Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If we are in a continual state of fear, or enslaved to sin or some other darker emotion, I believe we should desire to have a renewed heart by God. Like King David cried out to God for forgiveness of his transgressions, and asked for a clean heart, so we also need to have a new heart that is changed (See: Psalms 51, Romans 10:13, 1 John 2:1, 1 John 1:9, Luke 18:9-14).

full

Faith comes by hearing, and hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17). Some people think faith is just believing in Jesus alone for salvation and that's all you need to do for the most part. But faith is believing the ENTIRE Bible. While undoubtedly the "Parable of the Sower" (Matthew 13:18-23, Luke 8:11-15) is talking about receiving Jesus (Matthew 10:28-29), seeking forgiveness with Him (1 John 2:1, 1 John 1:9), and believing the gospel (i.e. Believing that Jesus died for our sins, He was buried, and He rose three days later on our behalf for salvation - 1 Corinthians 15:1-4), I believe the "Parable of the Sower" is referring to accepting the whole counsel of God's Word (Acts of the Apostles 20:27). We have to have faith not just in certain parts of the Bible, but we have to have faith in the whole Bible (Note: For all Scripture is profitable for doctrine and instruction in righteousness - 2 Timothy 3:16-17). We need to put the Word of God on the inside of our hearts.

Like in the Parable of the Sower, the seed needs to be received into our heart. According to Luke 8:11, the "seed" = the "Word of God." This would be our Bible. We learn that the "sower of the seed" = "the Son of Man (Jesus)" according to the Parable of the Weeds (Matthew 13:37). So putting this all together, it looks like this:

full

When some people read the Bible, they are confused or they say that it is not all that important and or they say that we cannot truly and fully understand His Word.

full

Others will try to alter God's Word and (in a manner of speaking) cut out the parts they do not like.

full

The reason for this is because of this....

full

Meaning, any person (Including a Christian) who does not accept what a certain verse or passage says plainly is either going to:

(a) Ignore it.
(b) Change it to say something else.
(c) Claim it is unknowable at this point in time of our lives.
(d) It is a mistranslation.
This is the seed that fell by the wayside for a believer; For they do not accept all of the faith or all of the Word of God.

Others can accept the whole Word of God, but unfortunately they can fall away from the faith due to persecution, and or the cares of this life and or riches.

And the true man of God (or woman of God) will believe all of God's Word and endure to the end and produce much fruit (good deeds) for God.

full

So how does the Parable of the Sower help you?

If you accepted the Lord, and or renewed your faith in Him (And you are still struggling with a dark emotion or sin): My encouragement for you to read, believe, memorize, and repeatedly speak aloud any verses to yourself that would help you to overcome whatever challenge you may have.

It may be a belief that is unbiblical that may be affecting your faith, as well.
Accept any verses that may be hard for you to believe is key. Ask God for help, and do not try to re-write Scripture, or ignore anything, or to justify your own path or way.
Also, keep reading the verses you need out loud, and or listen to them via by an audio Bible over, and over, and over. Think about what they say and believe them.

King David essentially said that he hid God's Word in his heart so that he may not sin against the Lord (Psalms 119:11).

Put God's Word (the Bible) on the inside of you, and do not speak against God's Word.
Live out God's Word and obey it.

Last edited:

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
faith is believing the ENTIRE Bible.
"'So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;
. It shall not return to Me void,
. But it shall accomplish what I please,
. And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.'"

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (Isaiah 55:11)

What I see with this is how it says God's word will do what God pleases. To me, this means God's word will not only do what we can understand it to mean and discipline ourselves to do. But God's word will do all which God Himself understands His word to mean. So, this is so better than what we can try to get our own selves to understand and do . . . right?

And in case anyone agrees with this, this means every single bit . . . or bite . . . of God's word has His meaning of what it will do.

For me, now, I understand that every bit of God's word has His love meaning . . . any scripture, at all, can be used by God to help us to become like Jesus and please God like Jesus is so pleasing, while we share as God's family and love any and all people.

This is a family love blessing, shared with one another > no one on one's own get's oneself to do what God means, but we find this together, helping each other as family.

