Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
A big problem with your logic? You mean the fact that, by the same logic, I can say this:

If you are worshiped, then you are a god
The Buddha is worshiped
Therefore, the Buddha is a god

No no. I did not say anything like that.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
There are many logical ones.
A simple one is:

God is able to resurrect.
Jesus says He is God,
So Jesus resurrected.
The problem is first you say this is "logical proof of the Resurrection", above. Then later you say "oh but there's a big problem with it, lets see if youre smart enough to figure it out".

Either you are too careless to put together a proper syllogism, or you are playing irritating games.

Reactions: DogmaHunter
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
As Jesus, along with many others pointed out, it is a matter of faith, not empirical evidence. Either you choose to believe or not. For myself, I would rather believe and be proven wrong and not believe and be proven wrong. The downside is eternal.
Hopefully there's something more compelling than the wager, for you.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
As Jesus, along with many others pointed out, it is a matter of faith, not empirical evidence. Either you choose to believe or not. For myself, I would rather believe and be proven wrong and not believe and be proven wrong. The downside is eternal.

I have no problem with that, and I used to be a Christian.

For me though, I acquired new knowledge along the way that made reconciling the Christian theology as something I could not do, without playing mind games with myself. So, lying to myself, was not an option.

Upvote 0

Nihilist Virus

Infectious idea
Oct 24, 2015
California
✟156,979.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Buddha did not claim he is a god.
Buddha did not perform miracles.

Not the same. Very different.
Many ancient kings claimed to be god.
People told stories about them.
Therefore, they were all gods.

Are you certain that there isn't another religion with a more terrifying hell? What does Allah think of Christianity? If Allah, the god of a violent religion that hates Christianity, is real, what will he do with you?

Applying your wager should result in you being Muslim.

Upvote 0

Crowns&Laurels

Jul 11, 2015
✟6,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Are you certain that there isn't another religion with a more terrifying hell? What does Allah think of Christianity? If Allah, the god of a violent religion that hates Christianity, is real, what will he do with you?

Applying your wager should result in you being Muslim.

Being that Islam believes in the same God and Hell, there is no point to be made in your statement here. Also, Islam is not a violent religion. They have terrorists which, even though they won't admit it, just hate the world and their place in it.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The problem is first you say this is "logical proof of the Resurrection", above. Then later you say "oh but there's a big problem with it, lets see if youre smart enough to figure it out".

Either you are too careless to put together a proper syllogism, or you are playing irritating games.

Can you see the problem? If you can not, then just take it as it has no problem.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nihilist Virus

Infectious idea
Oct 24, 2015
California
✟156,979.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Being that Islam believes in the same God and Hell, there is no point to be made in your statement here.

So you are saying that applying the wager leaves you equally insured whether you choose to believe in either Christianity or Islam? Then why did RLBeers cite the wager?

Also, Islam is not a violent religion.

We are a bit off topic here, but I cannot let that absurdity stand.

Moderate, peaceful Muslims still believe they can smack their women around. Even an atheist savage like me wouldn't do that. Sharia Law, which is the actual law of the land in more than one Islamic country, requires authorities to dismember people for petty theft and execute people for adultery or homosexuality. They will cut your head off for apostasy.

Christianity doesn't do any of that. I'm a Christian apostate and you guys aren't doing anything - if anything, I'm the intellectual aggressor against all of you.

They have terrorists which, even though they won't admit it, just hate the world and their place in it.

True.

Can you see the problem? If you can not, then just take it as it has no problem.

Several people have torn your argument to shreds, so yes, we all see the problem.

Who? And where is the story of god?
I don't know anyone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_who_have_been_considered_deities

So to reiterate, I will invoke your logic once again:

Many ancient kings claimed to be god.
People told stories about them.
Therefore, they were all gods.

Upvote 0

Crowns&Laurels

Jul 11, 2015
✟6,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Moderate, peaceful Muslims still believe they can smack their women around. Even an atheist savage like me wouldn't do that.

Well you believe women can smack men around, take one's house and kids, and put another man in there while driving tha car you bought and spending the money you worked for.
There's a difference between 'peaceful' and 'lowly men to Jezebel'.

Sharia Law, which is the actual law of the land in more than one Islamic country, requires authorities to dismember people for petty theft and execute people for adultery or homosexuality. They will cut your head off for apostasy.

Blown out of proportion. The general society of Muslims aren't the savagery people try to make them out to be. There are places that are more strict, and all in all they actually follow their religion. Better then whatever joke the 1st world is becoming, who are intellectually lazy and don't take accountability for anything.

Christianity doesn't do any of that. I'm a Christian apostate and you guys aren't doing anything - if anything, I'm the intellectual aggressor against all of you.

Somebody who takes the most absolute, essentially free gliding, easiest high horse to get up upon by which one will be applauded just for sitting on it is not an 'intellectual aggressor'. That horse is on auto-pilot with a whole herd and you're pretending to be doing anything other then perpetuating the same old broken record.

Several people have torn your argument to shreds, so yes, we all see the problem.

Really? I hadn't noticed. See, repeating the same thing over an over again is more like a recorder then a paper shredder.

Upvote 0

Nihilist Virus

Infectious idea
Oct 24, 2015
California
✟156,979.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Well you believe women can smack men around, take one's house and kids, and put another man in there while driving tha car you bought and spending the money you worked for.
There's a difference between 'peaceful' and 'lowly men to Jezebel'.

Fascinating. I didn't know I believe that. But I guess you know what I believe better than I do.

Blown out of proportion. The general society of Muslims aren't the savagery people try to make them out to be. There are places that are more strict, and all in all they actually follow their religion. Better then whatever joke the 1st world is becoming, who are intellectually lazy and don't take accountability for anything.

How is it blown out of proportion if it's actually happening? They throw homosexuals off roofs and then stone them to death. They use trucks to crush the hands of children who steal bread.

Somebody who takes the most absolute, essentially free gliding, easiest high horse to get up upon by which one will be applauded just for sitting on it is not an 'intellectual aggressor'. That horse is on auto-pilot with a whole herd and you're pretending to be doing anything other then perpetuating the same old broken record.

I don't even know what you are talking about.

Really? I hadn't noticed. See, repeating the same thing over an over again is more like a recorder then a paper shredder.

I advise you re-read my post. I was talking to someone else.

Or are you saying you agree with juvenissun's logic?

Upvote 0

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I'd like to know, honestly, when you first posted your syllogism, did you think it made sense at the time?

Of course I do. And indeed, it makes sense.
But I also know there is a problem there. I only think very few people could point it out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Nihilist Virus

Infectious idea
Oct 24, 2015
California
✟156,979.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Not the same. All people on the list were treated as human who has some connection to a god. Never had any one of them claimed that he/she IS god.

Don't waste your time. Admit my logic is valid.

You are a confirmed troll.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not the same. All people on the list were treated as human who has some connection to a god. Never had any one of them claimed that he/she IS god.

Don't waste your time. Admit my logic is valid.

Let me have a few more drinks first.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Of course I do. And indeed, it makes sense.
But I also know there is a problem there. I only think very few people could point it out.
The problem is the logic is plain wrong. And I think you know it. I hope so, anyway.
Do I need to explain?

Upvote 0