Sep 25, 2016
Now I know
✟8,332.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Jesus became sin. You do know that?

2nd Cor 5:21 For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
Yes, so did he feel or think like sinning. Because how else could he be tempted/tested

You tell me.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, so did he feel or think like sinning. Because how else could he be tempted/tested

You tell me.

That's the whole point...and you question it. Jesus NEVER sinned....that's why Jesus could be the innocent atoning sacrifice.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This situation

That I'm trying to understand the human experience Jesus underwent for him to understand my sin.

And you are giving me rudimentary Christian answers.
OK. Lets start here...Jesus is God incarnate. Does God not understand your sin?
....and as I posted earlier Jesus became sin.

Upvote 0

believeume

NQR in the head.
Sep 25, 2016
Now I know
✟8,332.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
OK. Lets start here...Jesus is God incarnate. Does God not understand your sin?
....and as I posted earlier Jesus became sin.
In what way did he become sin, did he become the worst of sinners?

Let me get this right in my head.

Jesus never sinned right? But he became sin.

So on what level did Jesus interact with the processes of sin nature for him to understand sin and sinners.

Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟384,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Heb 4:14-15
14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast ourprofession.

15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Your OP misunderstands the phrase "in all points tempted". It doesn't mean he was tempted by every sin that mankind indulges, but that He was tempted at every point throughout His life, and that he was tempted just like we are.

To answer your real question, though... Jesus felt the pull of sin, and perhaps had thoughts of sinning cross His mind, but He never gave in to sin and He never indulged in fantasizing about doing sin.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In what way did he become sin, did he become the worst of sinners?

Let me get this right in my head.

Jesus never sinned right? But he became sin.

So on what level did Jesus interact with the processes of sin nature for him to understand sin and sinners.

He became sin to a level that God the Father turned His back on Jesus.

IMPUTATION.....our sins were imputated to Jesus.

Upvote 0

ravindraneee

Aug 25, 2013
New Jersey, USA
✟15,818.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How can Jesus relate to us poor sinners if he never sinned. He was only tempted at every point (Even tempted to Rape? Murder? Steal? Lie? What about Molesting children? Was he tempted into that, what about eating Human flesh? That's another sin he would have to be tempted in)

But temptation is not the same as sinning itself, so how does Jesus know how to save someone from sin if he never sinned. One could argue "That he can know because he didn't sin, when he was tempted."

But then Jesus still had to be tempted (But what does that mean to be tempted and not sin)

Is it to feel like sinning?
Or
Is it to think like sinning?

Does that mean Jesus felt or thought about sinning?
Jesus was tempted. That is, satan attempted to test Jesus. Temptation is the strong urge to do something. Being tempted would be an external force trying to test a person. Trying to urge the person to do something. A being tempted would not mean that the person at receiving end is having a strong urge. So Jesus never sinned and did not have a strong urge to sin as well.

• Agree
Reactions: CodyFaith
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

believeume

NQR in the head.
Sep 25, 2016
Now I know
✟8,332.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Jesus was tempted. That is, satan attempted to test Jesus. Temptation is the strong urge to do something. Being tempted would be an external force trying to test a person. Trying to urge the person to do something. A being tempted would not mean that the person at receiving end is having a strong urge. So Jesus never sinned and did not have a strong urge to sin as well.
No I understand he never acted on the urge, but he was urged

Is that what you're saying.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Let me ask a hypothetical question. Was Jesus ever tempted by homosexuality? Think before you answer

Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Even being tempted in the way your describing is sinful. You can't be tempted(desire) to be a homosexual without even those thoughts being sinful, because that implies you have some form of desire to be a homosexual.

Jesus didn't and doesn't have sinful desires.

What it meant by tempted, is that he was presented with different opportunities to sin by an outside force. It means a test, to test. For example, when Satan showed Jesus all the kingdoms, Satan's presentation was Satan's tempting Jesus. Tempting in this sense doesn't mean like, when a person dangles a chocolate bar in front of a person on a diet, it means testing with a choice of one or the other.

Thus Satan tempted Jesus to sin (not that Jesus was tempted(desired) to sin, but was tested by Satan), but he did not sin.

Incase you say I'm making this up, replace the word tempt with test in all the verses in the Bible that use tempt. You'll see what I'm saying.

Last edited:
Reactions: ravindraneee
Upvote 0

believeume

NQR in the head.
Sep 25, 2016
Now I know
✟8,332.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Even being tempted in the way your describing is sinful. You can't be tempted(desire) to be a homosexual without even those thoughts being sinful, because that implies you have some form of desire to be a homosexual.

What it meant by tempted, is that he was presented with different opportunities to sin by an outside force. It means a test, to test. For example, when Satan showed Jesus all the kingdoms, Satan's presentation was Satan's tempting Jesus. Tempting in this sense doesn't mean like, when a person dangles a chocolate bar in front of a person on a diet, it means testing with a choice of one or the other.

Thus Satan tempted Jesus to sin (not that Jesus was tempted(desired) to sin, but was tested by Satan), but he did not sin.

Incase you say I'm making this up, replace the word tempt with test in all the verses in the Bible that use tempt. You'll see what I'm saying.
Outside forces, yeah ok. But didn't Jesus know what were those outside forces by some internal gauge?

Super dooper post by the way five stars *****

Upvote 0

believeume

NQR in the head.
Sep 25, 2016
Now I know
✟8,332.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
He became sin to a level that God the Father turned His back on Jesus.

IMPUTATION.....our sins were imputated to Jesus.
Jesus turned his back on Jesus, I do that to myself all the time.

It's called shooting yourself in the foot.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ravindraneee

Aug 25, 2013
New Jersey, USA
✟15,818.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No I understand he never acted on the urge, but he was urged

Is that what you're saying.
I think poster after be mentioned much better than me. Jesus did not have urge to sin also. Satan tried. Tested. Jesus did not have the urge

Upvote 0

ravindraneee

Aug 25, 2013
New Jersey, USA
✟15,818.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Very nicely said! [emoji4]

Upvote 0

believeume

NQR in the head.
Sep 25, 2016
Now I know
✟8,332.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I think poster after be mentioned much better than me. Jesus did not have urge to sin also. Satan tried. Tested. Jesus did not have the urge
So Jesus didn't feel the weight of sin pounding on him, so what did he feel and think concerning sin.

Upvote 0