• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Relationship OCD

Birdie147

May 30, 2023
Oklahoma
✟9,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have other subtypes of OCD - I've had health OCD, scrupulocity, and others in the past. Struggled most of my life with it but have just recently understood what it was. That said, I am in a new relationship with this guy and I am terrified that God is telling me to break up with him. To the point that I don't pray because I'm afraid of God speaking to me or impressing on me that He wants me to break up. The thing is, I've been on the receiving end of that about 6 years ago when my fiance left me suddenly because he felt that God told him I wasn't the one for him. So I don't know if this is the trauma causing me to feel this way or if God really wants me to give up my relationship. I love this guy so much and feel sick at just the thought of not having him. Can someone help?

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is a very common type of OCD - ROCD, or relationship OCD! One of my first recommendations is to join the Facebook support group "Christianity and Anxiety Disorders," because I know there are others on there who have had the exact same struggles, and they may be able to offer some good advice. (I've never personally struggled with this theme, though I have had many others!)

Upvote 0