• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Really struggling with the idea of Hell

Discussion in 'Requests for Christian Advice' started by cerulean, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Love Others

Love Others New Member

+64
    United States
    SDA
    Divorced

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
  2. FutureAndAHope

FutureAndAHope Just me Supporter

+1,685
    Christian
    Married
    I don't believe that 99% of people will be in hell. None of us really know the figures. If it is the case that greater numbers will be in hell, and it may be, I think the problem is not so much that God is not loving, but rather man has a nature that is opposed to love. The cross however offers every man woman and child an escape from hell, an act that demonstrates God's love to us.

Gen 6:5-6 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

None of us really know how bad humanity can get if left to itself. When God made man even He did not know they would as a general rule oppose Him. We also see God put age limits on man, due to the fact that age did not result in greater repentance:

Gen 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

I have in the past struggled in a similar way to you about hell, but I came to the conclusion, we have the sight to see the cross, an act of forgiveness, why throw away God's forgiveness. If I a lifelong sinner, can see the power of the cross to save me and free me from sin, so too can others. I just need to trust in God's mercy for each man. That He will do the same for them as He has done for me. God is love, He is merciful, we only have to look at what he has done for us. He is attempting the same for others.

3. Ohorseman

Ohorseman Take up your cross and follow Me

+87
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    I see.

On the another point, it is my pyre. Red, it certainly is not. And if white, only in a limited way. Do only as the Lord leads for I do not want to see another brother burn on my account. The wood has been lit. Maybe it will just smolder, LOL. Let he who has ears....

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021