✟23,239.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello everyone,

I intended to post this into a Canadian Christian forum. However, I haven't found one that is specifically for Canada yet. Therefore, allow me to post it here.

Royal Bank Canada has recently posted the following advertisement on their website:

You’ve Signed Out of Online Banking - RBC Royal Bank

As I've got an error while inserting an image, please follow the link above to see it.

I have asked them twice to remove this from my logging out page, they didn’t do anything. They even didn’t response to my second request and this raised a concern to me.

Although LGBTQ is not somewhat we may condemn on or reveal any discrimination against, it is not a new righteousness or a new “normal” that we are recommended to live with.

While we should care for everyone and even more for someone who is special, we cannot change something not right into a new standard of living. This does not help anyone. You cannot make someone think that they are not special simply by telling them that they are not special. And this doesn’t mean anything. I can live with my specialty. And they do, too. No one can blame on me or discriminate against me or against them because of my or their specialty. But righteousness is righteousness.

Anyway, I have explained to them that because of the big Christian community which contributes to more that 67% of the Canadian population, and they do not help to promote the faithfulness to the Bible, so please do not do something that damages it. This is obviously unfair.

I posted this letter for two reasons. The first reason is to ask you for your opinion. The second reason is that I would like you to recommend me another bank that I might switch to, as I don’t know which one can be my good choice.

Thank you very much.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    1,009.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
  • image.png
    image.png
    1,009.9 KB · Views: 7
  • image.png
    image.png
    1,009.9 KB · Views: 12

Palmfever

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2019
Hawaii
✟152,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The world is pushing the Queer lifestyle. However, you decide what to do. You will need to die to escape doing business with companies that are. Corporations can't exclude any lifestyle, it's bad business. Think of how it must have been for Lot.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,652.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is of satan. The push here in our country is deplorable. We have drag queens teaching gay stories to 5-year-olds. Media is saturated with gay imagery and news stories. I go to the cinema to watch a movie with my 7-year-old, and they are advertising gay families. My boss at work supports gay marriage and tells us it is not modern to not accept the gay lifestyle. We have Christian's and media personalities fined thousands of dollars for speak out about this problem. Now we have new laws being introduced that potentially criminalize any attempt to convert gays away from their life style, we can not even pray for a gay man who is consenting to prayer. I know God is wrathful about these things. If this is the end times then these things will continue, leading up to the revealing of the anti-Christ, who I believe will be a gay man.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If this is the end times then these things will continue, leading up to the revealing of the anti-Christ, who I believe will be a gay man.

Yeah, the gays are really going to to be what usher in the end times, and not all those centuries of oppression that straight, white, Christian men imposed on others who didn't look or believe like them.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Canada must be having a slow week if this is something worth even talking about. Meanwhile, south of Canada, we're dealing with actual problems--like fascists trying to destroy democracy.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Meanwhile, south of Canada, we're dealing with actual problems
Like no one saw that coming after years and years of intentional infighting and division. God warned about division within. The bed is made, sleep in it.

it is not a new righteousness or a new “normal” that we are recommended to live with.
Give anybody a foot in the door and equality soon turns into authourity. Look at the CBC. And there was a Canadian Christian site run by a major church but it got overtaken by the fringe groups thinking we had to let them flood in because God told us to love our neighbour. We were accepting. They then expected us to bow to their ideals and run the show so the site got shut down.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Llewelyn Stevenson

May 24, 2015
✟21,990.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Yeah, the gays are really going to to be what usher in the end times, and not all those centuries of oppression that straight, white, Christian men imposed on others who didn't look or believe like them.

One abomination following another will certainly not hinder the end. Why pile your sins up like a stinking rotten mess? The bigger the pile the sooner the end.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
One abomination following another will certainly not hinder the end. Why pile your sins up like a stinking rotten mess? The bigger the pile the sooner the end.

All other arguments to the side, it simply doesn't work that way.

When the disciples asked Jesus about the end of the world, He told them it wasn't their business to know the end. And I don't think that's changed in two thousand years.

"But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only." - Matthew 24:36

"He said to them, 'It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by his own authority.'" - Acts of the Apostles 1:7

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Llewelyn Stevenson

May 24, 2015
✟21,990.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Maimay, I understand your angst as I feel it too. There is a reverse oppression taking place in the world right now.

You can almost hear them saying, "Its your turn to suffer now."

I saw this in Zimbabwe after the africans got their independence or right to rule and I called it reverse racism. Now the world faces this through BLM.

