Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Go read Matthew 25. When I think of refugees, I think of the "least of these" that our Lord spoke of. If we who have the capacity to help those who are hurting and suffering and fleeing brutality and war, choose to refuse to help them, then we are most certainly not following Christ.

I think its better to suffer for doing good, than to enjoy a false sense of security for having done evil.

Upvote 0

Korah

Anglican Lutheran
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
California
✟47,348.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are seven billion non-Americans in the world, most of whom want to come here.
We KNOW we can't handle that.
Take a refugee into YOUR home if you feel such need to be Christian.
It is un-Christian to lend our voices towards imposing that impossible burden on our fellow citizens.
"Grow where you are planted."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

graceandpeace

Episcopalian
Sep 12, 2013
✟22,175.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I think it would be difficult to ask any one nation to "do it all," but nations working together to do good - such as welcoming refugees - can accomplish much. So, yes, I think the US can & should do good, by taking in however many refugees is possible in light of our ability & available resources.

Reactions: Kalevalatar
Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟823,917.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had a talk with a friend who disagreed with me regarding the refugees story. She thinks its a christian duty to allow them in but I said that we need to use wisdom even though evangelization is possible. But what do you guys think?

A combination of hardheaded realism and Christian Compassion is required here. Hard on criminals and high standards for economic refugees and compassion for genuine victims and asylum seekers and especially for Christians fleeing Muslim persecution.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Go read Matthew 25. When I think of refugees, I think of the "least of these" that our Lord spoke of. If we who have the capacity to help those who are hurting and suffering and fleeing brutality and war, choose to refuse to help them, then we are most certainly not following Christ.

I think its better to suffer for doing good, than to enjoy a false sense of security for having done evil.

I vote for balance. I have no problem with refugees in general - most of our families left their home countries.

Many will want to return to their home country after the chaos has ended - who can blame them there. Trying to find a system in place that helps them live in dignity and peace until the chaos as ended? That's the hard part that no one can agree on.

I also feel we need to learn to vet families, because despite what some feel about the subject there will be some with evil intent. You may NEVER be able to guarantee anything 100%, but efforts to lesson tragic circumstances for others shouldn't be unrealistic either.

Those that don't wish to return to their home country? They need help with the culture shock. Belief systems are drastically different, and that will cause confusion and conflict. Plans on how to handle that? Sadly, to many times we have a fly by the seat of our pants approach. That harms everyone.

They also need to plan on how to deal with these families trauma and PTSD. These families will be in great need of many resources, and just thinking they will be absorbed somehow? It's irresponsible for the families and society at large.

Learning the language is going to hard, but in majority of cases being successful in your new country relies on that. Integration within cultures goes both ways, and that doesn't mean you have to throw your whole culture out the window...but in some ways you must adapt.

My aunt and uncle were missionaries, and they didn't go into a culture and expect that culture to adapt to them and their 'american' ways. That's NOT to say they didn't hold on to parts of their own culture, but the majority of the ways they lived changed with the place they lived.

Just because people wish to use caution, and have a plan in place doesn't mean they 'refuse to help them'. I can't imagine living in a place where bombs are going off all the time, and armies of WHO knows WHO are coming into your towns or villages with unknown motive.

To many governments across this globe are responsible for the chaos, fear, confusion, and conflict - regarding the war zone and migrants flowing in for safety. They aren't worth their position if they didn't see this coming, because you didn't have to be a government official to see it. There was no plan for execution of shelter, food, medical, or anything else. Poor management on this issue is a understatement.

Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There are seven billion non-Americans in the world, most of whom want to come here.
We KNOW we can't handle that.
Take a refugee into YOUR home if you feel such need to be Christian.
It is un-Christian to lend our voices towards imposing that impossible burden on our fellow citizens.
"Grow where you are planted."
Our "nation" hold responsibility for a disproportionate share of the problem.

Reactions: Kalevalatar
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GeorgiaGuyinAtlanta

Mar 13, 2006
Atlanta, Georgia Metropolitan Area, U.S.A.
✟15,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some of you are really not thinking critically.

Islam is a threat to any non-Islamic country that takes them in.

Their ultimate goal is to take over by sheer numbers through outbreeding.

If you allow these people in, you're essentially wiping out Christian nations, by an large. How is that a Godly thing to do?

As it stands, Germany won't last more than two or three generations. The Muslim "refugees" will simply outbreed the Germans and take over, culturally and politically. The UK, Sweden, and France are not far behind.

Most of these "refugees" are young men in their prime.

Syrian_refugees_strike_in_front_of_Budapest_Keleti_railway_station._Refugee_crisis._Budapest,_Hungary,_Central_Europe,_3_September_2015.jpg

Oh yeah, "refugees". Realistically, this is an invasion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Some of you are really not thinking critically.

Islam is a threat to any non-Islamic country that takes them in.

Their ultimate goal is to take over by sheer numbers through outbreeding.

If you allow these people in, you're essentially wiping out Christian nations, by an large. How is that a Godly thing to do?

As it stands, Germany won't last more than two or three generations. The Muslim "refugees" will simply outbreed the Germans and take over, culturally and politically. The UK, Sweden, and France are not far behind.

Most of these "refugees" are young men in their prime.

Syrian_refugees_strike_in_front_of_Budapest_Keleti_railway_station._Refugee_crisis._Budapest,_Hungary,_Central_Europe,_3_September_2015.jpg

Oh yeah, "refugees". Realistically, this is an invasion.
One problem, there are no Christian nations.

Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Maybe so, but there are plenty of non-Islamic nations that can be (and are being) ruined by Islamic immigration.
How do you qualify ruined? Is that like white people are not in control of everything or what?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kalevalatar

Supisuomalainen sisupussi
Jul 5, 2005
Pohjola
✟20,327.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, I do think it's our Christian duty and the Bible is clear on that. I'd rather let that one "bad guy" in than to keep the 99 fleeing war, death, oppression, hunger out. I'd rather have 9 pairs of shoes instead of 10 than have someone else have none. That's called love. Matthew 10:28. And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Fear and greed are just not good enough reasons for a Christian to turn their fellow people away.

My mom's a war refugee. My country of 3.5 million people could and did welcome 500,000 refugees in a matter or weeks and months and still built the greatest country and most decent society on earth. So no excuses.

Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Which nation were you fighting for?
The aggressive one, protecting their oil interests. Our commander in chief W had the greater good of the corporate world in mind. Why, who did you think I was fighting for. It was that war and the associated fallout that converted me from flag waving, American exceptionalism believing moron to a non-statist critical thinker. I guess I would more correctly say it was the catalyst for that change.

Upvote 0

GeorgiaGuyinAtlanta

Mar 13, 2006
Atlanta, Georgia Metropolitan Area, U.S.A.
✟15,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I do think it's our Christian duty and the Bible is clear on that. I'd rather let that one "bad guy" in than to keep the 99 fleeing war, death, oppression, hunger out. I'd rather have 9 pairs of shoes instead of 10 than have someone else have none. That's called love. Matthew 10:28. And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Fear and greed are just not good enough reasons for a Christian to turn their fellow people away.

My mom's a war refugee. My country of 3.5 million people could and did welcome 500,000 refugees in a matter or weeks and months and still built the greatest country and most decent society on earth. So no excuses.

You can't assimilate Islam. It is a satanic religion. Why are you in favor of bringing evil into western countries?

Upvote 0