So, in prayer what I am doing at this point is I be quiet and trust God to do what He wants to do with me, and pray this for others, too.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If we are in a continual state of fear, or enslaved to sin or some other darker emotion, I believe we should desire to have a renewed heart by God. Like King David cried out to God for forgiveness of his transgressions, and asked for a clean heart, so we also need to have a new heart that is changed (See: Psalms 51, Romans 10:13, 1 John 2:1, 1 John 1:9, Luke 18:9-14).

full

Faith comes by hearing, and hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17). Some people think faith is just believing in Jesus alone for salvation and that's all you need to do for the most part. But faith is believing the ENTIRE Bible. While undoubtedly the "Parable of the Sower" (Matthew 13:18-23, Luke 8:11-15) is talking about receiving Jesus (Matthew 10:28-29), seeking forgiveness with Him (1 John 2:1, 1 John 1:9), and believing the gospel (i.e. Believing that Jesus died for our sins, He was buried, and He rose three days later on our behalf for salvation - 1 Corinthians 15:1-4), I believe the "Parable of the Sower" is referring to accepting the whole counsel of God's Word (Acts of the Apostles 20:27). We have to have faith not just in certain parts of the Bible, but we have to have faith in the whole Bible (Note: For all Scripture is profitable for doctrine and instruction in righteousness - 2 Timothy 3:16-17). We need to put the Word of God on the inside of our hearts.

Like in the Parable of the Sower, the seed needs to be received into our heart. According to Luke 8:11, the "seed" = the "Word of God." This would be our Bible. We learn that the "sower of the seed" = "the Son of Man (Jesus)" according to the Parable of the Weeds (Matthew 13:37). So putting this all together, it looks like this:

full

When some people read the Bible, they are confused or they say that it is not all that important and or they say that we cannot truly and fully understand His Word.

full

Others will try to alter God's Word and (in a manner of speaking) cut out the parts they do not like.

full

The reason for this is because of this....

full

Meaning, any person (Including a Christian) who does not accept what a certain verse or passage says plainly is either going to:

(a) Ignore it.
(b) Change it to say something else.
(c) Claim it is unknowable at this point in time of our lives.
(d) It is a mistranslation.
This is the seed that fell by the wayside for a believer; For they do not accept all of the faith or all of the Word of God.

Others can accept the whole Word of God, but unfortunately they can fall away from the faith due to persecution, and or the cares of this life and or riches.

And the true man of God (or woman of God) will believe all of God's Word and endure to the end and produce much fruit (good deeds) for God.

full

So how does the Parable of the Sower help you?

If you accepted the Lord, and or renewed your faith in Him (And you are still struggling with a dark emotion or sin): My encouragement for you to read, believe, memorize, and repeatedly speak aloud the any verses to yourself that would help you to overcome whatever challenge you may have.

It may be a belief that is unbiblical that may be affecting your faith, as well.
Accept any verses that may be hard for you to believe is key. Ask God for help, and do not try to re-write Scripture, or ignore anything, or to justify your own path or way.
Also, keep reading the verses you need out loud, and or listen to them via by an audio Bible over, and over, and over. Think about what they say and believe them.

King David essentially said that he hid God's Word in his heart so that he may not sin against the Lord (Psalms 119:11).

Put God's Word (the Bible) on the inside of you, and do not speak against God's Word.
Live out God's Word and obey it.
The parable of the sower is so searching and abidingly applicable.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

What I see with this is how it says God's word will do what God pleases. To me, this means God's word will not only do what we can understand it to mean and discipline ourselves to do. But God's word will do all which God Himself understands His word to mean. So, this is so better than what we can try to get our own selves to understand and do . . . right?

And in case anyone agrees with this, this means every single bit . . . or bite . . . of God's word has His meaning of what it will do.

For me, now, I understand that every bit of God's word has His love meaning . . . any scripture, at all, can be used by God to help us to become like Jesus and please God like Jesus is so pleasing, while we share as God's family and love any and all people.

This is a family love blessing, shared with one another > no one on one's own get's oneself to do what God means, but we find this together, helping each other as family.

So, in prayer what I am doing at this point is I be quiet and trust God to do what He wants to do with me, and pray this for others, too.
What a great, hard-hitting passage is Isaiah 55! :)

• Agree
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Faith comes by hearing, and hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17).

This coming from a guy who claimed Jesus blinded him for three days
forcing him to convert. Jesus doesn't blind people. That's not His thing.

