Not open for further replies.

SoulSearching

Oct 5, 2003
Ozarks
Visit site
✟296.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The Burning Times have been used against Christians by pagans, witches, wiccans, just to name a few. They claim that Christians killed witches/pagans approx. 300 years ago. It gives them a cause, a reason to hate. The people killed during "The Burning Times" were mostly Christians. Those at religioustolerance,org are bias/intolerant of and against Christianity. This information needs to be shown: Their wording, I find very comical.

1. "We are not going to win many friends in the Neopagan communities ". They're NOT concern about making Christian friends.

2. "Some of the victims worshiped Pagan deities, and thus could be considered to be indirectly linked to today's Neopagans. However most apparently did not". They can't bring themselves to say that the victims were Christians.

3. "Some of the victims were midwives and native healers; however most were not". Once again they can't say the victims were Christians

4. And I bet this one really hurt them to say: "Most of the victims were tried executed by local, community courts, not by the Church ".

5. "Most of the deaths seem to have taken place in Western Europe in the times and areas where Protestant - Roman Catholic conflict". They were NOT Pagans/Witches/Wiccans and so forth.

I have never seen any good come from creating victims to farther hate and persecution.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/wic_burn.htm

We are not going to win many friends in the Neopagan communities with the following essay. However, we believe it to be accurate. It is a story that needs to be told.
The facts are that almost all of the information that is generally accepted as truth by the Neopagan community about the "burning times" is wrong:

The total number of victims was probably between 50,000 and 100,000 -- not 9 million as many believe.Although alleged witches were burned alive or hung over a five century interval -- from the 14th to the 18th century -- the vast majority were tried from 1550 to 1650. Some of the victims worshiped Pagan deities, and thus could be considered to be indirectly linked to today's Neopagans. However most apparently did not.Some of the victims were midwives and native healers; however most were not. Most of the victims were tried executed by local, community courts, not by the Church. A substantial minority of victims -- about 25% -- were male. Many countries in Europe largely escaped the burning times: Ireland executed only four "Witches;" Russia only ten. The craze affected mostly Switzerland, Germany and France. Eastern Orthodox countries had few Witch trials. "In parts of the Orthodox East, at least, witch hunts such as those experienced in other parts of Europe were unknown...."The Orthodox Church is strongly critical of sorcerers (among whom it includes palmists, fortune tellers and astrologers), but has not generally seen the remedy in accusations, trials and secular penalties, but rather in confession and repentance, and exorcism if necessary...." Most of the deaths seem to have taken place in Western Europe in the times and areas where Protestant - Roman Catholic conflict -- and thus social turmoil -- was at its maximum. [End of religioustolerance site]

After realizing just how intolerant religioustolerance is towards Christianity, I did more searching and found another site that offers more information on religioustolerance.org and one of it's MAIN members (Bruce B.A. Robinson) that the FBI used as one of it's sources in the PROJECT MEGIDDO - Preparing for Terrorism/profiling" religious cults: Like Robinson is going to be fair towards Christianity!!!

RELIGIOUS TOLERANCE - A FRONT FOR HATE

PART I - INTOLERANCE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED

THE ONTARIO CONSULTANTS ON RELIGIOUS TOLERANCE (OCRT) WEB PAGE URL LINK PROVIDED BY THE FBI IN THE PROJECT MIGEDDO REPORT

Part 1 - INTOLERANCE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED covers the pages belonging to the web site whose URL address is provided in the FBI report. It explores many of the relevant OCRT essays to reveal how "religious tolerance" is really just a front used to disguise hatred towards Christians. As you will see, in the view of some of these espoused "religious tolerance" advocates, there is only one religious group that should be called a "cult" and that group is comprised of all prophecy-believing Christians, which they mockingly call the "Apocalyptic cult."

Part II - THE LINKS THAT BIND cover the other four web pages a person is directed to by following the URL link provided in the FBI Project Megiddo report. The web page found there, the OCRT "cult behavior check lists" page, includes links to still other religious hatred front groups.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part 1 - INTOLERANCE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED

We begin by using their own words explaining who they are, then move on to the occult, witchcraft and paganism. It must be remembered that these are the views and opinions of the FBI authorities whose web pages are accessed from the URL given in the FBI report.

The Ontario Consultants on Religious Tolerance (OCRT) web site:

Our "Rules of Engagement"
http://www.religioustolerance.org/purpose.htm

Who we Are
We have been accused of being underground Jehovah's Witnesses, Muslims, Satanists, and Scientologists. None of these guesses are true. The person who accused us of being members of the Church of Scientology noted that we used the same unusual date notation as did L. Ron Hubbard. Actually date notations such as 1998-JUL-15 are fairly common outside of the U.S.; they are clear and unambiguous, and easy for computers to sort.

