United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Wait a minute---

She is now your ex because she has MS???!!!! I take it your vows did not include for better or for worse, in sickness and in health. This is, I realize off topic, but it was hard to ignore.

So, you think it was me who divorced her? Why would you go right to that?

She divorced me because I could not make her happy.

• Informative
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I named several that were shot.
Not really a good answer, since it would be ridiculous to evaluate all the years and events of any presidency by the success of one extremist who managed to get in a good shot.

...the flak that Obama and Bill Clinton got, probably because you agreed with it. Not to mention that it seems like every new President is the worst president ever, George W Bush was blamed for so much (and in some cases he deserves it, the Iraq war was a major mistake). Man, remember Bushisms?

None of this comes close to the nonstop hatred and viciousness that has been directed at this president who has been the object, not of a Saturday Night Live sketch or a "Bushism," but of an attempt to destroy him and also overthrow the government.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Not really a good answer, since it would be ridiculous to evaluate all the years and events of any presidency by the success of one extremist who managed to get in a good shot.

None of this comes close to the nonstop hatred and viciousness that has been directed at this president who has been the object, not of a Saturday Night Live sketch or a "Bushism," but of an attempt to destroy him and also overthrow the government.

You mean like Impeaching Clinton?
Or how about shutting down the federal government in both Clinton and Obama's administrations?

This stuff is not unique. What is unique is Donald Trump's level of narcissism to point everything back to him and play the poor me routine

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You mean like Impeaching Clinton?
Or how about shutting down the federal government in both Clinton and Obama's administrations?
Those developments pale in comparison to what Trump has had to endure from people who swore, from the day he was elected, to "get him" no matter what it took.

• Agree
Reactions: paul1149
Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Those developments pale in comparison to what Trump has had to endure from people who swore, from the day he was elected, to "get him" no matter what it took.
There was an entire movement out to thwart Obama, the Tea Party. Never Trump is the same thing.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
There was an entire movement out to thwart Obama, the Tea Party. Never Trump is the same thing.
Not really. For one thing, "thwarting Obama" was not the objective. It was to get the GOP to stand up for its own principles. Many of today's Republican officeholders got their start as Tea Party Republican challengers to lazy incumbents of their own party. And it never specialized in vulgarity or hate and never condoned violence, threats, or the like.

And as for "NeverTrumpers," that tiny group offers no comparison at all.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Not really. For one thing, "thwarting Obama" was not the objective. It was to get the GOP to stand up for its own principles. Many of today's Republican officeholders got their start as Tea Party Republican challengers to lazy incumbents of their own party. And it never specialized in vulgarity or hate and never condoned violence, threats, or the like.

And as for "NeverTrumpers," that tiny group offers no comparison at all.

So the Tea party rallies with signs depicting threats of lynching Obama weren't a thing? wow, what universe are you in?
The Tea party went in specifically to make sure that Obama got nothing done, and they were successful in that.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
So the Tea party rallies with signs depicting threats of lynching Obama weren't a thing? wow, what universe are you in?
You need to prove such an allegation. Or retract it if you cannot. Sure, liberals jumped at the chance to make the Tea Party their whipping boy and try to destroy it, but ithat was all nonsense. Look at this headline; then read the article looking for anything about the Tea Parties and see if you can find any evidence of Tea Parties engaging in violence.

Tea Party Getting Violent? 10 House Dems Report Threats, Vandalism

The Tea party went in specifically to make sure that Obama got nothing done, and they were successful in that.
Neither of those items is true.

That wasn't the Tea Party objective and the idea that anything done by the Tea Parties kept Obama from getting anything done is laughable. A member who happens to read your post might feel flattered at that acclaim, however. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
You need to prove such an allegation. Or retract it if you cannot. Sure, liberals jumped at the chance to make the Tea Party their whipping boy and try to destroy it, but ithat was all nonsense. Look at this headline; then read the article looking for anything about the Tea Parties and see if you can find any evidence of Tea Parties engaging in violence.

Tea Party Getting Violent? 10 House Dems Report Threats, Vandalism

Neither of those items is true.

That wasn't the Tea Party objective and the idea that anything done by the Tea Parties kept Obama from getting anything done is laughable. A member who happens to read your post might feel flattered at that acclaim, however. ;)

Do a quick google sometime, but there's plenty of images and effigys of Obama being hung, with such "cute" slogans as "hang in there Obama" and "Rope" instead of Hope that was one of his campaign posters. It's just like that one Comedian who had a severed Trump head. Trump isn't special.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Do a quick google sometime, but there's plenty of images and effigys of Obama being hung, with such "cute" slogans as "hang in there Obama" and "Rope" instead of Hope that was one of his campaign posters.

I believe you. But you cannot simply make a claim that it's the Tea Party doing it!.

Just like that article I showed you, all sorts of claims were made, but that didn't make them be about the Tea Party!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I believe you. But you cannot simply make a claim that it's the Tea Party doing it!.

