Re: what would you name your future children?

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I love the name Sofia / Sophia, too. It's an extremely popular name with little girls right now. My 7-year-old sister has several friends named Sophie, Sophia, and Sofia. It's such a classic that it will always be beautiful and stylish. It makes me think of pretty champagne bottles because of the line by Sofia Coppola. :)

I should probably make another thread but I'm too lazy, haha. I was wondering what the popular names are for kids at your school / college. Taylor, Emily, Alexis, Savannah, Madison, Mackenzie and Hannah are the most common girl names, and Tyler, Justin, Jake, Andrew and Alex are the most common guy names. Is your name common? Mine isn't at all for my age but it's suddenly become SUPER popular for babies.

Upvote 0

Zanyteen16

Mar 3, 2014
A Whole New World
✟7,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i don't really plan on having kids but i do like naming things. If I had a son I'd name him "Luke" so my husband can say "Luke I am your father." plus you can never go wrong naming your kid after a disciple. And as for daughter names I'd go with Ruth because she was a great woman of the Bible, that or Lidia.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If I have a son, his name will be Toby unless my wife is stubborn about it. If I have a daughter, maybe Lexi or something. I would do Alexis, since I like the name, but if I give her a name like Alexis she might not like it or something. So Lexi would be a good alternative.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Born2live4ever

Aug 13, 2009
California
Visit site
✟15,652.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Don't really wanna have kids, but I love the idea of screwing with gender norms, so I'd pick neutral names. Carter, Aidan, Evan, Reese, Joss, Dylan, Rylan. I love names that are a little different but not so strange that people wouldn't know how to spell them.

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Don't really wanna have kids, but I love the idea of screwing with gender norms, so I'd pick neutral names. Carter, Aidan, Evan, Reese, Joss, Dylan, Rylan. I love names that are a little different but not so strange that people wouldn't know how to spell them.

I love the name Joss, and few others seems to appreciate my enthusiasm for it. I think it's really lovely for a girl.

I actually have a best friend who is a girl named Dylan, and my boyfriend is also a Dylan. :) I also have a cousin who is a girl named Ryen, but pronounced the same as Ryan. My own name is the feminized version of a male name, but I go by a more feminine abbreviation of it.

Reactions: Butterfly99
Upvote 0

Born2live4ever

Aug 13, 2009
California
Visit site
✟15,652.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I love the name Joss, and few others seems to appreciate my enthusiasm for it. I think it's really lovely for a girl.

I actually have a best friend who is a girl named Dylan, and my boyfriend is also a Dylan. :) I also have a cousin who is a girl named Ryen, but pronounced the same as Ryan. My own name is the feminized version of a male name, but I go by a more feminine abbreviation of it.

I would be more likely to use Joss as a middle name than a first. I dunno. xP

Ryen sounds cool! It probably gets spelled Ryan all the time but that's a cool idea. My mom thought a cool gender neutral name would be to have like Aaron or Erin but spell it Aryn.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Do you like foreign names? I personally like Russian names like Vladimir and Anastasia, and Japanese versions of American names-like Samansa instead of Samantha.

Reactions: Butterfly99
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Butterfly99

Getting ready for spring break. Cya!
Oct 28, 2015
DC area
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you like foreign names? I personally like Russian names like Vladimir and Anastasia, and Japanese versions of American names-like Samansa instead of Samantha.

I like foreign names. I really like British names. I have a friend named Nicola & I love it. It's pronounced Nick-ol-la. Her parents are British. I like Pippa a lot too. Hamish is kinda cool but it would always be mispronounced.

Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

thehehe

Oct 19, 2015
France
✟127,953.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
What's the prettiest name you've heard lately? There's a new girl at my dance studio named Holland! I really like it!!!
"

Honestly I couldn't take seriously someone named Holland: for me Holland is a country (or at least an area) and mostly our president (everybody makes fun of him, so I really couldn't take seriously this name without laughing)

I love Hebrew or Greek names! Gabriel/Gabrielle or Timothée (Timothy in the English form. Both are names of two of my brothers), Raphaël/Raphaëlle, Aliénor (Eleanor), Apolline, Eléonore (Eleanor), Aurore, Simon, Augustin, Amaury, Maÿlis, Albane, Joseph among others :amen: But don't worry, I don't expect to have so many children!
I'm not really used to the English names, and I do not intend to give to my children (if any) a English name.

Upvote 0