SplendidTree

Legend
Aug 8, 2009
✟53,000.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Ok this may sound silly but I need advice. I just moved and got internet and telephone turned on. Well I seem to get cable however, do not pay for it.

So when we called the company and told them they said we don't have to pay and they cannot turn it off. Since our wiring is old, any time internet is turned on cable is too. If they turned off the cable we couldn't get out internet. But we were honest with them.

We think we should pay for it as soon as Justin gets a job. Isn't that the right thing to do? Or does it matter if we told them? They know we have it and said it's fine but I feel like we should be paying for it.

Colleen

citizenthom

I'm not sayin'. I'm just sayin'.
Nov 10, 2009
✟12,912.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You were honest with them, so you shouldn't feel guilty about getting the free cable. That's an entirely reasonable business decision/customer service decision on their part. If it help you feel better, the reason they can afford to do that for you is that it probably doesn't cost them any more to deliver the cable service if they're already delivering Internet service, or that it would cost them more to separate the two out.

You're saving money because they're saving money, and you got free stuff for being honest. It's a good thing. :)

Final note: READ YOUR SERVICE CONTRACT before you sign it or start making payments. You want to make sure you actually ARE getting the deal they described.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,930,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
So when we called the company and told them they said we don't have to pay and they cannot turn it off.
Colleen

Hey Colleen, not only were you honest with the cable company, it was the cable company that said you don't have to pay. Every once in awhile we get perks in life that we really don't deserve. This is probably one of them for you. ENJOY .. :D

Yours and His,
David
p.s. - if you're worried about them coming back several years down the road and questioning why you haven't been paying, I'd call them back one more time, question them again about your situation, and if everything is still fine with them, write down the date/time and name of the service rep that helped you and told you it was OK.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,930,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I agree, you were honest, so just enjoy!
I would just advise you to get it in writing. Just so you always have proof for what was agreed.

Whoops, sorry Emmy, I should have just agreed with your post and been done with it ... which is all I really did anyway as it turns out .. :doh:

--David

Upvote 0
F

freeport

Ok this may sound silly but I need advice. I just moved and got internet and telephone turned on. Well I seem to get cable however, do not pay for it.

So when we called the company and told them they said we don't have to pay and they cannot turn it off. Since our wiring is old, any time internet is turned on cable is too. If they turned off the cable we couldn't get out internet. But we were honest with them.

We think we should pay for it as soon as Justin gets a job. Isn't that the right thing to do? Or does it matter if we told them? They know we have it and said it's fine but I feel like we should be paying for it.

Colleen

If they said they are fine with it, do not worry about it.

Upvote 0

SplendidTree

Legend
Aug 8, 2009
✟53,000.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Ok yah they said we don't need to pay. I don't know I guess I just thought it was wrong somehow... we could have hid it but we said "Umm we get cable and don't pay for it" That's when they said we don't have to pay and explained the wiring.

Sory for asking such a silly question lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LilLamb219

The Lamb is gone
Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
✟83,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ok yah they said we don't need to pay. I don't know I guess I just thought it was wrong somehow... we could have hid it but we said "Umm we get cable and don't pay for it" That's when they said we don't have to pay and explained the wiring.

They chose to give it to you for free, so you are not stealing...you're doing nothing wrong. Enjoy :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
F

freeport

What was important is that you were honest and tried to do the right thing, knowing God sees you.

Upvote 0

Wrexscar

May 15, 2008
Wales
✟15,375.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
Thanks for the advice.. I will definitely double check .. my first bill billed me for all but the cable but I'll make sure. You sure God won't punish me?

I suggest you turn off the cable and spend some time with your Father, He loves you,you know he's not some cop waiting for you to fail so he can punish you. He is your loving father, you are the apple of his eye.

Spend some time learning how much he loves you.

Upvote 0