Here Jesus denies Pauls story:

John 8:12
Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

Jesus did not blind Paul as you saying, the Glory that shown around the Glorified Jesus is what blinded Paul.

Some times like with Paul they need to be hit with a 2x4 right between the eyes before they are able to pay attention.

Paul was a chosen vessel just as all of the other Apostles were, even Judas was chosen to betray Jesus.

I don't think Jesus said to Perter, how about hanging out together for the next 3 1/2 yrs and then the rest of your life, NO he TOLD Peter Come Follow me.

Doesn't sound like a request to me.

Paul was Drafted, he had no intention of joining that motley crew of Christians.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The Purpose of the Parables

Luk 8:9 And his disciples asked him, saying, What might this parable be?
Luk 8:10 And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.
Luk 8:11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
Luk 8:12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
Luk 8:13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.
Luk 8:14 And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.
Luk 8:15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

The Parable of the sower is not about Salvation or Christian Believers, it's about the Kingdom of God.

Everything Jesus spoke to the People was in Parables about the Kingdom, which was all Pre. Sacrifice, Pre. Forgiveness of sins, Pre. Salvation

Jesus came into the world as the Messiah to the Jews, to bring unto them the Kingdom of God but they were blinded by God therefore they rejected Him as Messiah.

Mat. 4:17
From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Jesus did not come into all of the regions round about preaching, Repent for Salvation is at hand.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Love this verse.

What I see with this is how it says God's word will do what God pleases. To me, this means God's word will not only do what we can understand it to mean and discipline ourselves to do. But God's word will do all which God Himself understands His word to mean. So, this is so better than what we can try to get our own selves to understand and do . . . right? And in case anyone agrees with this, this means every single bit . . . or bite . . . of God's word has His meaning of what it will do.

I do not see God as forcing us in any way.
I believe we have to do our part and believe His Word by faith, and act on His Word, too. Faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17).

For if Isaiah 55:11 was the only verse in the Bible, you probably could interpret it that way. But it's not the only verse in the Bible. The whole counsel of God's Word teaches us also the following:

"Can two walk together, except they be agreed?" (Amos 3:3).
David essentially said that he hid God's Word in his heart so that he may not sin against the Lord (See: Psalms 119:11).

James says "But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves." (James 1:22).

You said:

Nowhere was I suggesting that we learn outside of the Anointing.
We know that the brethren that John was writing to in his first epistle were described as not having any need that a man teach them because they had the Anointing teach them all things (Note: The "Anointing" = the Spirit) (See: 1 John 2:27).

Meaning: We can ask God for the understanding on His Word, and He can freely give it to us. We are to buy the milk without price (Isaiah 55:1) (Note: This is unlike Bible schools that demand that you must learn from men in order to gain God's knowledge for a price).

Anyways, most importantly, 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV (Which is altered in Modern Translations) also tells us this:

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." (2 Timothy 2:15) (KJV).​

So if we are to study God's Word to show ourselves approved unto God, that means we have to do our part in understanding His Word.

I believe we also have to be pure in heart when we study His Word, too.
Meaning, we cannot have any ulterior motives or outside beliefs that may appear to be dark or wrong (that violate basic morality or the goodness of God) that is not exactly spelled out clearly in God's Word.

For Jesus said the pure in heart will see God (Matthew 5:8).
In other words,... "every word of God is pure" (Proverbs 30:5).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What a great, hard-hitting passage is Isaiah 55! :)

I believe God is sovereign over His creation in the sense that He knew of what everyone who existed was going to do before they were going to do it. God knew every soul that was going to come into existence. So God made it possible throughout all of history those in whom he knew would accept His Word and for it to not return void by placing those souls into each period of time and place where they needed to be to do so. I do not believe God was forcing anyone to accept His Word. If this was the case, then the Fall would not have even happened. God did not want Adam and Eve to sin, but that is what they chose of their own free will choice.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I am not a Calvinist or anything close to such a thing. I don't believe God forced Paul to convert. But I do believe Scripture that says that Paul was blinded by the brightness of Jesus on the road to Damascus and he was following the Lord's instructions on what he must do (Which would then would result in his salvation).

You said:

So you don't believe Paul's story as written in Acts of the Apostles 9 is true?

