Regifting and Regifters

Do you regift?

• yes

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • no

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • If you do do you feel guilty?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • If you do do you tell them it is a regift?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I'd like to hear your opinions of giving a gift you have received to someone else and how you would feel if someone you gave a gift too gave it to someone else.
I didn't really ever have an opinion of it over the years. Never partook before or now but found out recently that a friend I had given many gifts to had been regifting them.
I know that it is the thought that counts and we shouldn't question what is done with the gift once it is given. But having been the victim of it I now consider it a deceitful thing to do. The regifter takes the glory and the thanks and the credit and the thought behind the gift giving it to another. Or do they say "oh by the way I can't take the credit for this gift or the thought behind it, it came from a friend that chose it particularly for me but I think little of it so here you go."

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,852.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I don't regift because the gift isn't mine to pass on. The spiritual gifts are given to the body of Christ, and believers are permitted to use them as the Holy Spirit wills. Therefore none of us can claim ownership of any gift of the Spirit. They belong to the Holy Spirit and He manifests them through believers as they fellowship and worship together when they meet.

So, in my opinion, some who claims to 'regift' to another person may be passing on something from another spirit and might be causing more harm than good.

Upvote 0

GaveMeJoy

Nov 28, 2019
San diego
✟41,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
If i get a regift, I don’t care if I like the gift. If someone regifts what I gave them it means they didn’t want it, which is far more preferable than them keeping it even if they didn’t want it. What is the alternative? Putting in the garage or throwing it out?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I wouldn't reject a gift given to me. That would be rude.
I wouldn't sell a gift that was given to me.
I wouldn't throw away an unwanted gift that was given to me.

What other options am I left with?

I would give it to someone who would appreciate it, or use it, even if it was to charity.

On the same token, I would hope that the fruit of my hands won't be wasted. I trust those whom to I would give gifts, to put my work to good use, as they see fit.

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't regift because the gift isn't mine to pass on. The spiritual gifts are given to the body of Christ, and believers are permitted to use them as the Holy Spirit wills. Therefore none of us can claim ownership of any gift of the Spirit. They belong to the Holy Spirit and He manifests them through believers as they fellowship and worship together when they meet.

So, in my opinion, some who claims to 'regift' to another person may be passing on something from another spirit and might be causing more harm than good.
I hadn't thought of that. Perhaps she was concerned with the spirit I might be giving her that she would want to get rid of by passing it on.
Gods blessings to you:)

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
The thought has never occurred to me to pass it on for any reason. That's probably why I have so much stuff, lol. But seriously, I wouldn't because I know how much it would hurt the giver. In most cases..

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
if someone you gave a gift too gave it to someone else.
It is very difficult to keep an item in new condition. Once you receive a gift it becomes used. I would never give something used as a gift. Of course I give things away all the time. The more we give the more we seem to have. I look at pictures of my house today compared to 15 years ago and think it sure is cluttered now compared to then. Usually I ask someone if they want something before I give it away to them. So they have no obligation to take something they do not want. One example is I like to make little refrigerator magnets. People are welcome to take whatever they want. They usually get all the nice ones. But it is very easy to make more of them. I just super glue a magnet on the back of something like a button or whatever. I am told candles make a nice gift. People are always asking me if I have any sort of a candle to give them. I like to do crystal jewelry in January and February to brighten things up. One year I bought a lot of crystal beads and we had bracelet making parties. It was lot of fun although a lot was stolen. It is not unusual for people to get greedy and want to grab a lot more then you are wanting to give them. So we just hide the good stuff from them so they do not see it and are not tempted to take it.

320474_b46141d56d27a211d19d5c7a36a8debd.jpg

Attachments

• 84008473_2760691957342871_2026201365063139328_o.jpg
    84008473_2760691957342871_2026201365063139328_o.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 3
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums