✟1,087,452.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Facebook
PAKISTAN – Only God can mend this broken heart

442ea279-4ecd-4b65-80b5-7ec4c82ecd5d.jpg
Imagine having to bury two of your children in the space of a month. That’s exactly what a Christian in Lahore has had to do as a result of the bomb blast at Easter.

Saleem’s daughter Annie died from injuries suffered in the attack and last Friday a funeral was held for her sister, Miriam, who died in hospital.

Our contact was able to visit the family’s home and pray, and weep, with them but the reality is they were inconsolable. He said: ‘It was really hard to see Saleem in so much pain. He was crying out and saying “Why has God taken my second daughter away? Why, O God, have you allowed this to happen?” I don’t know how he will recover from this tragedy. Only God can mend this broken heart.’

He adds: ‘We were walking out when someone pointed out another sister, weeping by the dead girl’s bedside. She was pale and looked as if all the energy had been drained out of her. As I walked towards her she got up and I prayed for her for five to six minutes. She just needed to be loved and comforted.

‘I have no words to express how I felt. I didn’t want to leave; how could I leave this family? My heart was breaking.’

Please pray for Saleem and his family, and for the wider Christian community in Lahore as it continues to grieve.

Picture: Family members grieve the death of Miriam and her sister.
Please forward this to Christian friends so that they can pray and act too.