• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Rape Victum

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 21, 2005
✟19,742.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I am so sorry that you have had this terrible experience. Going to counseling will probably be difficult at first, but I sincerely believe that it will help your wounds heal. God loves us so much, and when we are dealt blows by the enemy, we often have a lot of questions and doubt. Grief is frightening, but it is a way of recognizing loss. My prayer is that God will help you deal with all the issues that arise from this awful situation. The rapist carries the shame, not you. God bless you, and send me a PM if you need someone to communicate with about this. :crossrc:

Upvote 0

Rossi

And I Still Havent Found What Im Looking For
Sep 17, 2004
Hong Kong
Visit site
✟17,233.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Rape makes me so mad.It makes my stomach churn when i hear about it.Im sorry it had to happen to you.Pray that God will heal you of your mental scars and he will.Dont hold back in times of worship.Draw near to him and he will draw near to you.

Upvote 0

keeptrying

Save a Life....Spay and Neuter!
Jun 4, 2005
North Carolina
✟7,775.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Karli_romans828 said:
I am a Rape victim and i am suppose to start counciling but i just cant do it. How can i live in a town where he lives, i just want to get out i want help i want support and most of all i want the pain and anger to go away!

Karli, Please go to counseling and if you can find some kind of a rape victims meeting I would recommend going. It helps to talk to others who have been where you are at, I know you feel alone but you are not, you can call the hospitals in the area and ask if they know of a group. You did nothing wrong and the feelings you are having are normal. I will be praying for you.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This happened to you for a reason. I know you're angry about it, but you can find strength in it. You can use it to fight against rape and to help counsel other rape victims....lead them to the Lord. Take strength in the idea that you can now associate with other girls with the same problem.

Upvote 0

Linnis

Legend
Jun 27, 2005
✟30,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Karli_romans828 said:
I am a Rape victim and i am suppose to start counciling but i just cant do it. How can i live in a town where he lives, i just want to get out i want help i want support and most of all i want the pain and anger to go away!

Sexual assult is very hard to get over even more so without some form of support.

www.rainn.org, you can find a group in your area which could help you find treatment and maybe even going to the police and reporting it.

Anger is very natural and instead of viewing it as a bad thing use it to enpower yourself, to help yourself get the help you need.

I found this site www.dancinginthedarkness.com very helpful and have been an active member of the message board for a while now. Those ladies are all very educated and will help you the best they can. If you are strong enough, you can go take a look.

Hugs & prayers.

Upvote 0

all things through Christ

Jul 7, 2005
Tucson / Arizona
✟16,046.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Karli_romans828 said:

First, you don't need couseling (however you spell that)! Other people CANNOT help you with your emotional/spiritual problems that arise after sexaul abuse. Let me repeat counciling is a foolish idea! No one is going to completely understand how you feel or be able to help you, YOU CAN'T REASON YOUR WAY INTO FEELING BETTER! The only way is to turn to God. Why would you have to be raped in the first place? May I suggest to bring you closer to God? It can completely prepare your heart for growth in Christ. Seek Him, meditate to listen, and read His Word. Also spending time with Spirit-filled Christians (especially helping others, like missions trips) and people who want to seek God is a must, it is very difficult to have a good relationship with Him without other people, because with other people you get to see His joy in them, the work that he does, and fellowship (Paul talks about why fellowshiping with others with God is important; some reasons are encouragement, rebuke, getting someone up when they fall down...). By nature we are decieved and question God's existence; read His Word, take note of truths you do not believe in there (wanting to believe, thinking you believe, and knowing that it is true because it is the Bible is different than experiencing the truth) and ask Him to show you the truth! Know Him, ask for understanding and guidance, then you will learn to love Him and accept His love.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

in2Nas

...using the brain God gave me.
Jul 7, 2005
New Mexico
✟16,039.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Karli_romans828 said:

Karli, the counseling will be hard and difficult because it going to force you to talk about the incident, "him", and your feelings. I know you want to avoid these sessions, but if you don't, this experience will haunt you until you confront them. The thing to remember is, no matter what, it was not your fault. Good luck.:crossrc:

Upvote 0

flautist

Little Princess
Jul 2, 2005
✟8,599.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Green
Linnis said:
Sexual assult is very hard to get over even more so without some form of support.

www.rainn.org, you can find a group in your area which could help you find treatment and maybe even going to the police and reporting it.

Anger is very natural and instead of viewing it as a bad thing use it to enpower yourself, to help yourself get the help you need.

I found this site www.dancinginthedarkness.com very helpful and have been an active member of the message board for a while now. Those ladies are all very educated and will help you the best they can. If you are strong enough, you can go take a look.

Hugs & prayers.

hey, I'm a member of AS, too! I haven't been active in a while... been taking a little break.

To the OP: One thing you must realize about counseling is that it is not right for everyone. I have never been to counseling, and I know there are a few people on AS that haven't, either. However, it is important to seek support and talk about it, and if counseling is your only way of doing that, then by all means, do whatever you can to go.

If you need to talk, AS is a great place! My PM box is always open here, too.

*safe hugs*

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.