✟342,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Please WATCH THE .... VIDEO!!!
I watched the video. Yeah, it's a bit premature to jump to conclusions. Physics at energies relevant to the early universe is still too poorly understood.

• Agree
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
An experiment failed to find any difference between anti-hydrogen and hydrogen, thus failing to give a clue to the origin of the matter-antimatter asymmetry in our (local) universe. Not in the video: differences between matter and antimatter are observed but mostly in mesons, not in the baryons that make up most matter (e.g. protons and neutrons), and the difference is not large enough to explain the matter-antimatter asymmetry.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
My country is also not invited to watch the video.
OB
Big bang is theorized to have produced antimatter that should have combined with matter resulting in a big nothing instead of the universe as we know it.

(Therefore humans are required to have an explanation for this RIGHT NOW!!!)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Many do say "God did it." Many are devout Christians who say "God did it."
Many also say, "God did it, and let's see if we can find a physical mechanism by which matter came to dominate our universe."

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Big bang is theorized to have produced antimatter that should have combined with matter resulting in a big nothing instead of the universe as we know it.

That's it? Seems a bit anti-climatic... :/

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,933.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
If you are aitheist you must deny that you exist in the end ...

Wow! This sounds like one of those really poorly thought out logical arguments. Please , by all means, explain to me why I must deny I exist.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Many also say, "God did it, and let's see if we can find a physical mechanism by which matter came to dominate our universe."
Those are the (Christian) scientists I mean.
But I'd lay a small bet that this thread is going to be about the Bible, not the existence of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,340.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced

(Therefore humans are required to have an explanation for this RIGHT NOW!!!)

Thank you.

My day is now complete.
OB

Upvote 0

Cat Loaf You

Dec 11, 2017
Warsaw
✟22,505.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Wow! This sounds like one of those really poorly thought out logical arguments. Please , by all means, explain to me why I must deny I exist.

You should check out Boltzmann Brain
Boltzmann brain - Wikipedia

In short there his much greater probability for boltzman brain than big bang , if you believe in big bang you must believe in boltzman brains . According to that you are just mess of atoms who randomly formed into some kind of brain in some space and you become concious 1s ago with memory of your whole life and you will die 1s later and you really don't exist but just happend for atoms to line up so they make you think you do .

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Scientist, why can't you say: "God did it."???

When there is credible evidence, that some super natural entity is responsible, let us know.

Until that time, I will hold off on giving credit.

Don't worry though, you can still say God did it.

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,340.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
You should check out Boltzmann Brain
Boltzmann brain - Wikipedia

In short there his much greater probability for boltzman brain than big bang , if you believe in big bang you must believe in boltzman brains . According to that you are just mess of atoms who randomly formed into some kind of brain in some space and you become concious 1s ago with memory of your whole life and you will die 1s later and you really don't exist but just happend for atoms to line up so they make you think you do .

This thread seems to be about matter and anti matter wiping each other out (or not). Nice try at shifting the topic too the Big Bang.

If you should raise this Boltzman Brain concept in a future thread you will need to consider justifying the following bald assertion:

In short there his much greater probability for boltzman brain than big bang , if you believe in big bang you must believe in boltzman brains .
OB

Upvote 0