Understand that this was predicted in the Bible [you will be surprised how much of what has happened over the years has been predicted in the Bible] and Jesus said it would happen so don't let it steal your joy.

Rather rejoice for you know by these things that he is coming soon so, look up for your redemption draws nigh.

I don't know if changing banks will help much and I don't live in Canada so can't advise you on that line.

Concerning these self-opinionated Americans, there were prophets of their own in the past who said they had visions from God showing people roaming the streets with AKs. This happened during this last election with Biden's support but none of them noticed how it fulfilled the prophetic picture of their own prophets. But when people rioted in support of Trump... how evil! One was individuals expressing their democratic right while the other is destructive to democracy. Go figure.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Llewelyn Stevenson

May 24, 2015
✟21,990.00
Faith
Pentecostal
All other arguments to the side, it simply doesn't work that way.

Actually, if you understand judgments it does. God waited until the sins of Sodom and Gomorrah were full before he judged them with fire, and the Israelites were 400 years in Egypt until the sins of the Canaanites were full. You can read it in the Bible.

• Agree
Reactions: RestoreTheJoy
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Actually, if you understand judgments it does. God waited until the sins of Sodom and Gomorrah were full before he judged them with fire, and the Israelites were 400 years in Egypt until the sins of the Canaanites were full. You can read it in the Bible.

What do either of those two things have to do with the Eschaton?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Replacing one evil with another is not the answer. If you want know why the USA is in such a mess, look no further than the decline of the Church. The Church is supposed to be salt, a preservative, and light, exposing evil and bringing people to truth. God hates sin because of what it does to the sinner, not only because it offends His holy nature. And it's not only the USA. Europe is equally a mess, only God knows what the UK will end up like and Australia is enduring hostility from it's main customer, China. It will get worse.

Upvote 0

Llewelyn Stevenson

May 24, 2015
✟21,990.00
Faith
Pentecostal
What do either of those two things have to do with the Eschaton?

-CryptoLutheran

Its the way judgment works. Follow through on the teaching of Jesus and the New Testament and you will see the pattern. Only the Father knows when he will decide enough is enough.

Rev 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
Rev 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
Rev 6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Do you know who the last fellowservant to be killed is? I certainly don't. It appears only God does, and he's waiting for it.

• Agree
Reactions: RestoreTheJoy
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,652.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Dan 11:37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

I say this because it is possible of the wording of Daniel 11:37 which describes the antichrist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Moral consistency isn't normally considered when gay people are the main focus in moral arguments.

It’d be better if they showed a couple with a blended family, with children from previous marriages. Or an interfaith couple.

Or a man who is twice divorced, currently in his third marriage to a former mistress, who had affairs with a inappropriate content star and a Playboy Bunny, later paid off these mistresses, and who proudly boasted how he could get away with inappropriately grabbing women between their legs because he's a celebrity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Its the way judgment works. Follow through on the teaching of Jesus and the New Testament and you will see the pattern. Only the Father knows when he will decide enough is enough.

Nope. That's just projecting what you want to be there.

Rev 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
Rev 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
Rev 6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Do you know who the last fellowservant to be killed is? I certainly don't. It appears only God does, and he's waiting for it.

Christ told us that in this world we will face tribulation, but to take heart because He has conquered the world. The victory of God has already been established, and it came through Christ who suffered, died, and rose again, who ascended into the heavens is seated at the right hand of the Father. As we live in this fallen world, there will continue to be problems--suffering, evil, wickedness.

The Lord will return when He returns, and not a moment sooner. St. John's vision in his Apocalypse here says nothing more and nothing less than this: Though we dwell in this world in which evil and injustice resides, God is patient and longsuffering. Thus, yes, even in those days such as John's when the Roman government made many martyrs out of the saints, the end was not yet. The time of bringing history to its ultimate conclusion when Christ returns in glory as judge of the living and the dead is God's business, and not our own.

We worship the God of mercy and forgiveness, who pours out His grace upon this fallen world of sinners, of which you and I are included, through the Gospel. He finds us, rescues us, and establishes peace between us and Himself. We worship the God of the Cross. He who poured out His life for the sake of sinners, is He who saves the world.

You're reading the story of Sodom and Gomorrah into the New Testament, and that's backward. You should be reading Jesus back into the Old Testament. The story of Sodom and Gomorrah is the story of contrast with Abraham's hospitality.

When the angelic visitors came to Abraham's camp, what does Abraham say and do? He welcomes them with open arms, and provides a feast for them as honored guests.

When those same angelic visitors came to Lot in the city of Sodom, what do we read? That the people of Sodom sought to bring harm to them.