You said:

One follows the Lord after they are saved by His grace and are forgiven of sin. A person cannot work their way to salvation. They need to be forgiven first. Paul needed to have his sins washed away by calling upon the name of the Lord for salvation (i.e. God's grace). We need to also have the Spirit which is a guaranteed promise of the inheritance, as well. Paul did not receive the Spirit until he met Ananias. After Paul was saved by God's grace, then John 8:12 would apply to his life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Luk 8:10 And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.
Luk 8:12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
Luk 8:13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.
Luk 8:14 And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.
Luk 8:15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

The Parable of the sower is not about Salvation or Christian Believers, it's about the Kingdom of God.

Everything Jesus spoke to the People was in Parables about the Kingdom, which was all Pre. Sacrifice, Pre. Forgiveness of sins, Pre. Salvation

Jesus came into the world as the Messiah to the Jews, to bring unto them the Kingdom of God but they were blinded by God therefore they rejected Him as Messiah.

From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Jesus did not come into all of the regions round about preaching, Repent for Salvation is at hand.

The purpose of the Parable is not "Pre cross" only.

Peter talks about how we are born not of corruptible seed but of incorruptible seed. Peter is referring to the communicated Word of God (Which for us today would be our Holy Bible). Faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17). How do you interpret Romans 10:17?

Also what you describe sounds like Mid Acts Dispensationalism.
If you are referring to the two (or more) gospel view, this is false.
It is also known as MAD.

MAD in certain circles teaches that there is one gospel by Jesus and another gospel by Paul.

However, Paul was a Jew. So if he was a Jew, then why would he teach that which did not apply to him? Also, why did Paul write to other Jews if he was supposed to only write to the Gentiles?

For Peter says that his beloved brother Paul had also had written unto of whom Peter was writing to, as well.

"And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction." (2 Peter 3:15-16).

In addition, ...

What was Paul's opinion regarding the teachings or words of Jesus Christ?

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.”
(Colossians 2:8).

If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings, Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.”
(1 Timothy 6:3-5).

So Jesus and Paul taught the same gospel or teaching.

In fact, Mid Acts Dispensationalism is nothing new. Back in Paul's day, people were also wrongfully following Paul, too. For Paul said that there should not be divisions between Christ and what he taught (1 Corinthians 1:10-13); For Paul said, "Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?" (1 Corinthians 1:13).

For Paul said, if any man preaches another gospel, let him be accursed (Galatians 1:6-9). Soooo... if Peter or Jesus was preaching another gospel different than Paul's gospel, does that mean that they were accursed? No, of course not because it was all the same gospel.
The gospel preached by Christ's disciples is the same gospel at it's core, but it was with fewer details. Jesus said many times to believe in Him for salvation and to come to Him as a part of salvation. When Paul came on to the scene, he preached Christ's death and resurrection that the early apostles did at Pentecost (Which was in the scope of God's plan of salvation all along). Peter preached Christ's death and resurrection at Pentecost. This was not a different gospel than the One Jesus preached because Jesus was already foretelling His disciples of His death and resurrection beforehand. He just did not tell them to preach this added information to others yet. But at the heart or it's core, the gospel message is not a different gospel. There is only one gospel. God did not change the gospel message with Peter or Paul, He merely fleshed out the details for others to know about later. The gospel message of Christ's death and resurrection was preached at Pentecost. But Salvation was always to be in Christ's death and resurrection. Without the resurrection, we would still be yet in our sins.

Upvote 0

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Love this verse.

I do not see God as forcing us in any way.
I believe we have to do our part and believe His Word by faith, and act on His Word, too. Faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17).

For if Isaiah 55:11 was the only verse in the Bible, you probably could interpret it that way. But it's not the only verse in the Bible. The whole counsel of God's Word teaches us also the following:

"Can two walk together, except they be agreed?" (Amos 3:3).
David essentially said that he hid God's Word in his heart so that he may not sin against the Lord (See: Psalms 119:11).

James says "But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves." (James 1:22).

Nowhere was I suggesting that we learn outside of the Anointing.
We know that the brethren that John was writing to in his first epistle were described as not having any need that a man teach them because they had the Anointing teach them all things (Note: The "Anointing" = the Spirit) (See: 1 John 2:27).

Meaning: We can ask God for the understanding on His Word, and He can freely give it to us. We are to buy the milk without price (Isaiah 55:1) (Note: This is unlike Bible schools that demand that you must learn from men in order to gain God's knowledge for a price).

