Reilly's CCXXXXIII: A Home Away From Home.

Dec 5, 2004
Brisbane
✟22,840.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Labor
One year between holidays is too long especially if you have been unwell. Have you got any holidays owing that you can take?
I have holidays owing but I'm booked for end of next month..
I've been unwell for years... I rarely get sick but have been mentally Ill for years

Upvote 0

Tawny

Senior Contributor
Feb 21, 2005
Buckinghamshire,UK
✟21,448.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Engaged
No I'm having a fine day... I had a bit of an off day yesterday... Let the old me slip out for a little while and may have hurt people..

I am sorry to hear that, I am sure you will not have hurt people as badly as you think.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,304,252.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I'd love to have a roast - but for one person it's just not possible - far too expensive and small roasts are proportionately ghastly expensive.

I buy my meat , mainly online when the Firm has bargain offers and their steaks , though individually packed are so big that one will give me 2 meals so instead of a box giving me 16 portions it often gives me about 24-30 so to me it's economic. It's all pre-frozen and sent by courier packed in dry ice .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Starlightsobright

Jesus is Love
Aug 2, 2011
✟22,280.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You know me too well...^_^

I never had that combination before. Sounds interesting. Do you have a sauce with it..?

I did not know you can't or won't cook.^_^

My husband lives for cooking. If he does a Sunday roast he usually makes one for the Monday night too.

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,304,252.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
NOpe - no sauce . I cut the sausages into wee slices so they will cook quickly [ pan fried ]

and the rice usually has some veggies thrown in with it - and there's a bottle of beer beside my plate - that's sauce enough

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,304,252.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Thought this RANT would appeal - I got it in earlier

Dear The New Boss,

You really are taking the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse].

I'm stressed out because:
* tomorrow is report day;
* some still haven't been written; and
* a few people (mostly you) have been circulating reports as attachments rather than sharing links to the documents on the network. This is how multiple versions enter the work flow.

As usual, you strolled in at 09:30 and will probably leave soon after 17:00. So much for a full day's work. But wait, it gets even better. You disappeared for close to an hour for lunch (we have 30 minutes, but employer is flexible) but have just come back and sat down to eat! [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] have you been doing the last hour? Come to think of it, you do this nearly every day.

You work short days, take 90 minute lunches, spend ages rolling cigarettes. Then you focus on pointless things, like reviewing someone's draft of a new report template. There are reports to sort out NOW, and you still have minutes to write up from a meeting last week, so why are you wasting time on 'fixing' something that's not broken?!?

Here's hoping you fail your probationary period.

Poor guy - he won't be leaving the Office till about 7 - something just HAVE to be done today

Upvote 0