Relationship to Israel

elev8baby

Nov 30, 2007
✟15,165.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know this may be somewhat of a touchy subject. But what isn't these days if it has anything to do with God. I want to speak to both Christians and those who follow Judaism. Brouching this topic opens up the door to many other debates, but I will attempt to focus on this issue and not get too sidetracked. Recently I have had several brief conversations that left me baffled and slightly grieved. One wonderful Christian informed me that there was no point in taking interest in Jewish welfare because they "are sinners just like everyone else." The other believes that there is no reason to show any interest in Israel prophecy, either past or present. What? I want to give a wakeup call to the church. The time is NOW for us to love the Jewish people. Yes they are sinners just like us. Yes they have for the most part rejected their own messiah. Is God through with them? Has he rejected them as a nation? No, I don't think so. We had all better read our bibles again.

Story of the olive tree of faith

Romans 11:17-21 Paul tells the gentiles this, regarding the church's relationship with the Jews
And if some of the branches (Israel) were broken off, and you (gentiles), being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them became a partaker of the root and fatness of the olive tree, do not boast against the branches (the jewish believers) But if you boast remember that you do not support the root, but the root supports you. You will then say, "branches were broken off that I might be grafted in." Well said. Because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand in faith. Do not be haughty, but fear. For if God did not spare the natural branches, He may not spare you either.

The church is not to boast above the branches (Jewish people) In the church's relationship to Israel there must be no lifting up over them, even though the true church is saved and Israel is mostly unsaved. This is a tree of faith, and the roots go back to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. God does not intend for the Church to forget these roots and establish a new tree without roots. Rather the blessings of Abraham's Jewish faith roots have come to believing gentiles, as well as Jews together in the olive tree. Boasting against the broken off branches is a sin against God.

Now read that first verse again and try to take in the fullness of what is being said.

What the scriptures say about Israels future relationship with God

Romans 11:2
God has not cast away His people which he foreknew.

Romans 11:11
Again I ask, did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all! Rather, because of their transgressions, salvation has come to the gentiles to make Israel envious.
But if their transgression means riches for the world, and riches for the gentiles, how much more greater will their fullness bring!

Deut. 32:21 speaking of an unfaithful Israel
They made me jealous by what is no god and angered me with their worthless idols. I will make them envious by those who are not my people.

God is jealous over his people Israel who have been unfaithful to Him. He plans at some future time to provoke Israel to envy with His love for another people. I sure hope that is us!

Romans 11:22-24
Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity: but towards you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off.
And they also, if they do not continue in unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.
After all, if you were cut out of an olive tree that was wild by nature (Gentiles), and grafted into a cultivated olive tree (Jews), how much more readily will these, the natural branches, be grafted into their own tree

Paul states that God is easily able to graft them back in. He uses pretty positive terminology (will be grafted into their own tree) I think God plans on doing just that.
This is combined with a stern warning to us - continue in His goodness, otherwise you will be cut off.
And a reminder of who we are and what our place is in the tree of faith. It seems to be pretty easy for us to start thinking a little too highly of ourselves.
I don't think this means that God loves any one or other of us more or less. I don't really know how God distributes His love, but I know that it is bigger than all of us. I think this is just a reminder of where we are in the political scheme of things, and we need to remember God has a plan. We need to stick to our part in it.

Romans 11:28,29
As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies on your account; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs. For god's gifts and his call are irrevocable.

Did you hear that- irrevocable!

Romans 11:30
Just as you, who were one time disobedient to God, have now received mercy as a result of their disobedience,
so they too have now become disobedient in order that they too, may now receive mercy as a result of God's mercy to you.

There is a message here about the need for mercy, but that is a whole other topic.

So how might this work. We are to provoke them to jealousy by our relationship to God (Deut 32:21), whom they've always thought themselves to have a special relationship with. And their past disobedience has brought God's incredible mercy to us, now somehow God's mercy on us is to bring mercy to the Jewish people.

If the time of Jacobs troubles is nearly upon Israel, I believe now is the time for the church to pour out the love, mercy and compassion on Israel, that will provoke her by jealousy, Israel will see the great favor and close relationship her Christian brothers have with God, and in envy will open her eyes to see who her messiah is and pursue God.

