refugees issue

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You can't assimilate Islam. It is a satanic religion. Why are you in favor of bringing evil into western countries?
Evil takes many forms. Most western countries are just as evil as the Islamic ones, the people though may have some redeeming value, no?

Upvote 0

Kalevalatar

Supisuomalainen sisupussi
Jul 5, 2005
Pohjola
✟20,327.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You can't assimilate Islam. It is a satanic religion. Why are you in favor of bringing evil into western countries?

Matthew 28: The Great Commission: Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.

No need to waste money and resources on sending missionaries out to the Islamic and non-Christian world when you can welcome them non-Christians in and make coverts of them, not to mention showing them how we leave the best life ever in the best human society ever, instead of just trying to tell them about it, kind of like, please just take our word for it. Seeing is believing, after all. It's called witnessing.

Reactions: aieyiamfu
Upvote 0

GeorgiaGuyinAtlanta

Mar 13, 2006
Atlanta, Georgia Metropolitan Area, U.S.A.
✟15,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 28: The Great Commission: Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.

No need to waste money and resources on sending missionaries out to the Islamic and non-Christian world when you can welcome them non-Christians in and make coverts of them, not to mention showing them how we leave the best life ever in the best human society ever, instead of just trying to tell them about it, kind of like, please just take our word for it. Seeing is believing, after all. It's called witnessing.

You are naive and dangerously ignorant about the history of Islam. Everywhere they migrate they take over, unless met with force. You're actually supporting actions that will likely result in fewer Christians, not more.

Upvote 0

Kalevalatar

Jul 5, 2005
Pohjola
✟20,327.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are naive and dangerously ignorant about the history of Islam. Everywhere they migrate they take over, unless met with force. You're actually supporting actions that will likely result in fewer Christians, not more.

You are either on the side with Satan, and for fear, hate and mistrust, or you're with Jesus, and for love and peace. 1 John 4: God is Love. In this world we are like Jesus. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

We love because he first loved us. Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen. And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister.

Upvote 0

Korah

Anglican Lutheran
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
California
✟47,348.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The aggressive one, protecting their oil interests. Our commander in chief W had the greater good of the corporate world in mind. Why, who did you think I was fighting for. It was that war and the associated fallout that converted me from flag waving, American exceptionalism believing moron to a non-statist critical thinker. I guess I would more correctly say it was the catalyst for that change.
I agree with you.
That is, we should have let the secular dictators stand (Iraq, Libya, and Egypt) rather than risk an Islamist take over. Egypt has a military autocracy that reversed the Morsi Moslem Brotherhood takeover, but Libya will never recover and Iraq seems impossible to govern having failed to set up separate states for Sunnis and Shia (as was fortunately done in practice for the Kurds). Syria may take years to just stop the fighting our CIA instituted by encouraging rebellion against an evil dictator who has become all the more evil in crushing the rebels, not to mention giving Putin even more power. Thank you, Hillary Clinton for the mess you created.
Worst of all, we have increased the power of a demonic religion, Islam.

Upvote 0

GeorgiaGuyinAtlanta

Mar 13, 2006
Atlanta, Georgia Metropolitan Area, U.S.A.
✟15,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are either on the side with Satan, and for fear, hate and mistrust, or you're with Jesus, and for love and peace. 1 John 4: God is Love. In this world we are like Jesus. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

We love because he first loved us. Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen. And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister.

Do you honestly think that you're going to be able to win over many Muslims, when they are arriving in the thousands and are likely living amongst one another, etc.

You have to consider that they love this worldly, ungodly religion more than God, so they've already been turned over to a reprobate mind. With most, you're not likely to advance God's Word. I'm all for evangelizing the Muslim world, but it should be in their countries through missionary work, if possible. Inviting such a large percentage of them here will only result in destruction of the countries and their cultures within a generation. Their birthrates are higher. Can you not seem the obvious outcome from such policy?

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Is Western society really the best society? Even if we don't have as many wars, crime, etc. As other parts of the world, i don't think God views the West any more favorably than He does the rest of the world. We can be as secular, petty, and just as immoral as Muslims are stereotyped as being.

Upvote 0

Kalevalatar

Jul 5, 2005
Pohjola
✟20,327.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do you honestly think that you're going to be able to win over many Muslims, when they are arriving in the thousands and are likely living amongst one another, etc.

