Bro_Sam

Feb 27, 2006
✟8,312.00
Faith
Calvinist
I'll have to look into them.

My only complaint about "One Second After" is that it ends rather awkwardly and, as a former college professor, I find his faith in his college students a little amusing.

But overall, it's very good. Very thought provoking.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm currently reading the works of J.R. Miller. It's a large body of work, and I'm really enjoying it. J.R. Miller was probably known best for his ministry to troops in the American Civil War during the 1800s. He was also an accomplished author, and his Christian materials are Biblical and beautiful.

By the way, I have also enjoyed some of the materials mentioned in this thread. This is a great idea for a thread. Thanks everyone.

Upvote 0

FundamentalistJohn

Feb 23, 2008
✟8,589.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm currently reading the works of J.R. Miller. It's a large body of work, and I'm really enjoying it. J.R. Miller was probably known best for his ministry to troops in the American Civil War during the 1800s. He was also an accomplished author, and his Christian materials are Biblical and beautiful.

By the way, I have also enjoyed some of the materials mentioned in this thread. This is a great idea for a thread. Thanks everyone.

That sounds very interesting Tom.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2009
✟17,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I am currently reading James R. White's book "Scripture Alone". For secular knowledge, I'm reading "The Forgotten Man: A New History of the Great Depression", by Amity Shlaes. In addition, I am studying the Book of Ecclesiastes and every commentary and resource I can lay my hands on, which is a lot considering how many books, paper and electronic, my wife and I have.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's rare I read christian related books other than the bible, but my friend gave me one recently and I've been reading that - End Time Events by Charles Capps. Also been reading the new ESV Study bible my boyfriend got me for my birthday.

Upvote 0