New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey! I'm closing in on 40.. 40 can't be all that bad :)

I never really think of anything as being "old" I do however notice how YOUNG the college kids seem now...

I like being the age I am .. I'd never want to go through my teens and 20's again.. however I've had enough wonderful moments of enlightenment over the past decade that it wouldn't much bother me to live through some of my 30's years again :)

Upvote 0

Luvmy5grls

Veteran
Oct 27, 2005
✟1,936.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi JPPT!

I thought I'd join you fabulous 30 somethings. I am LOVING my thirty something years.

But you know what? I'm not all that worried about my 40's either. Granted maybe that's because I'm on the low end of the 30's. But I think that every decade has it's rewards and I'm looking forward to the experiences each one will bring.

My biggest challenge in my 30's is learning how to juggle 5 kids, a husband, house, pets and a full time job.

I can't imagine what it will be like when all my girls are on their own and I have so little to care for. I'll probably wish these challenging days back again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CarolinaMom

Daughter of a KING!
Feb 11, 2006
NC
Visit site
✟19,216.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So far, 30 has been awesome. I am smarter and more respected. You live and you learn right? Well, MOST people do. Older people don't look at me funny anymore. Now it's my turn to snarl my nose at those teens! What's the world coming to! Look at those clothes! LOL Just kiddin'.

I can't wait to see what the next 10, 20, 30, 40 years will bring!!! Imagine, we could still have 50+ years on this planet!
(Unless the rapture comes, of course.) I'm just glad that I have that much time to worship Jesus, be a witness to as many as I can, and hopefully spread a little happiness along the way.

Reactions: WannaWitness
Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
CarolinaMom said:
So far, 30 has been awesome. I am smarter and more respected. You live and you learn right? Well, MOST people do. Older people don't look at me funny anymore. Now it's my turn to snarl my nose at those teens! What's the world coming to! Look at those clothes! LOL Just kiddin'.

I can't wait to see what the next 10, 20, 30, 40 years will bring!!! Imagine, we could still have 50+ years on this planet!
(Unless the rapture comes, of course.) I'm just glad that I have that much time to worship Jesus, be a witness to as many as I can, and hopefully spread a little happiness along the way.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

OakeyAngel

Oct 14, 2005
California
✟15,523.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Ok, I LOVED turning 30. Didn't bother me at all. My friend, who is my husband now, took me out and we had a blast! I just turned 37 Jan 31st, and that was a little hard. I guess I'm not ready to be closer to 40. But I do have to say, I do not look my age. When people find out I have a 14 year old daughter, they always say, wow you started having kids young, and I always assure them I was 22, not 15 when I had her.
I believe, you are only as young as you feel. And except for a few aches and pains, I feel pretty young!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BeachBlonde

The Hug Reaper is here!
Feb 24, 2005
Idaho
✟18,224.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah,and the weird thing is once you get here you still feel 20. The brain is a funny thing isn't it? I remember thinking the people I babysat for were old.They were in their late 30's and I know I thought they were just too old to have a baby! Sheesh!

Upvote 0

Templedweller

Unexpected, But Always Meant To Be!!!
Apr 10, 2006
✟22,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do remember when I though being in MY thirties was going to be FOREVER from then.........

Now I look back and see where I have been and know the experiences I hold BUT it does seem like only yesterday (AND that used to be such an old people's thing to say) when I thought this time MY 30's would be SOOO long in coming.

I'm 32 now!!!

Sincerely,
Templedweller:)

Reactions: WannaWitness
Upvote 0