We really are a group of 4 volunteers: two Unitarian Universalists (one Agnostic and one Atheist), one Wiccan and one liberal but unaffiliated Christian.

http://www.networkusa.org/fingerprint/page1b/fp-rt-front-groups.html

http://www.networkusa.org/fingerprint/page1b/fp-project-megiddo.html

For more click on sites listed above:

Another site: http://www.greatdreams.com/megiddo.htm

God Bless!
SoulSearching/Justice

jbarcher

ANE Social Science Researcher
Aug 25, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
✟10,136.00
Faith
Christian
Yeah.....I find that religioustolerance, while it has some okay stuff, is usually really off.

It's not as bad as this essay, titled along the lines of "A Christian's Perspective on Wicca". Essentially, this guy was saying how Wiccans are saved, etc, etc...it contained a whole lot of heresy with some really bad logic. I can only wonder if his church taught him that...

Upvote 0

SoulSearching

Oct 5, 2003
Ozarks
Visit site
✟296.00
Faith
Non-Denom
religioustolerance.org and Their "Burning Time Award"

The "Burning Times Awards," normally given to politicians who violate the 1st Amendment: :D

The award:

http://www.religioustolerance.org/burn_awd.htm
Occasionally, a North American political figure makes a statement or performs an act that is profoundly religiously intolerant or which violates the federal constitution in a major way -- typically the First Amendment which guarantees the separation of church and state. We now recognize some of these events by issuing a Burning Times award.

This award is given at irregular intervals to recognize the type of spirit of religious intolerance that fueled the:

[font=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]Persecution of Jews in Europe and elsewhere for the past 15 centuries[/font]
[font=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]Witch burning times of the 16th to 18th centuries,[/font]
[font=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]Nazi holocaust [/font][font=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]Many of the world's current wars, genocides and civil disturbances, from Kosovo to the Philippines; from Sudan to Tibet.[/font]
[font=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]
Of course, the governments of North America cannot exterminate religious minorities by burning them alive, or gassing them to death. There are no major civil disturbances in the U.S. or Canada which are based on religious intolerance. However, there have been the occasional religiously motivated lynching, fire bombing, assault, shooting, and economic attacks. The evil that fueled these persecutions is kept alive today, in a diluted form, by some of our political leaders. Given a chance, the hatred and fear will flourish once more.

[/font]http://www.religioustolerance.org/burn_aw2.htm
Rep. Bob Barr (R-GA-7) has been a United States Attorney, and currently serves on the House Judiciary, Government Reform and Banking committees. He was offended that the U.S. army extended equal religious freedom to all soldiers on the Fort Hood, TX, army base, including wiccans. He attempted to pressure the army into terminating religious freedoms for Wiccans on all army bases. This inspired a coalition of conservative Christian groups to mount a boycott against army recruitment, until the U.S. Army complied with Rep. Barr's wishes.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/burn_aw1.htm
This award was given to the Governor of Nebraska, Mike Johanns on 1999-MAY-8 in recognition of being the North American political figure whose behavior most closely exemplifies the spirit of the Witch burning times of the 15th to 18th centuries.
On 1999-MAY-6, newly elected Governor Mike Johanns of Nebraska 6 is reported to have signed a proclamation for the "March for Jesus Day" to be held on 1999-MAY-22. 2 The proclamation reads in part: "March for Jesus Day was established as a time for us to join together as people of many faiths so that we may pay homage to our divine authority."

Rev. Wren Walker of the Witches' Voice issued a press release on MAY-7 urging Governor Johanns to rescind the March for Jesus Day proclamation and to apologize for his anti-Witch remarks.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/burn_aw3.htm
[font=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]We recognize such memorable events by issuing a Burning Times award. Our third Burning Times award was given to [font=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Senator Albert Robinson (R-London) on [/font]2000-MAR-3[font=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]. He is a member of the Kentucky Senate. [/font][/font]

[font=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]By 2000-FEB-15, a Ten Commandments bill had been stalled for many weeks in a committee of the Kentucky house. If signed into law, it will allow voters in individual school districts to hold a referendum and decide whether the Ten Commandments would be posted in their schools. No government funds could be involved; community groups or individuals would have to pay for the cost of installing and maintaining the displays . Bill 111 will also require the schools to teach the Commandments along with the codes of other religions.[/font]

