Ottawa, Ontario
✟18,046.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Think about what you are saying for a moment and then think about yourself. What kind of brainwashing do you think could be invented that could possibly turn you gay? What would it take? Advertisements? Endorsements? Gay inappropriate contentography? Subliminal messages? Liberal lectures?

I don't think sexual orientation works that way.

Lol, i don't know and do you really think i care? I am just describing what happened in my church. You can say whatever you like, but it was a real experience.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
People aren't used to seeing it, that is all. Most will live and let live... unless it is flaunted.
not that long ago the same was said about black people, just as long as they didn't get "uppity"

• Winner
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Bombarding people with images and ideas is using social influence to change people's beliefs, attitudes and behaviors...

We are to guard our minds from this type of influence which attempts to convince people that sin is positive. Certainly we shouldn't just isolate from the world, but we can minimize the more extreme and invasive measures meant to undermine our walk as Christians.
yeah it's hard to promote hate when a minority is seen as human beings

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,584.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
not that long ago the same was said about black people, just as long as they didn't get "uppity"
What is uppity? Flaunting their blackness like they are the new norm? Sharing the same entrances and water fountains? Or perhaps the demonstrations we have been seeing?

Upvote 0

marc b

Nov 2, 2020
Ottawa, Ontario
✟18,046.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
so counselors are not being imprisoned. I thought so

Cynical, as long as you professionals are safe lol. Of course you can dance around these legalese as that is your job. While untrained sincere christians in small churches, small private christian schools, even christian homes may find themselves in trouble. All it takes is a group with agenda hear a kids question was answered biblicaly. Then caring churches and loving parents can find themselves accused of conversion therapy. Worse their kids could be taken from them.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟963,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
...All it takes is a group with agenda hear a kids question was answered biblicaly. Then caring churches and loving parents can find themselves accused of conversion therapy. Worse their kids could be taken from them.

That's not what conversion therapy is.

Upvote 0

marc b

Nov 2, 2020
Ottawa, Ontario
✟18,046.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That's not what conversion therapy is.

It isn't. But with the law on their side and the vindictiveness they've accused christians in the last few years, this is another weapon that can be twisted against christians.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,584.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It isn't. But with the law on their side and the vindictiveness they've accused christians in the last few years, this is another weapon that can be twisted against christians.
Are they after equality or authourity?

• Agree
Reactions: marc b
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Cynical, as long as you professionals are safe lol. Of course you can dance around these legalese as that is your job. While untrained sincere christians in small churches, small private christian schools, even christian homes may find themselves in trouble.
are any of these people being imprisoned?

All it takes is a group with agenda hear a kids question was answered biblicaly. Then caring churches and loving parents can find themselves accused of conversion therapy. Worse their kids could be taken from them.
the proposed legislation you mentioned actually defines what is and what is not conversion therapy. Maybe you should read it.

Upvote 0

Llewelyn Stevenson

May 24, 2015
✟29,490.00
Faith
Pentecostal
You think a picture of a gay couple is oppressive?

No, quite frankly I can ignore it, and do. I was actually referring to the background of all this change in what we see that causes such a negative reaction.

Business has used whatever seems popular in the day and is never ashamed to show things that offend many, you and I won't change that. I don't have much to do with visual media and never have. I worked in the field for a while and decided, since they would not respect my views, I had no place there and left.

Upvote 0

Maimay

Jan 15, 2021
North York
✟23,239.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Slavery is what human species must experience when their awareness was still very limited. A few brighter and stronger minds were put before to guide others. Unfortunately, they were not ‘bright’ enough to understand that masters were to serve. These great and sacred spirits they simply were unable to possess until Jesus taught them. Hence the black, the poor and women had long been underestimated over a long period of time. Nowhere in the Bible taught us to look down on them, but all Jehovah had done was to seek fairness to them. If you say: “what about the ‘domination’ of a man that God put over a woman?’ That was because there is a necessary where a stronger mind needed to put before to guide a weaker mind. That is right in nature. This includes unmarried or independent women because they would perform the best only when they agreed to be guided directly by God. Women are more and more independent thanks to the nurture that God patiently offer to human beings. But domination is what very much the same as the way God ‘dominates’ us which is what God longs for us to be acknowledged about. It is the bright and great philosophy that a master must achieve. Anyway, this has nothing to do with looking down on, hatred or discrimination against. Nevertheless, the unclean status of every person is true. God emphasizes the importance of cleanliness for someone who expects to get close to Him is because of their safety, not because He hates them when they are unclean. It is the truth like thin paper cannot get close to fire. He repeatedly emphasizes the unclean cannot see Him because they would die. It was not because He would kill them, but they could not be still alive when they saw Him. Therefore during the time He needed to be with the Israelites closely, the cleanliness of a servant was important for his security. This is because of two reasons. The first reason is that the Israelites were getting very near God. And the second reason is because they were weak in mind. It is the fact that a weak mind can easily get irritated by the demand of the body. The stronger it is, the less it is controlled by the body. Again, God mentioned the unclean status of someone is a caution for their own safety when He reached them, not to cause any hatred or discrimination against. The unclean status of a woman who is in her period or of someone who is having some disease is not much different from the status of a man who has an emission. It was because of the nature of the status and God only wanted to keep them safe. Anyway, it is useful to emphasize again, the stronger the mind is, the less it is influenced by its physical status. Therefore, there are two facts that we could draw here. The first is the avoidance of women, the poor and the black was the product of the weakness of our ancients and they were not according to anything that was taught by God. The second is the unclean status of anyone among us is true and we need to aim at the cleanliness to reach God. While our ancients aimed at the physical cleanliness and what they were mostly able to serve God was physical, we stronger minds should aim at the mental cleanliness to reach Him. Our ancient tried to isolate themselves from the world because he believed that he could be clean alone. We are now aware that even the tiniest item in this universe has a close connection to all others so we would rather love each other. We are here to love and to share. But the core value and the righteousness cannot be compromised. “God created man in his image; in the divine image he created him; male and female he created them”, “the two of them become one body”, and “You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; such a thing is an abomination” are sacred. Again, I am not aiming at putting hatred or discrimination against anyone, I am here to talk about wealthy huge engines out there who do not worship anything rather than their money.

Upvote 0