Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Martin Luther thought anyone could read the Bible, interpret it, and understand it teachings. But there’s a YouTube video that proves him wrong.

Kristin Saylor and Jim O’Hanlon are the presenters in the subject video. Saylor is a female Episcopalian ‘priest’ and O’Hanlon is an Evangelical Lutheran Church Pastor. They’ve disproven Luther’s thesis because they clearly do not understand what the Bible teaches in regard to homosexuality.

Before going any further let me make this clear. This is not a personal attack against Saylor and O’Hanlon. They are most likely very nice, kind, caring human beings. But their interpretation of what Scripture says about homosexuality is anything but orthodox. And this is a problem because both are leaders of congregations that profess to believe in God’s truths. What’s more, they may be leading many others astray with their heterodox interpretations.

In 2015 Saylor and O’Hanlon made a “TEDx Talk” entitled “What the Bible says about homosexuality.” To date the video has over 2.4 million views and over 20,000 comments. And even though the talk is eight years old, quite a few of the comments are very recent. So it is still being viewed.

According to these two individuals, the Bible does not say sexual relations between two men or two women is sinful. The explanations and interpretations of Bible verses they offer to prove their contention are, however, incorrect and irrational. To put it politely, their interpretation of Scripture is way out there.

Continued below.

• Wow
Reactions: Mark Quayle

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I went to an Evangelical Lutheran Church to check it out and the Church I visited had their Bishop at the service to confirm their belief, that homosexuality was/is not a sin. Not bashing anyone but I never went back.

Upvote 0

PastorMike

Newry Christian Centre
Oct 11, 2005
Northern Ireland
Visit site
✟26,530.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
In 2019 I went on a trip to Israel, I stayed in a few different places but one of them was by the Dead Sea, one day I (we) went down to Sodom and Gomorrah and spent half a day exploring... you can still see the outlines of the buildings and they are still covered in ash, we even picked the sulfur out of the ash and set it alight...

My point being... Sodom and Gomorrah is still there, still covered in ash as a testimony...

Upvote 0

Markie Boy

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2017
United States
✟402,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is more to it than "can't interpret your bible". If we go down a few threads - the one on the God is trans in a Catholic parish - tells some of the story.

When I was in Catholicism I debated that we should not use music by several composers in the Oregon Catholic Press hymn book - because they were openly supporting this type of stuff. I argued with the choir leader, and the priest - but they had no problem with it. I lost.

I then talked to my old baptist pastor about it, and I know both he and the whole congregation would not let anything like that in the door.

The book - The Benedict Option - describes what's really going on today. He mentions that today we find that conservative Catholics, Orthodox, Lutherans, Baptists, etc., all have more in common with each other, than they do with many of the people in their own congregations at times. I know conservative Catholics and liberal Catholics, and some of them have very little in common, in values and morals.

Upvote 0

fide

Dec 9, 2012
✟127,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There is more to it than "can't interpret your bible". If we go down a few threads - the one on the God is trans in a Catholic parish - tells some of the story.

When I was in Catholicism I debated that we should not use music by several composers in the Oregon Catholic Press hymn book - because they were openly supporting this type of stuff. I argued with the choir leader, and the priest - but they had no problem with it. I lost.

I then talked to my old baptist pastor about it, and I know both he and the whole congregation would not let anything like that in the door.

The book - The Benedict Option - describes what's really going on today. He mentions that today we find that conservative Catholics, Orthodox, Lutherans, Baptists, etc., all have more in common with each other, than they do with many of the people in their own congregations at times. I know conservative Catholics and liberal Catholics, and some of them have very little in common, in values and morals.
The devil delights in sowing discord and division in any and every "denomination". Just as the political parties have Rinos and Dinos, so there are Cinos (Catholics in name only), and I suppose Pinos of many subtitles under the Protestant/non-Catholic name. I am a Catholic revert, have been a "born" Catholic, then a "former" Catholic wandering through many other names, then a "returned" Catholic - and now, in these painfully confused times of darkness, a "traditional" Catholic feeling "cancelled" by our Pope and local pastor.
But in my heart, I consider myself more Catholic than I ever before could have understood.

The Lord has entrusted the fullness of divine revelation of HimSelf, of Holy Truth, to one Church, which now and until He comes again, subsists in the Catholic Church. MANY have climbed in over the fence, having not entered in by the Gate - Jesus Christ. They are thieves and robbers - they are not shepherds of the sheep. We must endure and hold, tightly, to the Faith. He is coming soon.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟442,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Martin Luther thought anyone could read the Bible, interpret it, and understand it teachings. But there’s a YouTube video that proves him wrong.

Kristin Saylor and Jim O’Hanlon are the presenters in the subject video. Saylor is a female Episcopalian ‘priest’ and O’Hanlon is an Evangelical Lutheran Church Pastor. They’ve disproven Luther’s thesis because they clearly do not understand what the Bible teaches in regard to homosexuality.

Before going any further let me make this clear. This is not a personal attack against Saylor and O’Hanlon. They are most likely very nice, kind, caring human beings. But their interpretation of what Scripture says about homosexuality is anything but orthodox. And this is a problem because both are leaders of congregations that profess to believe in God’s truths. What’s more, they may be leading many others astray with their heterodox interpretations.

In 2015 Saylor and O’Hanlon made a “TEDx Talk” entitled “What the Bible says about homosexuality.” To date the video has over 2.4 million views and over 20,000 comments. And even though the talk is eight years old, quite a few of the comments are very recent. So it is still being viewed.

According to these two individuals, the Bible does not say sexual relations between two men or two women is sinful. The explanations and interpretations of Bible verses they offer to prove their contention are, however, incorrect and irrational. To put it politely, their interpretation of Scripture is way out there.

Continued below.
Peter was so severe in stating 'twisting it to their damnation'
And here we have an example as WHY and HOW that was spoken by Peter.

And it should be a verse contemplated for it's severity rather than ignored as it often is.

:crossrc:

Upvote 0