[font=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Senator Albert Robinson (R-London) objected to the bill. He did not protest the bill's unconstitutionality. Rather, he was concerned because the schools would be required to teach codes of other religions, in addition Christianity. His view is that Christianity has always had a position of prominence in American history. He said ''When the boat came to these great shores, it did not have an atheist, a Buddhist, a Hindu, a Muslim, a Christian and a Jew. Ninety-eight-plus percent of these people were Christians.[/font]

[font=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]'' Previous recipients of the Burning Times award:
http://www.religioustolerance.org/burn_awd.htm

If our web site and this award had existed in the past, we probably would have recognized:
[font=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]1986: Senator Jesse Helms (R, NC): Senator Helms introduced an amendment to a bill which would have removed tax exempt status from existing Wiccan groups and prevent any new groups from being recognized by the Federal government. The amendment passed without opposition, but was later removed by the Congressional Joint Conference Committee. The threat politicized the Wiccan community. A number of Neopagan anti-defamation groups were formed to fight the Helms bill, to educate the public, and/or to provide legal assistance to persecuted Neopagans.[/font][font=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]1995: Utah Attorney General's Office: In spite of a complete lack of hard evidence, and the total absence of criminal charges or convictions, the Attorney General's office published a report on ritual crime in their state. It accused members of what they called "the Occult" of widespread ritual abuse in Utah.[/font]

[font=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]Canadians offering Their "Burning Time Award" fashioned after the witch hunts killings that were not wiccans/witches/ pagans and so forth. Instead Christians were the victims. This award is given to Americans based on the 1st Amendment of the U.S Constitution when that's a argument within it's self (i.e. separation of Church and State).[/font]

[font=OldEnglish-WP,Book Antiqua]Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.[/font]

http://www.maitreg.com/politics/myths/myths.asp

"Separation of Church and State" is guaranteed by the Constitution.
False. This is the most common myth today. How many times is "Separation of Church and State" mentioned in the Constitution? Zero! This was a term created in the middle of the 20th Century in an attempt to coerce people into thinking that the government and the church should have no relationship whatsoever. The 1st Amendment does not guarantee a separation of the church and the government. On the contrary, the 1st Amendment says that the U.S. Congress has no legal authority to make laws concerning religion. The key word here is "laws". This means that they can't make a federal law prohibiting the worship of Buddha, nor can they make a law that someone must worship Buddha. What it does not say is that the U.S. Congress cannot recognize a religion. It does NOT say that the state government can't make new laws about religion. It does NOT say that a public school funded by local taxpayers cannot conduct daily prayers at school or school events (i.e. football games).

http://www.catholicleague.org/research/dreisbach.htm

[font=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]It should be unsurprising that then-Justice Rehnquist in 1985 said of the wall of separation: “[It] is a metaphor based on bad history, a metaphor which has proved useless as a guide to judging. It should be frankly and explicitly abandoned.”[/font]

[/font]http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=35420

http://www.lc.org/OldResources/separation.html

I think they need to do away with their award since it's has nothing to do with Bruce Robinson's belief. He can no longer claim the past pain of others and make it a cause for wiccans, witches, pagans, etc...

God Bless!
SoulSearching

Upvote 0

MinDach

Dec 23, 2003
USA
✟888.00
Faith
Christian
It sad how we are losing our children to this garbage (wiccan ) I had never heard of it before, now I hear so many people talking about it, its a new way to witch craft, they just put a different name on it. What a lost Generation. Now I can see how the End Times come, these children will someday be adults, some of them will be the rulers of this counrty. Christian better start watching our backs, for truly we are in the last days.

Upvote 0

jbarcher

ANE Social Science Researcher
Aug 25, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
✟10,136.00
Faith
Christian
Wicca works so well with postmodern thinking. Works so well with the modern distored notion of 'tolernance', which is seen as mindlessly accepting everything dared at the cost of truth.

And since truth is mocked instead of triumphed and championed, people buy into all kinds of stuff.

Wicca is really like a personal spiritual experience. It's quite similar to "make up your own religion", making up (and writing in your Book of Shadows) you own ethical systems, beliefs, etc, etc.

If you want a summary of it, written by Paul Robertson from Youth For Christ, here's a link, just find the one titled WICCA: http://www.youthunlimitedgta.com/foryu2k-index.html

Upvote 0

daydreamergurl15

Daughter of the King
Dec 11, 2003
✟15,656.00
Faith
Christian
They want us christians to tolerate everything, every sin, every mistake, and every religion but they won't tolerate our beliefs, our bible, or our God. That is such a double standard. People in this world screams hypocrites when christians try and teach something in the bible but they go around and do whatever they like and get approval from everyone else. I can't wait to the end of time, maybe then they will realize that we are not crazy after all.

