Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have been looking for a 2 or 3 year reading plan for the NT, but the only 2 year plan I can find goes through the NT twice in 2 years and I cannot find any 3 year plans. I am almost done w/ a 1 year whole Bible reading plan and I want to go through the NT again, but at a slower pace to study deeper. I am also a commentary reader and sometimes with faster reading plans it is too much meat at one time to study and pray over. Anyone have any suggestions?

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was once instructed to seriously read 1 Corinthians chapters 12 and 14 something like every day for 5 days. Those chapters have a different place in my mind than all others. It would be totally worthwhile IMO to read and reread a day's Bible study (in a one year plan) two or three or more days in a row.

Upvote 0

1986Kari

Aug 7, 2018
Omak
✟9,068.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I was once instructed to seriously read 1 Corinthians chapters 12 and 14 something like every day for 5 days. Those chapters have a different place in my mind than all others. It would be totally worthwhile IMO to read and reread a day's Bible study (in a one year plan) two or three or more days in a row.
That might be any idea. However, some yearly plans put a large chunk together in one day that could be stretched out to 7-10 days in a longer reading plan. In the reading plan I am about to finish, they crunch John 6 into three days. I know that chapter can be stretched to 8 days if not more because of how much there is to absorb in that chapter.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One simple approach would be to add the task of dividing the day's reading into logical parts onto the first day's reading/study. The days that you repeat that plan could be dealt with one logical section at a time. It is a way to approach a day's plan, especially long ones, with boundaries around what you will do (structure). The sections don't have to be divided into different topics (some day's plans will be only on one topic); they can be divided where the focus shifts. I wouldn't get hung up on making good divisions, though. The study of most sections would require reading the paragraphs before and after it for context, anyway.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I have been looking for a 2 or 3 year reading plan for the NT, but the only 2 year plan I can find goes through the NT twice in 2 years and I cannot find any 3 year plans. I am almost done w/ a 1 year whole Bible reading plan and I want to go through the NT again, but at a slower pace to study deeper. I am also a commentary reader and sometimes with faster reading plans it is too much meat at one time to study and pray over. Anyone have any suggestions?
I'm not big on commentaries. I fear I would wind up letting someone else do my thinking for me.

Upvote 0