Romans 11:25
For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery (oh good , I love a mystery!) lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the gentiles has come in. And so all of Israel will be saved, as it is written. The Deliverer will come out of Zion, and He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob: for this is my covenant with them, when I take away their sins.

So God has blinded Israel, and we carry the gospel for a time, in turn we are to show Israel God's love.

Micah68

Discerning
Aug 8, 2007
Florida
Visit site
✟9,333.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Amen!

(Romans 11:1) I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, [of] the tribe of Benjamin.

Thing you missed though is that WE, each one of us, God Not wanting any to parish, are all God's people and, yes, this includes the Palestinians as we each have been born in the likeness of God.

Mat 5:9“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called the children 1 of God.
Mar 10:14But when Jesus saw this, he was indignant and said to them, “Let the little children come to me and do not try to stop them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 1
John 3:16 For this is the way ng font face="Galaxie Unicode Greek"ὥστε/font (font face="Greektl"Jwste/font) plus the indicative (which stresses actual, but [usually] unexpected result) emphasizes the greatness of the gift God has given. With this in mind, then, it is likely (3) that John is emphasizing both the idegree/i to which God loved the world as well as the imanner/i in which He chose to express that love. This is in keeping with John’s style of using double entendre or double meaning. Thus, the focus of the Greek construction here is on the inature/i of God\'s love, addressing its mode, intensity, and extent./p ', STICKY, MOUSEOFF, VAUTO);" onmouseout=nd(); href="http://net.bible.org/verse.php?book=John&chapter=3&verse=16">1 God loved the world: He gave his one and only 2 Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish 3 but have eternal life.4

Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Thing you missed though is that WE, each one of us, God Not wanting any to parish, are all God's people and, yes, this includes the Palestinians as we each have been born in the likeness of God.

Mat 5:9“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called the children 1 of God.
Mar 10:14But when Jesus saw this, he was indignant and said to them, “Let the little children come to me and do not try to stop them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 1
John 3:16 For this is the way ng font face="Galaxie Unicode Greek"ὥστε/font (font face="Greektl"Jwste/font) plus the indicative (which stresses actual, but [usually] unexpected result) emphasizes the greatness of the gift God has given. With this in mind, then, it is likely (3) that John is emphasizing both the idegree/i to which God loved the world as well as the imanner/i in which He chose to express that love. This is in keeping with John’s style of using double entendre or double meaning. Thus, the focus of the Greek construction here is on the inature/i of God\'s love, addressing its mode, intensity, and extent./p ', STICKY, MOUSEOFF, VAUTO);" onmouseout=nd(); href="http://net.bible.org/verse.php?book=John&chapter=3&verse=16">1 God loved the world: He gave his one and only 2 Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish 3 but have eternal life.4
:amen: Each person is made in the image and likeness of God (Gen. 1:26-27) and thus retains innate dignity and also grace in belonging to the Mystical Body of Christ (I Cor. 12:12), in which, regardless of race, social condition or gender, all are one, (Gal. 3:28) and therefore, God abides in us and we in him.
Recognizing the innate dignity of each person who belongs to Christ's Mystical Body, we are called to and challenged by our Lord to expand our circle of compassion, to love as our Lord has shown, in word and demonstration, real love. (John 15:12)... through the synthesis of selfless service (John 13:14-15), forgiveness (Mt. 6:14), compassion, giving and a zeal of justice and peace. (Mt. 5:3-13)

Upvote 0

Micah68

Discerning
Aug 8, 2007
Florida
Visit site
✟9,333.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:amen: Each person is made in the image and likeness of God (Gen. 1:26-27) and thus retains innate dignity and also grace in belonging to the Mystical Body of Christ (I Cor. 12:12), in which, regardless of race, social condition or gender, all are one, (Gal. 3:28) and therefore, God abides in us and we in him.
Recognizing the innate dignity of each person who belongs to Christ's Mystical Body, we are called to and challenged by our Lord to expand our circle of compassion, to love as our Lord has shown, in word and demonstration, real love. (John 15:12)... through the synthesis of selfless service (John 13:14-15), forgiveness (Mt. 6:14), compassion, giving and a zeal of justice and peace. (Mt. 5:3-13)

:amen: and beautifully said.

Upvote 0