re-vote Seventh Day Observance teachings rule

Is it ok to teach against keeping the seventh day?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

stone

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2005
Everywhere
✟73,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This poll is for all SDA's that are on the list of approved sda's with other icons and of course those of you that wear the SDA icon. Membership prior to 7-7-7 is a requirement.

Do you guys want to allow teachings that teach seventh day observance is not necessary? This would include teachings that attempt to explain that it is not necessary to keep the seventh day observance.

DarylFawcett

Ticket Support Manager
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2005
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟981,204.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
In order to challenge any voters, shouldn't this be a public poll?

Wouldn't it also be appropriate to inform us what prompted such a Poll in the first place?

By the way, I am not speaking against holding this Poll, but just asking what prompted you to create it?

Upvote 0

freeindeed2

In Christ We Are FREE!
Feb 1, 2007
A mile high.
✟79,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Incredible! Bury our heads in the sand, plug our ears and say "na na na na na". Let's all go back to the Puritan movement and wear buckles. Maybe we could start up the witch hunts again and burn people at the stake. Or do some good old book burnings.

Have any of you ever watched the movie 'The Village', and the one's we do not speak of? That movie symbolizes fundamentalist groups that make every effort to shut down or out anyone who opposes them. The problem was that everyone within the 'protective walls' still had a human nature and evil still existed within those walls. What in the world do you believe you will accomplish by doing the same here?

Absolutely incredible!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NightEternal

Evangelical SDA
Apr 18, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
✟6,539.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I was quite amused at the outrage and hysteria that followed Maco's posts. I can see the censorship mindset has already begun even before the rules are implemented. What are we so afraid of anyhow? Why not just simply disgree with Maco instead of demanding the thread be locked? Unbelievable. And just when I was about to respond to his posts. :|

I would like to know just where Maco would be able to post the results of his studies and have his thread run undisturbed under the new system? For those of us who are not afraid of having our faith paradigms challenged and thought he made some good points, there should be a place where we can engage him for ourselves. To hear what he has to say and make our own judgment call, without the self-appointed Office Of Doctrinal Purity swooping in and shutting the guy down with an iron fist before his personal views 'contaminate' us. Lord knows we need to be baby-sat, insulated and protected from different ideas, don't we? Like I have never heard some of the conclusions Maco has posted before, many times in my life, from SDA's in some form or another. :doh:

So, what about it? Debate forum? Or just the Prog forum? Or will he be forced to relinquish his SDA icon before he is able to post here any more?

Upvote 0

StormyOne

Senior Veteran
Aug 21, 2005
Alabama
✟5,866.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was quite amused at the outrage and hysteria that followed Maco's posts. I can see the censorship mindset has already begun even before the rules are implemented. What are we so afraid of anyhow? Why not just simply disgree with Maco instead of demanding the thread be locked? Unbelievable. And just when I was about to respond to his posts. :|

I would like to know just where Maco would be able to post the results of his studies and have his thread run undisturbed under the new system? For those of us who are not afraid of having our faith paradigms challenged and thought he made some good points, there should be a place where we can engage him for ourselves. To hear what he has to say and make our own judgment call, without the self-appointed Office Of Doctrinal Purity swooping in and shutting the guy down with an iron fist before his personal views 'contaminate' us. Lord knows we need to be baby-sat, insulated and protected from different ideas, don't we? Like I have never heard some of the conclusions Maco has posted before, many times in my life, from SDA's in some form or another. :doh:

So, what about it? Debate forum? Or just the Prog forum? Or will he be forced to relinquish his SDA icon before he is able to post here any more?
he will have to post in the progressive section....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
T

TrustAndObey

Incredible! Bury our heads in the sand, plug our ears and say "na na na na na". Let's all go back to the Puritan movement and wear buckles. Maybe we could start up the witch hunts again and burn people at the stake. Or do some good old book burnings.

Have any of you ever watched the movie 'The Village', and the one's we do not speak of? That movie symbolizes fundamentalist groups that make every effort to shut down or out anyone who opposes them. The problem was that everyone within the 'protective walls' still had a human nature and evil still existed within those walls. What in the world do you believe you will accomplish by doing the same here?

Absolutely incredible!

While I like you personally, you don't come off as a nice person on this forum sometimes.

Have you not noticed that when you put people on the defensive, they rarely listen to anything you have to say from that point forward?

If it is your intent to tell us that we're wrong, don't you think there are ways of doing that which don't involve constantly breaking the rules of our forum?

It's arrogant to continue posting in here when you know that it's against our current rules. I personally don't think it's very good Christian behavior. However, you know you can get away with it for a while longer, so I guess you should get it all off your chest while you can.

We're not the enemy Free. I know you've had some problems with Adventists in the past, and you LOVE to comment about it and encompass us in those generalizations, but......it's getting really old.

Why would it be okay to "teach" against God's commandment in a forum that uplifts the importance of God's law?

It's not like we don't hear it every single day out in the real world, do we really need to be badgered with it in our own forum? Do you really think you'll get anybody to change their mind about it by being rude to them and breaking the rules of Foru.ms?

It's a serious question...do you think you'll get any of us to change our minds? If not, what is the point of the insults?

Upvote 0

sentipente

Senior Contributor
Jul 17, 2007
Silver Sprint, MD
✟46,642.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
Here's what's so funny about this thread...

People constantly accuse Adventists of being obsessive about the 4th commandment and if you notice, we really aren't.
Do you know which Adventists they are referring to?

Upvote 0