Upvote 0

bornetobefree

Sister in Christ
Mar 18, 2004
Charlotte, NC
✟7,635.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Politics
US-Republican
MinDach said:
It sad how we are losing our children to this garbage (wiccan ) I had never heard of it before, now I hear so many people talking about it, its a new way to witch craft, they just put a different name on it. What a lost Generation. Now I can see how the End Times come, these children will someday be adults, some of them will be the rulers of this counrty. Christian better start watching our backs, for truly we are in the last days.

Amen! Thank Jesus I found Him bascially in the "nick of time." I was Wiccan for 6 years, and this past December, I turned my heart and eyes to Jesus. I had been so hurt, so torn apart by evil's hand...that my heart felt so worn out. I was at the end of my rope, and there standing holding it, was my Lord and Savior! :cry: :prayer: Young people have no idea what they are getting into when they delve into the Pagan religions. It is such a lonely way to live life. Worshipping dieities that never respond, people calling on thier powers to help them do a will that is not for them to even will...it is just such a corrupting way of life. I feel such regret for straying from the Lord's path for so long, but thankfully, He never took his eyes off me! :cry: Thank you Jesus...thank you! Hallelujah!

Upvote 0

bornetobefree

Sister in Christ
Mar 18, 2004
Charlotte, NC
✟7,635.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Politics
US-Republican
I never, even when I was in this thing called Wicca, did I like Religioustolerance.org. I never saw it as an accurate source of anything that was to be legitamate. It is a very biased website, one that takes an heir of..."la la la...la dee dah...anything goes" kind of bunk. Much like the Pagan movement of today, not just the Wiccan religion side of it. I have also seen it's lack of giving Christianity it's due on the site. It even upset me when I was "Wiccan." I have always firmly belived, if you are going to tell the story about something, especially about a religions history...tell the truth! And God's word...AMEN!...is the truth! Hence why I never go to that site, nor any site that promotes anything like it thereof.

Upvote 0

Crosslight

Stacie Jaye
Nov 24, 2003
Florida
Visit site
✟8,089.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Dear Borntobefree,

I praise the Lord Jesus for holding His hand out to you and delivering you from Wicca, and I praise His testimony in you.

Let us continue to pray for the youth, or whoever might be deceived into going down that path.

Again..
Dear Jesus,
thank you for delivering our dear Borntobefree. Selah

And ... thank you for all the information that is in this post.. I will keep my eyes open

Shalom
stacie

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Which I would imagine is not terribly comforting to those who are expecting a pro-Christian, and particularly a pro-evangelical Christian bias.

Religioustolerance.org is unbiased enough, in fact, that I use it as a primary resource when I need to get readily available information about a particular religion or denomination.

In fact, religioustolerance.org is one of two religiously-oriented websites to which I regularly donate money to help with server costs, web traffic, etc. (christianforums.com being the other one).

I find religioustolerance.org SO helpful, and so informative, that it's on my Toolbar Favorites on both of my web browsers!

Upvote 0

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
daydreamergurl15 said:
They want us christians to tolerate everything, every sin, every mistake, and every religion but they won't tolerate our beliefs, our bible, or our God. That is such a double standard. People in this world screams hypocrites when christians try and teach something in the bible but they go around and do whatever they like and get approval from everyone else. I can't wait to the end of time, maybe then they will realize that we are not crazy after all.

Does religioustolerance.org really tolerate "every sin" -- such as genocide, or incest, or using prisoners or prisoners of war for medical experimentation?

Does religioustolerance come out and say, anywhere on their website, that they don't tolerate the beliefs of Christians, or the Bible, or God?

The Bible teaches, rather unequivocally, that disobedient children are to be stoned to death (Deuteronomy 21:18-21) and that the only way a woman can be saved is through the raising of children (1 Timothy 2:11-15). I don't think you'd find religioustolerance.org advocating either of those two things -- but then again, most Christians I know wouldn't advocate either of those two things, either -- even if these passages ARE part of an inspired Scripture.

You may disagree with things which are found in religioustolerance.org -- and that's your right. That's still very different from stating that religioustolerance.org advocates positions which they very clearly DON'T advocate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Starstreak M86

Atheist Turned Christian
Apr 21, 2004
Visit site
✟8,749.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It seems that the Liberal theological creed is:

Be tolerant to every religion except Christianity; it is inherently evil.