That is the contrast here: God's instruction to the Jewish people in the Torah was that they were to welcome and feed the foreigner, to provide for the hungry and the poor. God established Israel as a welfare state to feed and clothe the poor, the hungry, the widow, the orphan, and the resident foreigner. The story of Abraham's hospitality is the example of this, and the story of Sodom is its stark contrast.

This is why the Prophet Ezekiel said that God's condemnation against Sodom was that they were wealthy and with an abundance of food; but they despised the poor and the needy, acting abominably.

If you were really concerned with judgment a la Sodom and Gomorrah you would be concerned about things like wealth inequality, poverty, and matters of injustice against the weak, the poor, the hungry, and the disenfranchised--the things God cares about.

But the story of Sodom and Gomorrah isn't that God will smite evil societies if they happen to become "bad enough". The story of Sodom and Gomorrah is that God wants His people to be a people of hospitality, compassion, and justice.

And so what of injustice? What of in-hospitality? What of the sheer volume of wickedness that does exist? What is God's answer to sinners?

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only-begotten Son, that whosoever trusts in Him should not perish, but have life everlasting." - John 3:16

"God demonstrates His love toward us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us." - Romans 5:8

"This is a trustworthy saying worthy of full acceptance, that Christ came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am foremost." - 1 Timothy 1:15

Listen to Christ, "And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil." (John 3:19)

The Law already judges and condemns each and every single one of us sinners.

"The very commandment that promised life proved to be death to me." - Romans 7:10

For this reason none can be just according to the Law, and so God who "consigned all to disobedience in order that He might have mercy on all" (Romans 11:32) in His great mercy, has made peace through Jesus Christ.

That does not mean that we will not all have to stand and give account, for there is that Day, about which no one knows, when Christ returns and all must stand before the Judge and give account for every thought, word, and deed. That is the Judgment that comes in the end, the Last Judgment. When all must face the reality of the lives they lived.

That's you, that's me, that's everyone.

You will face that Judgment the same as anyone else.

God is not in the business of smiting the people you don't like. Rather, "He sends His rain upon both the just and the unjust" (Matthew 5:45) and "He is kind to the thankless and the wicked" (Luke 6:35).

You, O sinner, are not without excuse.
You are not above the condemnation that falls upon all under the Law.
You have nothing upon which you can boast.

Judgment falls upon all.

"Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin. There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit." - Romans 7:24-25 - 8:1-4

Therefore, you have nothing but the Gospel. That is the only thing you and I have.

We are but beggars.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Dan 11:37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

I say this because it is possible of the wording of Daniel 11:37 which describes the antichrist.

But Daniel 11:37 isn't talking about a future antichrist. Daniel 11:37 is talking Aniochus IV Epiphanes, the ruler of the Seleucid Empire. The conflict between the king of the north and king of the south is the historical conflict between the Seleucids and Ptolemies in a series of conflicts known as the Syrian Wars.

Syrian Wars - Wikipedia

Note the title which Antiochus IV was titled, Ἐπιφανής (Epiphanes), a surname he took upon himself to declare his own "manifest" divinity. Therefore he, "did not regard the god(s) of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god" all three of these are references to pagan gods.

"the gods of his fathers" -- probably the Greek pantheon.
"the desire of women" -- probably a reference to the cult of Tammuz
"nor regard any god" -- self explanatory

-CryptoLutheran

• Informative
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Replacing one evil with another is not the answer. If you want know why the USA is in such a mess, look no further than the decline of the Church. The Church is supposed to be salt, a preservative, and light, exposing evil and bringing people to truth. God hates sin because of what it does to the sinner, not only because it offends His holy nature. And it's not only the USA. Europe is equally a mess, only God knows what the UK will end up like and Australia is enduring hostility from it's main customer, China. It will get worse.

I wasn’t proposing an “answer.” I was pointing out the absurdity of thinking that the gays are what’s going to usher in the rapture when all of the other atrocities throughout history weren’t bad enough. This perspective belies a bad theology based on politics, fearmongering, and an ignorance of history.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
We have simply gone beyond the days when simple equality was all that was asked. Where people were free to embrace their heritage but remain loyal to their present home. Now that rights have replaced acting responsibly, equality is out the window and authoritarianism is the new trend. 'Fringe' does not want to be equal to the 'norm' in this cyber age but wants the 'norm' to become equal to them. A real David vs Goliath undertaking which is making headway... until a time when the great majority in the centre put both right and left fringes back in their place and remind them the internet is not the real world..

Upvote 0