Baden-Baden in the Black Forest, Germany
✟96,359.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Will I be unwelcome if I point out a third error? :) WIne is neither sweet nor dry by nature. It is made sweet or dry or something in between primarily based on how ripe the grapes are when harvested.

So it isn't in the wine cellar where sweetness levels are determined (though I would believe there is some impact), it is primarily in the vineyards themselves. When talking about a category such as Riesling there is also dependance on the region where the grapes are grown, as the different soil and climate characteristics also impact both ripening timeframes and some of the chemical makeups of the grapes.
sorry but you are wrong there and i am now too tired to explain again and again.
all my ancestors in luding my patents were winegrowers. Perhaps you can believe that i know what i am talking about

Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟452,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
sorry but you are wrong there and i am now too tired to explain again and again.
all my ancestors in luding my patents were winegrowers. Perhaps you can believe that i know what i am talking about
OK, I'll believe you that it can also be influenced in the cellar.

Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟452,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I realized my message could be read a bit dismissively. If it sounded that way, I apologize; that was not my intent and I meant it to be taken at face value. Clearly I don’t have the background you do, so being dismissive would be foolish. My prior impression came from speaking regularly (a few times a month) with people who are muscadine winegrowers. They have told me about how they vary sweetness of their particular wines by harvesting their grapes at different times. Your information made me curious so I will ask them if they also do anything in the cellar to influence sweetness.

Upvote 0