Christianity needs to be reformed, not according to the Word of God, but in a way that Secular Humanistic reason and Rationalistic/Empirical minds decide is the correct interperetation if it wants to be taken seriously.

God can be just a concept or a force in the Universe or all of us (Pantheism/Panentheism), He does not have to be like we think the Bible says, and even with this view we can call ourselves "Christians".

Jesus' miracles and resurrection will have to go, it sounds to novel to be true.

Demons and Angels don't exist, they are creative myths to portray a concept

There is no real "Antichrist" the Antichrist is just a collective Human feeling
Christianity should be open to Liberalistic societal beliefs and New Age beliefs.

Jesus' Second Coming is a myth or was meant spiritually and happened on the Day of Pentecost.

Secular/Humanistic/Existential/Classical ideas are more important the "Just-So-Stories" from the Bible which is nothing more than a collection of Chinese whispers meant to convey a point.

If not.......whoa be unto you non-conformist!

:rolleyes: Yep, that about sums up the growing opinion of religion in the Western world.

Although, some Conservatives can be equally bad. Some Conservative Fundamentalists believe:

Don't question the politics of the GOP! They are not to be questioned, and all leaders of the GOP have the "Divine Right of Kings". Just take our word for it, "We are doing God's work" no questions asked.

If you are Gay, you will automatically go to Hell, no redemption is possible for you...sinner!

There is no such thing as "Christ-sense", we have no free will.

We should listen to Paul and the Old Testament and interperet Jesus' message in a way that conforms to the OT.

Don't give out your money to anyone. Everybody should pull their own weight, and you should safe-guard your money. Forget Jesus talking about poor people. They can help themselves.

Capitalism is the gospel, Socialism is the Devil's work!

You should refrain from association with non-Believers.

Don't be too spiritual in church, being too spiritual is the Devil. Sing solemnly.

Only Conservative politics can be accepted. Jesus' ideals are okay, but not really feasible in real life. Except the views of Machievelli and Adam Smith when it comes to politics, not Jesus' social attitude. It was an example, not we are actually to do.

Only Westerners have the right view of Christ. And only Ultra-Conservatives go to Heaven.

If someone does not accept Christ, tell them they will go to Hell, don't embrace them into your church.

Fundamentalism is the only way to Christ.

:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

emu

Apr 30, 2004
✟7,627.00
Faith
Christian
bornetobefree said:
Amen! Thank Jesus I found Him bascially in the "nick of time." I was Wiccan for 6 years, and this past December, I turned my heart and eyes to Jesus. I had been so hurt, so torn apart by evil's hand...that my heart felt so worn out. I was at the end of my rope, and there standing holding it, was my Lord and Savior! :cry: :prayer: Young people have no idea what they are getting into when they delve into the Pagan religions. It is such a lonely way to live life. Worshipping dieities that never respond, people calling on thier powers to help them do a will that is not for them to even will...it is just such a corrupting way of life. I feel such regret for straying from the Lord's path for so long, but thankfully, He never took his eyes off me! :cry: Thank you Jesus...thank you! Hallelujah!
Wicca is a load of garbage. Its essentially for good but misguided people who haven't found Christ yet.

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟592,518.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
What a crock of dung. Most of the people killed during the Burning times were killed for being 'different' or for owning something another person wanted, land, possessions etc. The majority of the persecution was DONE IN THE NAME OF THE CHURCH!

To insist that this historical fact is a persecution of Christians is a little like a National Socialist claiming that the facts of the Shoah / Great Devouring is in reality a persecution of Nazis everywhere.

kiwimac

Upvote 0

Starstreak M86

Atheist Turned Christian
Apr 21, 2004
Visit site
✟8,749.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Just because it was in the name of the church does not mean that God approved of it or told them to do it.

All of the other persecutions of the church (it was the Catholic church, not the Protestant churches) were against Protestants, not non-Christians really. The Dark Ages was against Christians who were not Catholic.

P.S.
Besides, you are forgetting the Lutheran churches during the Holocaust that protected the Jews. There were some churches that protected Jews from the Nazis. Like in that movie "Schindler's List".

Upvote 0

bubblegirl0101

Jul 10, 2003
✟15,311.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
All of the other persecutions of the church (it was the Catholic church, not the Protestant churches) were against Protestants, not non-Christians really. The Dark Ages was against Christians who were not Catholic.
There has been plenty of persecution of Catholics by Protestants.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.