bradfordl

Veteran
Mar 20, 2006
✟17,608.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Idolatry... worship of or ascribing spiritual power or import to anything, physical or conceptual, other than God. That particular geography HAS been conquered over and over again, most recently by another group of Christ-rejecting unbelievers. It will be conquered again at least one last time, as will all the universe, by Christ.

Upvote 0

JustAsIam77

Veritas Liberabit Vos
Dec 26, 2006
South Florida
✟30,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Idolatry... worship of or ascribing spiritual power or import to anything, physical or conceptual, other than God. That particular geography HAS been conquered over and over again, most recently by another group of Christ-rejecting unbelievers. It will be conquered again at least one last time, as will all the universe, by Christ.

Regarding the Jews, see Romans 11:

25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in.

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father's sakes.

Upvote 0

cygnusx1

Jacob the twister.....
Apr 12, 2004
UK Northampton
Visit site
✟79,726.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
menewzz.gif

Israel can hardly be seen amongst the sea of Muslim nations, it is a sliver of land taken back by the Jews (Christ was a Jew) in 1948. Does anyone think the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob will forsake this land to the heathen tribes surrounding it?

I think not.

One merely needs to accept how long God promised the land to the Jews , if God said forever then so be it .

In Genesis 12:7a, we read: "The Lord appeared to Abram and said, 'To your descendants I will give this land.'"

In Genesis 13:15, He repeated His promise when He said, "for all the land which you see, I will give it to you and to your descendants forever." He said the same thing in Genesis 15:18, "To your descendants I have given this land."

It is such a shame some assume everything promised and given the the Jews is now redundant as the animal sacrifices , and these same students of Gods word are the same who insist the Law is our rule of life , the truth is in the scriptures , If God can forsake His beloved Jews (Romans 11) then God can just as easily forsake the Church , it's not going to happen because God doesn't and cannot change.

Jeremiah 31:35-36 declares: "This is what the Lord says, 'He who appoints the sun to shine by day, Who decrees the moon and stars to shine by night, Who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar -- the Lord Almighty is His Name; Only if these ordinances vanish from My sight,' declares the Lord, 'will the descendants of Israel ever cease to be a nation before Me.'"

In Psalm 89:30-37, we read: "If his sons forsake My law, and do not walk in My judgments, if they violate My statues, and do not keep My commandments, then I will visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes. But I will not break off My loving kindness from him, nor deal falsely in My faithfulness. My covenant I will not violate, nor will I alter the utterance of My lips. Once I have sworn by My holiness; I will not lie to David. His descendants shall endure forever like the moon, and the witness in the sky is faithful."

Last edited:
Reactions: JustAsIam77
Upvote 0

cygnusx1

Jacob the twister.....
Apr 12, 2004
UK Northampton
Visit site
✟79,726.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I can see why we tried to put a moratorium on these types of dicussions in SR a couple years ago. They tend to generate more heat than light.

Can't think of a single doctrine that hasn't caused controversy , even with Reformed tradition their is a difference of opinion , even on this issue it were possible to quote John Calvin on both sides !

Reactions: JustAsIam77
Upvote 0