Recent apparitions and miracles of OO Church?

OOConvert

Jun 18, 2017
Amsterdam
✟9,080.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hi.Im a convert from Roman Catholicism.one of the things wich gnaws at me and still leads me to sometimes think:are you sure you're on the straight road and won't go to hell for leaving catholicism is catholicism's rich heritage of saints.their saints remain incorruptable in the grave,many have talked with Jesus in ecstacies and had bodily miracles like Marie Julie the french stigmatist,some did miracles of healing,bilocation,raising the dead and miracles after their death with their relics like padre pio,saint charbel,saint euphrasia.

my question is,if Roman Catholicism is a false church why does God raise many holy men and women from their midst?why if they can talk with Jesus himself does Jesus Christ not tell them to join the OO Church?why does God allow things like mass healings to occur?or to heal the blind and lame with their relics?this question is the only thing gnawing at me and fearing for hell.

I left catholicism because of the differences between pre-vatican 2 and vatican 2 popes on key issues ,when both are suppossed to be guided by the holy Spirit,like martyrs outside the church,the visibility of the church,salvation outside the church,religious freedom and state secularism and the fact it seems that popes have taught heresy despite being made incapable of such by Vatican 1(the statement that the successors of peter have the gift of never ending faith),one pope even said a person who would call himself universal bishop would be the precursor of the antichrist!

my only doubt left is why there are so many saints and apparitions in the catholic church and if similar miracles and ecstacies,visions and such things are found in post-schism OO saints?

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
There are miracles claimed by every church, and even by other religions. We must remember, however, that our faith is not meant to be based on such things. Here is Fr. Mauritius Anba Bishoy with a good reminder about miracles, on Coptic Youth Channel:

But of course miracles also occur in our Church. The longest-appearing and most-witnessed apparition of the Theotokos St. Mary in the history of the world occurred at a Coptic Orthodox Church in Egypt back in the 1960s:

(This was a little bit before my time, but some of the people in my parish saw her at Zeitoun when they were young and still living in Egypt; millions saw her, including Muslims and even then-president Nasser!)

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You know it is very strange that the bible does not talk about church membership as being the requirement to get into heaven, but it does talk about believing faith in Jesus.
So long as you are trusting in Jesus's death and resurrection for your salvation, you will go to heaven.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If I may add...

When H.H Pope Tawadros came into town in September 2015, I was able to meet him in person with friends/family at parish. And prior to his message, we ended up watching a documentary on the healing of icons/miracles in Egypt - ones that began at the Church of Zeitoun in Egypt in the 1960's that was fascinating.....the documentary is called Visions & Miracles

Miracles are not a problem when they point to Christ and becoming like Him.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,731.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hi.Im a convert from Roman Catholicism.one of the things wich gnaws at me and still leads me to sometimes think:are you sure you're on the straight road and won't go to hell for leaving catholicism is catholicism's rich heritage of saints.their saints remain incorruptable in the grave,many have talked with Jesus in ecstacies and had bodily miracles like Marie Julie the french stigmatist,some did miracles of healing,bilocation,raising the dead and miracles after their death with their relics like padre pio,saint charbel,saint euphrasia.
For centuries Popes have been embalmed on their death, then had their bodies sealed in multiple airtight coffins. Not surprising that many have been found 'incorrupt'. Many of the other incorrupt Catholic saints are now carefully preserved and given wax masks to maintain the appearance of incorruptibility.
Embalming is forbidden in the Eastern Orthodox Church. I presume it is the same for Oriental Orthodox.
my question is,if Roman Catholicism is a false church why does God raise many holy men and women from their midst?why if they can talk with Jesus himself does Jesus Christ not tell them to join the OO Church?why does God allow things like mass healings to occur?or to heal the blind and lame with their relics?this question is the only thing gnawing at me and fearing for hell.
Perhaps you should consider why a Church the size of the Catholic Church, with 1.2 billion members, produces so few Saints. It seems that those few may have had to struggle more to increase in virtues in spite of the errors taught by their Church.

Upvote 0