Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, that’s how it felt. I was safe to bear myself. I didn’t need to hide at all. It was very liberating. I see the wisdom and grace you’re mentioning.

I don’t believe I viewed it that way at the time. You’ve blessed me with this word. Thank you. :)

That's profound, isn't it? The safety of pouring it all out.... (it's also rare to find a friend who "hears" our hearts, and not just our "words").

:)

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
This quote also comes to mind:

"Tell God all that is in your heart, as one unloads one's heart, its pleasures and its pains, to a dear friend. Tell him your troubles, that he may comfort you, tell him your joys that he may sober them, tell him your longings, that he may purify them, tell him your dislikes that he may help you conquer them.

Talk to him of your temptations, that he may shield you from them, show him the wounds of your heart, that he may heal them, lay bare your indifference to good, your depraved tastes for evil, your instability.

Tell him how self-love makes you unjust to others, how vanity tempts you to be insincere, how pride disguises you to yourself and others. If you thus pour out your weaknesses, needs, troubles, there will be no lack of what to say. You will never exhaust the subject. It is continually being renewed. People who have no secrets from each other never want for subject of conversation. They do not weigh their words, for there is nothing to be held back, neither do they seek for something to say. They talk out of the abundance of their heart, without consideration they say just what they think. Blessed are they who attain to such familiar, unreserved intimacy with God." ~Francois Fen'elon

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
That's profound, isn't it? The safety of pouring it all out.... (it's also rare to find a friend who "hears" our hearts, and not just our "words").

I would like to think it isn’t. But I’m beginning to realize it is. I believe he knew my heart. That alleviated offense or discomfort.

Truth was very important to him. He understood human nature and our complexity. Truly knowing another will involve some disquiet. That didn’t bother him at all.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This quote also comes to mind:

"Tell God all that is in your heart,
Very refreshing was this. I recently asked God what it would take to start and sustain continual revival in my own personal life and what you posted was the very first point of obedience He gave me to do. Very good!

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Very refreshing was this. I recently asked God what it would take to start and sustain continual revival in my own personal life and what you posted was the very first point of obedience He gave me to do. Very good!

This is very precious to hear. It was similar for me.

God bless you on your journey with our delightful God.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
May every soul that touches mine—
be it the slightest contact –
Get therefore some good;
Some little grace, one kindly thought;
One aspiration yet unfelt;
One bit of courage
For the darkening sky;
One gleam of faith
To brave the thickening ills of life;
One glimpse of brighter skies
Beyond the gathering mist –
To make their life worthwhile.

George Sand

Last edited:
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Do Marquis De Sade quotes count? (you know the clean ones obviously..)

I remember him saying something along the lines of.. torment is the only path to a woman's heart.. lol.

• Haha
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Do Marquis De Sade quotes count? (you know the clean ones obviously..)

I remember him saying something along the lines of.. torment is the only path to a woman's heart.. lol.

From you of course. ;-)

I’ve been trying to find the source of one that mentions craving the yoke. The words may return to me.

Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
From you of course. ;-)

Lol..

Although, the older I become the more I realize that statement is less and less true. There are a sizeable amount of women who genuinely desire a tender kinder romance. Also I believe there are studies that indicate as women get older they tend to settle down and want a more dependable and gentle type of man.

Still it bugs me when some feminists freak out when some men vent their frustrations that women want "bad boys" and they are met with scorn and generic unhelpful statements like "well maybe you're not a nice guy after all!"

Relationships and desire are complex.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Although, the older I become the more I realize that statement is less and less true. There are a sizeable amount of women who genuinely desire a tender kinder romance.

Sufferance isn’t the path for most. There’s something beyond the ache. An ethereal oneness so to speak. But its entry is a barrier for many. You’d have to crave the emptying and nakedness (transparency) to take that road.

Also I believe there are studies that indicate as women get older they tend to settle down and want a more dependable and gentle type of man.

I am less tolerant of some things and more patient with others. It depends on the person.

Still it bugs me when some feminists freak out when some men vent their frustrations that women want "bad boys" and they are met with scorn and generic unhelpful statements like "well maybe you're not a nice guy after all!"

Relationships and desire are complex.