My country does have an indigenous Muslim population from a time when Muslims did arrive in thousands from foreign lands and they are 100% Finns. I have lived in two Muslim majority countries and I have more in common, culturally and values-wise, with a Lebanese Muslim lady than with an US-American one.

The scare-mongering is 100% nonsense and education -- and a passport -- are the best antidotes against it.

Is Western society really the best society? Even if we don't have as many wars, crime, etc. As other parts of the world, i don't think God views the West any more favorably than He does the rest of the world. We can be as secular, petty, and just as immoral as Muslims are stereotyped as being.

Well, the current Nordic societies are the best societies in human history, in terms of human decency and dignity, greedy, selfish and immoral individual Nordic persons aside.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My country does have an indigenous Muslim population from a time when Muslims did arrive in thousands from foreign lands and they are 100% Finns. I have lived in two Muslim majority countries and I have more in common, culturally and values-wise, with a Lebanese Muslim lady than with an US-American one.

The scare-mongering is 100% nonsense and education -- and a passport -- are the best antidotes against it.

Well, the current Nordic societies are the best societies in human history, in terms of human decency and dignity, greedy, selfish and immoral individual Nordic persons aside.
I'm sorry, but that just comes across as incredibly arrogant, even if it's true. My concern is that some Muslims will take issue with the secular West Despite its numerous benefits. As a Christian in a relatively secular nation you can be a "mediator" of sorts.

Upvote 0

Kalevalatar

Jul 5, 2005
Pohjola
✟20,327.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm sorry, but that just comes across as incredibly arrogant, even if it's true. My concern is that some Muslims will take issue with the secular West Despite its numerous benefits. As a Christian in a relatively secular nation you can be a "mediator" of sorts.

Here in Finland we believe that people of faith are on the same side and against the ills of an extreme me-me-me society of Mammon-worshippers.
The National Forum for Cooperation of Religions in Finland

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

grandvizier1006

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Here in Finland we believe that people of faith are on the same side and against the ills of an extreme me-me-me society of Mammon-worshippers.
The National Forum for Cooperation of Religions in Finland
That seems like a very good society to work with. I wish we had something like that in the U.S.! :) interfaith dialogue gets mired down over here due to the idea that order to do anything we must first agree on looking like we are devaluing or assimilating our faith with the other groups involved. But this group seems to do a very good job expressing solidarity and focuses on sociopolitical stuff that interest all faiths.

Reactions: Kalevalatar
Upvote 0

Kalevalatar

Jul 5, 2005
Pohjola
✟20,327.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That seems like a very good society to work with. I wish we had something like that in the U.S.! :) interfaith dialogue gets mired down over here due to the idea that order to do anything we must first agree on looking like we are devaluing or assimilating our faith with the other groups involved. But this group seems to do a very good job expressing solidarity and focuses on sociopolitical stuff that interest all faiths.

Exactly. We firmly believe our plural multicultural societies need more religious education in schools, not less. Because if we try to "shelter" our pupils and students from religions, what happens is basically that those who know nothing (of their "own" religion and others), will fall for anything. Studies show that religious extremists specifically lack proper religious/theological knowledge. Anders Behring Breivik, the Norwegian kid-killer terrorist, was a follower of the pseudo-Christian-arayan-Norse-Odin-whathaveyou nonsense while supposedly standing up for "our" "Christian" "values". Ditto with the Daesh-wannabe types. They don't know their own religion and therefore are easy targets for calculated manipulation.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

Well, the current Nordic societies are the best societies in human history, in terms of human decency and dignity,

They're not very good societies by Islamic standards...

Upvote 0

Kalevalatar

Jul 5, 2005
Pohjola
✟20,327.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
They're not very good societies by Islamic standards...

More of the same old same old nonsense.

For people of faith, a decent society that cares for its people and stands against the false god Mammon and the greed and selfishness it breeds is a good society. The Quran condemns selfishness and greed and commands to take care of the least among us just as clearly as the Bible does.

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Evil takes many forms. Most western countries are just as evil as the Islamic ones, the people though may have some redeeming value, no?
But our evil isn't as evil ya see...so its ok. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tolly

Sep 23, 2006
Oregon
✟16,968.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I had a talk with a friend who disagreed with me regarding the refugees story. She thinks its a christian duty to allow them in but I said that we need to use wisdom even though evangelization is possible. But what do you guys think?

Upvote 0