Adelaide
✟15,862.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've been getting sleep paralysis quite frequently recently. It feels like something's pushing down on me, especially on my abdomen and I also feel like getting pulled out of my body. I also can't move. It's overall a really uncomfortable and tiring experience, but interestingly I don't feel fear. I usually get around five to ten sets of these a night. They usually go away when I say Jesus but they're taking longer to get rid of these days. I would really appreciate if you guys gave me some tips on getting rid of sleep paralysis.
Last night, I experienced sleep paralysis and had a pretty interesting(?) experience. I had my mini bible on my stomach but my sleep paralysis was pretty bad.(I usually don't get them when I have the bible with me) I tried saying Jesus and God and asked for help. It worked for the first few sets but then I couldn't speak (it felt like my neck was being pushed). I didn't know what to do so I asked Archangel Michael for help and it went away! I had a few more sets but they went away pretty quickly. The interesting thing is this- just before getting rid of my last set of sleep paralysis, I felt a soft gush of wind on my face. I was a bit scared at this point so I kept my eyes shut but the immediate thought that came to me was that it was the archangel Michael. Could this have really been the archangel Michael?

Christ is Lord

Aug 27, 2019
Top Secret
✟27,506.00
Country
Virgin Islands, British
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Could this have really been the archangel Michael?

I can’t know for sure. However, I’m leaning more than likely it wasn’t Michael and just a hallucination. Technically, everyone experiences sleep paralysis every night. What you’re experiencing that is that you happened to wake up during this paralysis. There isn’t anything to worry about in sleep paralysis, I get them fairly often to the point it’s a norm for me.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I've been getting sleep paralysis quite frequently recently. It feels like something's pushing down on me, especially on my abdomen and I also feel like getting pulled out of my body. I also can't move. It's overall a really uncomfortable and tiring experience, but interestingly I don't feel fear. I usually get around five to ten sets of these a night. They usually go away when I say Jesus but they're taking longer to get rid of these days. I would really appreciate if you guys gave me some tips on getting rid of sleep paralysis.
Last night, I experienced sleep paralysis and had a pretty interesting(?) experience. I had my mini bible on my stomach but my sleep paralysis was pretty bad.(I usually don't get them when I have the bible with me) I tried saying Jesus and God and asked for help. It worked for the first few sets but then I couldn't speak (it felt like my neck was being pushed). I didn't know what to do so I asked Archangel Michael for help and it went away! I had a few more sets but they went away pretty quickly. The interesting thing is this- just before getting rid of my last set of sleep paralysis, I felt a soft gush of wind on my face. I was a bit scared at this point so I kept my eyes shut but the immediate thought that came to me was that it was the archangel Michael. Could this have really been the archangel Michael?
As long as it's as you say, I agree with blackribbon. See a doctor.

Upvote 0

Cristo Rei

Sep 2, 2019
Toronto
✟16,687.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
TaylorGrace. Sleep paralysis sounds frightening. Our bodies go into a paralyzed state when we sleep so that our bodies don't act out our dreams. With sleep paralysis the body is asleep while the mind is conscious. Do u hallucinate during one of these episodes? A person can hallucinate through sight, sound, smell and feel. A lot of times people are still seeing parts of their dreams occurring in their bedrooms. Worse case scenario is being paralyzed while witnessing terrifying images in your room.

The doctor will put u on some medication that has really bad side effects. It may help, it may do nothing or it may make it worse, it may give u a different mental issue. If it doesn't help they will try something else. It's very much a guessing game.

Before that I would speak to a priest about it and get your room/house blessed.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
TaylorGrace. Sleep paralysis sounds frightening. Our bodies go into a paralyzed state when we sleep so that our bodies don't act out our dreams. With sleep paralysis the body is asleep while the mind is conscious. Do u hallucinate during one of these episodes? A person can hallucinate through sight, sound, smell and feel. A lot of times people are still seeing parts of their dreams occurring in their bedrooms. Worse case scenario is being paralyzed while witnessing terrifying images in your room.

The doctor will put u on some medication that has really bad side effects. It may help, it may do nothing or it may make it worse, it may give u a different mental issue. If it doesn't help they will try something else. It's very much a guessing game.

The side effects of any medication can vary between people. It is possible to get zero side effects even if someone else gets a lot. Because a side effect is listed, does not mean you will get it and that is why these meds are given with a doctor's prescription and are monitored. I don't know any thing specific about any of the meds given for narcolepsy, but that is why you see a doctor and work with him/her. This is not something experienced by the grand majority of people. It is not "normal".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TaylorGrace

Jan 19, 2019
Adelaide
✟15,862.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In terms of tips I would recommend taking it like a wave at the beach. Meaning you simply ride the wave without panicking and it will go away. That’s what I do. I think to myself, “Huh, I woke up during this again”.
Thanks for the tip :)
I'll make sure to try it when they happen again.

Upvote 0

TaylorGrace

Jan 19, 2019
Adelaide
✟15,862.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Thanks for the reply :)

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the suggestion
I've had some sleep paralysis years ago that involved evil spirits and some that evolved from anxiety. The evil ones involved demons which yours doesn't sound like. A doctor should be able to help you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums