Faithful Love

Jesus is Love and He is Faithful
May 22, 2008
✟8,551.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Learning to reign is a process, not a quick fix. You have to grow up. If you’re a baby Christian and you have just been saved, take your time. But for the rest of us that have been saved for a long time, how long are we going to stay children?

There are some things God won’t do for us. We have to get up and do them for ourselves. For example, when the angel awakened Peter to let him out of jail the angel didn’t tie Peter’s sandals. Peter had to do that himself. The angel opened the door, but Peter had to walk out and go tell those who were praying that their prayers had been answered.

God isn’t going to do everything for you either. He will open the door, and when you are obedient to walk through it He will anoint you, but you are still going to have to walk through that door yourself and go tell others about the new truth and freedom you are experiencing!

We’ll go up when the time comes, but right now we need to spend all of our time and effort trying to grow up. We must become good fathers, good mothers, good husbands, good wives, good sons and daughters, good employees and good friends.

Then, as we are faithful in both the natural things and the spiritual things, God will not withhold anything from us. We will have been trained and be ready to reign!

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]TODAY'S PRAYER: [/FONT]
Lord, I want to reign with You. Help me to become spiritually mature by walking in faithful obedience.

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So by the work of being good in ones owen mind one will get to a higher state in God?
Sorry I'll stay with grace.
Amen! It all comes by grace.:thumbsup:

Romans 5:17
For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, Lord, thank You for your grace to DO your will and work and to OBEY your commands!

Thank You, Lord, that You give me grace to not sit around on my bupkis waiting for You to bring me bonbons, but to be about Your business!

You even need grace and mercy to get off your bobbons!^_^:D

Romans 9:16
It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy.

Sounds different than your op.

Hebrews 4:16
Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

See,there is the throne of grace for a reason..;)

Your friendly neighborhood pinetree:wave:.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟164,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, Lord, thank You for your grace to DO your will and work and to OBEY your commands!

Thank You, Lord, that You give me grace to not sit around on my bupkis waiting for You to bring me bonbons, but to be about Your business!

Yep, Paul rushed right out there and was about the work of The Lord, not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
2 Peter 3:18
But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.

I thought maturity was growing in grace,seeing just how weak we really are.

His power is perfected in weakness.

2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Reactions: KleinerApfel
Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The really wonderful thing about growing is - it happens!

When did you last see a mother telling her baby, "Grow, grow, you have to grow, come on, be quick and GROW!"?

If all is well - the child is loved, fed, given the room to move and stretch, the encouragement to practice etc., then he grows.

If he isn't growing, take him to the doctor, but don't sit and tell him to grow - it's simply not under his control!
Infants that receive minimal handling, lack of human touch and affection, failt to thrive and become prone to disease, even death. Love makes them grow.

As in the natural realm, so in the spiritual, all who are born again will grow. Some babies start out fatter, some grow faster, some have huge growth spurts then times when you don't have to buy new shoes for several months, but all grow.

God's kids do grow, and our litttle part is to be a loving part of that process for each other.
Meanwhile, pointing out to a "slow starter" that he isn't as "big" as his buddy is not going to acheive anything good.

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The really wonderful thing about growing is - it happens!

When did you last see a mother telling her baby, "Grow, grow, you have to grow, come on, be quick and GROW!"?

If all is well - the child is loved, fed, given the room to move and stretch, the encouragement to practice etc., then he grows.

If he isn't growing, take him to the doctor, but don't sit and tell him to grow - it's simply not under his control!
Infants that receive minimal handling, lack of human touch and affection, failt to thrive and become prone to disease, even death. Love makes them grow.

As in the natural realm, so in the spiritual, all who are born again will grow. Some babies start out fatter, some grow faster, some have huge growth spurts then times when you don't have to buy new shoes for several months, but all grow.

God's kids do grow, and our litttle part is to be a loving part of that process for each other.
Meanwhile, pointing out to a "slow starter" that he isn't as "big" as his buddy is not going to acheive anything good.
:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Learning to reign is a process, not a quick fix. You have to grow up. If you’re a baby Christian and you have just been saved, take your time. But for the rest of us that have been saved for a long time, how long are we going to stay children?

There are some things God won’t do for us. We have to get up and do them for ourselves. For example, when the angel awakened Peter to let him out of jail the angel didn’t tie Peter’s sandals. Peter had to do that himself. The angel opened the door, but Peter had to walk out and go tell those who were praying that their prayers had been answered.

God isn’t going to do everything for you either. He will open the door, and when you are obedient to walk through it He will anoint you, but you are still going to have to walk through that door yourself and go tell others about the new truth and freedom you are experiencing!

We’ll go up when the time comes, but right now we need to spend all of our time and effort trying to grow up. We must become good fathers, good mothers, good husbands, good wives, good sons and daughters, good employees and good friends.

Then, as we are faithful in both the natural things and the spiritual things, God will not withhold anything from us. We will have been trained and be ready to reign!

Lord, I want to reign with You. Help me to become spiritually mature by walking in faithful obedience.

Reign and rule over what? May I ask where this doctrine that we are to “reign” and “rule” in this life come from? Can you provide scripture?

~Jim
The Bible is so simple you have to have help to misunderstand it.

Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Good Post. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Reign and rule over what? May I ask where this doctrine that we are to “reign” and “rule” in this life come from? Can you provide scripture?

~Jim

The Bible is so simple you have to have help to misunderstand it.
if I am not mistaken,I think some mean it as total perfect health,and the best houses and cars..;)

Poor third world Christians,I guess they cant reign..

Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
if I am not mistaken,I think some mean it as total perfect health,and the best houses and cars..;)

Poor third world Christians,I guess they cant reign..

Most third world countries use bicycles and motorcycles.

They would have nice bicycles and motorcycles.

In those that have neither bicycles or motorcycles then nice donkeys.:)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.