Anyways, most importantly, 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV (Which is altered in Modern Translations) also tells us this:

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." (2 Timothy 2:15) (KJV).​

So if we are to study God's Word to show ourselves approved unto God, that means we have to do our part in understanding His Word.

I believe we also have to be pure in heart when we study His Word, too.
Meaning, we cannot have any ulterior motives or outside beliefs that may appear to be dark or wrong (that violate basic morality or the goodness of God) that is not exactly spelled out clearly in God's Word.

For Jesus said the pure in heart will see God (Matthew 5:8).
In other words,... "every word of God is pure" (Proverbs 30:5).

You quote James quite often! Are we to ignore Paul?

Rom. 4:3-5
3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

The purpose of the Parable of the Sower is to show the reader that they must accept not only the gospel for their salvation, but the whole counsel of God's Word. For a person who accepts Christ cannot later reject the Trinity or the Incarnation and be saved (When such a truth is revealed to them by Scripture). A person learns of the Trinity and the Incarnation by reading Scripture. The Trinity and the Incarnation are a part of the faith or our Bible. The Parable of the Sower applies to those who accepted the gospel, but yet, they reject the Trinity, or those who accepted Jesus as their Savior and yet they reject the Incarnation. I believe the same holds true for Sanctification (Living holy by God's power) as being a necessary part of salvation, as well (After we are saved by God's grace).

If a person accepts all of God's Word (the Bible) this will lead them to be fruitful for God's kingdom. God wants us to be fruitful by allowing Him to do the good work through us instead of justifying sin and being unfruitful.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
, I believe the "Parable of the Sower" is referring to accepting the whole counsel of God's Word

I love what you are saying here.

We all need the whole counsel of God, that’s for sure.

However, the parable of the Sower is about the Gospel message, not the Bible.

The word in the parable is the message of the kingdom of God, or the Gospel.

It is by believing the Gospel we are saved.

Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. Luke 8:12

For us to remain in Christ after we are saved, born again, we must heed His Commandments and Doctrine.

He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 1 John 2:4

again

Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us. 1 John 3:24

again

Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 2 John 9

Amen.

You have a great message, just wanted to give my two cents about the one little part about the sower.

Be blessed.

JLB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You quote James quite often! Are we to ignore Paul?

Rom. 4:3-5
3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Paul and James are in perfect agreement.

Yes. Accounted or accredited as righteousness.

This was fulfilled when Abraham obeyed God to offer his son Issac.

Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” And he was called the friend of God. You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only. James 2:21-24

JLB

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I love what you are saying here.

We all need the whole counsel of God, that’s for sure.

However, the parable of the Sower is about the Gospel message, not the Bible.

The word in the parable is the message of the kingdom of God, or the Gospel.

It is by believing the Gospel we are saved.

Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. Luke 8:12

For us to remain in Christ after we are saved, born again, we must heed His Commandments and Doctrine.

He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 1 John 2:4

again

Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us. 1 John 3:24

again

Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 2 John 9

Amen.

You have a great message, just wanted to give my two cents about the one little part about the sower.

Be blessed.

JLB

I believe the Parable of the Sower is talking about the Gospel message, AND our Continued belief in believing the whole counsel of God's Word.

For example: I believe that a person can be saved by Jesus by hearing the gospel message, and then later fall away by rejecting the truth in Scripture on the Trinity, or by their rejecting truth in Scripture on the Incarnation.

They hear the seed of the Word of God on the Trinity (Which is also for their salvation) and if they do not want to hear it (because they do not like it, or they cannot understand it) the enemy takes these words out of their heart and they cannot see those verses on the Trinity. It's as if the verses on the Trinity do not exist for them because they have rejected the truth of the Bible on this particular truth plainly revealed in His Word.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Parable of the Sower is about accepting the whole counsel of God's Word and not speaking against what His Word says plainly.

The word in this parable refers to the Gospel.

The New Testament wasn’t written yet for many decades.

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I believe the Parable of the Sower is talking about the Gospel message, AND our Continued belief in believing the whole counsel of God's Word.

Amen.

I agree we need to continue to obey Jesus as Lord, but that comes after we are saved, born again, regenerated and filled with His Spirit, to lead us and guide us.

JLB

Upvote 0