Some women desire a steeliness in their companion. They don’t want a man they can manipulate and wrap around their fingers. They want the reinforcement of respect and place.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sufferance isn’t the path for most. There’s something beyond the ache. An ethereal oneness so to speak. But its entry is a barrier for many. You’d have to crave the emptying and nakedness (transparency) to take that road.

What do you think the rough ratio would be?

Some women desire a steeliness in their companion. They don’t want a man they can manipulate and wrap around their fingers. They want the reinforcement of respect and place.

I agree most women do not want that. Just that there is a portion of women who want sometihng above and beyond that. A man who is a little more excessive with his steeliness.

I look at relations in terms of biology. Women are more neotenous on average than men, and I think that indicates a psychological neoteny where women tend to want to take on a more "childlike" role and men taking the more "parental role". This can still fall into gentleness and tenderness but it can also delve into harsher territory.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
What do you think the rough ratio would be?

I think a realistic scale is 10-80-10. You’re dealing with the latter tenth. Sufferance and internalization are kinsmen. You can’t have the former without it. In Christian circles mystics often fall in that group. Your tag bears witness to this.

They don’t view the discomfort under the same auspices as the majority. Its transformative. The becoming is their drive. They want to reach a better state.

Thus, (I) suffer in deference to...

I think that indicates a psychological neoteny where women tend to want to take on a more "childlike" role and men taking the more "parental role". This can still fall into gentleness and tenderness but it can also delve into harsher territory.

Acknowledging ones desire for caretaking of that degree requires an honest embrace of vulnerability and recalibration on the merits of weakness.

Many enter the union with years of mental bombardment regarding strength. They can grow attached to the ideal and define themselves from that perspective.

Weakness isn’t a declaration of lack. Its proportion is measured against the other. When she forsakes the masks and rests in the core of her person the term is no longer threatening. She encounters the genteel beauty of its meaning.

His protection and nurturing aren’t meted due to incapacity. It’s a declaration of care and reinforcement of his need to provide for her welfare. Both are operating in their natural state.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think a realistic scale is 10-80-10. You’re dealing with the latter tenth.

Hmm.. you think its more like a bell curve? I guess as someone on the extreme end its hard for me not to have black and white thinking. Honestly the bell curve scares me. I've met many women who seemed somewhat compatible.. yet were not.

Sufferance and internalization are kinsmen. You can’t have the former without it. In Christian circles mystics often fall in that group. Your tag bears witness to this.

Nice to see someone else acknowledge this.

Acknowledging ones desire for caretaking of that degree requires an honest embrace of vulnerability and recalibration on the merits of weakness.

Many enter the union with years of mental bombardment regarding strength. They can grow attached to the ideal and define themselves from that perspective.

Weakness isn’t a declaration of lack. Its proportion is measured against the other. When she forsakes the masks and rests in the core of her person the term is no longer threatening. She encounters the genteel beauty of its meaning.

His protection and nurturing aren’t meted due to incapacity. It’s a declaration of care and reinforcement of his need to provide for her welfare. Both are operating in their natural state.

I can see how feminism can damage many people's potential when it comes to fulfilling relationships. While they preach strength for women, they still seem to want men to exhibit their same old roles. Tending to females and their safe spaces, and demanding that we be increasingly more protective over them.

Some people deride feminism as women wanting to be more like men, but there is also a very feminine psychology behind it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hmm.. you think its more like a bell curve? I guess as someone on the extreme end its hard for me not to have black and white thinking. Honestly the bell curve scares me. I've met many women who seemed somewhat compatible.. yet were not.

Are all this or that? Don’t you encounter varying degrees? Why does it scare you? It should inform your selections.

You are picking from the wrong sandbox. What business have I with a man incapable of leading? I am too surrendered in my person for him. Understand? ;-)

Nice to see someone else acknowledge this.

Takes one to know one. ~lol

Tending to females and their safe spaces, and demanding that we be increasingly more protective over them.

They’re too exhausting! Can’t a girl just be pretty and pleasing? My word. ~grins

Some people deride feminism as women wanting to be more like men, but there is also a very feminine psychology behind it.

I’ve talked to my share. I’m trying to be more tolerant. I was fashioned to operate from this perspective. It isn’t ideal for most.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
9EE8DE1F-8D59-429B-AD21-3F8986065FAC.jpeg

Upvote 0