through God's Spirit. Our own disposition is not our own nor is it to be. It is of Christ.
It is our own from Christ.

Upvote 0