Just like that article I showed you, all sorts of claims were made, but that didn't make them be about the Tea Party!
even if it's not those specific members of congress or any official organization, its' the people who support and vote for that movement, similarly, Trump is not a white supremacist or his administration or campaign organizers, but white supremacists support Trump and vote for him.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
even if it's not those specific members of congress or any official organization, its' the people who support and vote for that movement,
That's nonsense--the kind of thing a person says when he is trying not to lose some debate. Except that this isn't a debate.

similarly, Trump is not a white supremacist or his administration or campaign organizers, but white supremacists support Trump and vote for him.
And changing the subject isn't helpful, either.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
That's nonsense--the kind of thing a person says when he is trying not to lose some debate. Except that this isn't a debate.

And changing the subject isn't helpful, either.

It's the same thing. A candidate doesn't have to say a specific thing if they enable people who do say those things and are supported by those people. The candidates and officials are REPRESENTATIVES of the people who vote for them.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
There are going to be both, and your example is going to happen for everyone, everyone is going to take rejection negatively. However what does not happen very often is a situation like General Mattis, a very respectable guy who Trump LIKED who stepped down because he didn't like the policies of the President and became a critic, General Kelly as well. These were not people that Trump kicked out and so have reason to be vengeful. These are people who left because they didn't like working with the President.

So... two people. You can think of two?

If you cannot live with two people, out of probably hundreds that you have working for you, that disagree with your policies....... life will be rough.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
It's the same thing. A candidate doesn't have to say a specific thing if they enable people who do say those things and are supported by those people. The candidates and officials are REPRESENTATIVES of the people who vote for them.
So... if a person of a certain "socially unacceptable group" agrees with an elected official... That is reflective of the elected official?

The simple fact that the officials are your representative... is why you should really take a good look at what they stand for before you vote...

Case in point:

Biden is in the throws of a disease of dementia.

He has chosen Kamala Harris as his running mate.

Kamala is in favor or full term abortions. (that's just one of her mixed up ideas)

So... by your own methods... A vote for Biden.. who will shortly leave and give power to Kamala.. is a vote for a leader who will support killing babies.

Do you want her to represent you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
So... two people. You can think of two?

If you cannot live with two people, out of probably hundreds that you have working for you, that disagree with your policies....... life will be rough.
There's a lot more than 2, there's a whole laundry list of Trump appointees that have resigned. It's basically been a revolving door there.
John Bolton resigned and proceeded to write a book that criticized Trump.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
So... if a person of a certain "socially unacceptable group" agrees with an elected official... That is reflective of the elected official?

The simple fact that the officials are your representative... is why you should really take a good look at what they stand for before you vote...

Case in point:

Biden is in the throws of a disease of dementia.

He has chosen Kamala Harris as his running mate.

Kamala is in favor or full term abortions. (that's just one of her mixed up ideas)

So... by your own methods... A vote for Biden.. who will shortly leave and give power to Kamala.. is a vote for a leader who will support killing babies.

Do you want her to represent you?

No as a matter of fact I can't vote for either major party candidate, my conscience convicts me. I can't even pick a "lesser of two evils" just like 2016, I just can't.

That's one of the reasons I hate this 2 party system, everyone assumes if you dislike one candidate you MUST be in support of the other party and their whole platform wholesale.
I'm an independent, I do not adhere to either of these parties.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
No as a matter of fact I can't vote for either major party candidate, my conscience convicts me. I can't even pick a "lesser of two evils" just like 2016, I just can't.

That's one of the reasons I hate this 2 party system, everyone assumes if you dislike one candidate you MUST be in support of the other party and their whole platform wholesale.

Then vote third party. Trump is depending on it.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Then vote third party. Trump is depending on it.
Yeah, it doesn't really matter because of the electoral college system. Trump will carry this state by 20 points and it's a low electoral vote state so it ultimately doesn't matter and I can vote with my conscience.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

Well, that makes you very powerful.

Seriously... There are those that will always vote red... and those that always vote blue..

It is those that look at the policies, platform, promises, and agenda of both and choose which one they figure, at that time, will be best for the country.

Those are the people that choose the government. Not those that are solid long time supporters of one party or the other.. no matter what.

By the way. In Canada.. we have three parties... It is still a pick of the one that will do the most harm...

I mean really..... our government is controlled by money.. big business and powerful people...

The candidates stand up and spout off of how they are going to do this for you and that for you...

Then...........break each promise.. one by one by one.

OH, yes.. Trudeau did apologize...every time..but usually blamed it on some other group.

His latest.. in a long line.. was that he hammered Steven Harper for "proroguing" parliament... He would never do that.... Oh wait, what's this... Parliament... prorogued.

He also ran on the platform of changing the "First past the post" that allows leaders to be elected even when they don't have the popular vote... Just like how Trump got elected... In Canada we have the same issue...

Well.. guess what.... He changed his mind on that...

So, ya.... I understand... Not voting cause you have to choose between a kick in the head or a slap on the face... But.. If you don't vote.... you cannot complain.. That's how it goes here in Canada..

Anyone complaining.. we just say.. "Did you vote"?.. No? Then you don't get to complain.

Upvote 0