WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Here's another crazy WW thread dedicated to the underrated (to me) topic of rare and obscure recordings of music, which includes music that has been lost for years and finally rediscovered (or in some cases, discovered for the first time). I don't know, this stuff just intrigues me as I like to casually study music and search for things that I'm sure not many people think to look for. Plus, I have found some of the most interesting stuff (including music) by accident while searching for something else, and the following video is such an example.

Okay... so, Wikipedia has this page of unusual articles under varying categories. I did not know about this page until I happened upon Wendover Productions, an educational (and at the same time entertaining) Youtube channel. Some of the videos were based on topics found on this list, and these videos led me to search Wikipedia for that list. On the list, under the music category, was an entry for a song entitled Ready n' Steady. The reason this particular piece is so intriguing to me is that it was listed at #106 on the Billboard ("Bubbling Under the Hot 100") chart in 1979, yet nobody could locate (or had even heard) this recording, or even prove its existence until 2016, just a couple of years ago. The story behind it is one worthwhile to read. Here are some links about it.

https://www.revolvy.com/main/index.php?s=Ready+'n'+Steady&item_type=topic

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/da-ready-n-steady/

I would post the video, but the only one I can find contains a thumbnail with a word that some here may consider a swear even though I do not (it was the name of the radio program that featured the newly-located recording in its entirety). However, it can easily be found by typing "ready n steady da" in the Youtube search bar, and it is the video right on the top. It can't be missed!

If anyone can think of anything similar to this, please feel free to share the info here. I would like to know about it! :)