Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
You Must Receive From Above
John 3:27.
John answered and said, A man can receive nothing unless it has been given to him from heaven.
John 3:31-33.
He who comes from above is above all; he who is of the earth is earthly and speaks of the earth. He who comes from heaven is above all. And what He has seen and heard, that He testifies; and no one receives His testimony.
He who has received His testimony has certified that God is true.

John 8:23. And He said to them, You are from beneath; I am from above.
You are of this world; I am not of this world.

The Promise of the Holy Spirit
John 7:37-39.
On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying,
If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.
But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive;
for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

John 10:17, 18. Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may receive it again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down by Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to receive it again. This command I have received from My Father.

Last edited:

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
John 12:48. He who rejects Me and does not receive My words, has that which
judges him, the word I have spoken will judge him on the last day.

Jesus Promises Another Helper
John 14:15-18.
If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray to the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever, the Spirit of truth,
whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him;
but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.
I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Acts 1:8. But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.

Acts 2:33. Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear.

Acts 2:38. Then Peter said to them, Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sin; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
1 Corinthians 2:12-14. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolish to him; nor can he know, because they are spiritually discerned.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Receive From The Holy Spirit, Not The World
John 5:34.
Yet I do not receive testimony from man, but I say these things
that you may be saved.

John 5:41-44. I do not receive honor from men. But I know you, that you do not have the love of God in you. I have come in My Father’s name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, him you will receive.
How can you believe, who receives honor from one another, and does not seek the honor that comes from the only God?

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
John 16:13-15. However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will receive of what is Mine and declare it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that
He will receive of Mine and declare it to you.

John 17:8. For I have given to them the words which You have given Me; and they have received and have known surely that I came forth from You; and they have believed that You sent Me.

John 20:21-23. So Jesus said to them again, Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you. And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them, Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
John 13:20. Most assuredly, I say to you, he who receives whomever I send receives Me;
and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me.

John 6:29.
Jesus answered and said to them, This is the work of God, that you believe
in him whom He sent.

John 7:17. If anyone is willing to do His will, he shall know concerning the doctrine,
whether it is from God or I speak on My own.

Upvote 0