Rand Paul : Trump's children should sue Schumer for defamation

Is Schumer going to end up getting himself into trouble?

• Yes

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • Politicians seem to be untouchable

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
https://nypost.com/2020/01/27/trump-lawyers-hunter-bidens-burisma-job-reason-enough-to-seek-probe/

President Trump’s impeachment defense team late Monday painstakingly scrutinized Hunter Biden’s high-paying job at Burisma, arguing that President Trump was right to be concerned about corruption involving the Ukrainian energy company for giving such a position to the then-vice president’s under-qualified son.

Trump lawyer Pam Bondi, the former Florida attorney general, linked Joe Biden’s official role with his son’s reported $50,000-a-month position on Burisma’s board.
Hunter Biden is a lawyer. There are plenty of lawyers who make that kind of money ...

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟217,090.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Targeting the families of politicians has unfortunately become a status quo over the past decade, so for Rand to pretend to show outrage about questioning Trump family members, while seeming to not have an issue going after the Bidens, shows a great inconsistency on his part.

Not sure why you'd say that. You have very clear items which raise questions about Biden and his son. His son receiving LARGE sums of money from a company his father the VP ordered the firing of a prosecutor investigating that company. That doesn't scream out of conflict of interests? Where do you have anything similar with Trump or sons?

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does anyone believe Hunter Biden to be innocent?
Republicans have had years to uncover any wrongdoing by Hunter or Joe ... and have come up with nothing.

Giuliani, his henchmen, and even Barr have gone overseas searching for something to incriminate the Bidens. There really must not be anything to find.
Did not even he himself say that he had made some mistakes?
Hasn't everyone ? Hunter admitted that the appearance ... and trading on his name was not the best course.
It ain't over, it's just began.
Oh, it's over ... believe me ...

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not sure why you'd say that. You have very clear items which raise questions about Biden and his son. His son receiving LARGE sums of money from a company his father the VP ordered the firing of a prosecutor investigating that company. That doesn't scream out of conflict of interests? Where do you have anything similar with Trump or sons?
The truth is that the fired prosecutor had already accepted a bribe to suspend his investigation into Burisma's owner (i.e. not the company) ... before Hunter ever joined the company.

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Skewpoint

Jul 11, 2019
USA
✟72,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
A Trumper complaining about conflict of interest. Classic ^_^

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Republicans have had years to uncover any wrongdoing by Hunter or Joe ... and have come up with nothing.

Giuliani, his henchmen, and even Barr have gone overseas searching for something to incriminate the Bidens. There really must not be anything to find.

Hasn't everyone ? Hunter admitted that the appearance ... and trading on his name was not the best course.

Oh, it's over ... believe me ...

This all was hush hush for a long time.
Brother Joe sure gets mad
when the subject is brought up.
Is that a guilty kind of mad?
M

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
https://nypost.com/2020/01/27/trump-lawyers-hunter-bidens-burisma-job-reason-enough-to-seek-probe/

President Trump’s impeachment defense team late Monday painstakingly scrutinized Hunter Biden’s high-paying job at Burisma, arguing that President Trump was right to be concerned about corruption involving the Ukrainian energy company for giving such a position to the then-vice president’s under-qualified son.

Trump lawyer Pam Bondi, the former Florida attorney general, linked Joe Biden’s official role with his son’s reported $50,000-a-month position on Burisma’s board.

Would that be the same Pam Bondi who was investigating Trump University for the state of Florida right up until she received a $25,000 donation from the Trump Foundation, and then stopped investigating Trump University?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The truth is that the fired prosecutor had already accepted a bribe to suspend his investigation into Burisma's owner (i.e. not the company) ... before Hunter ever joined the company.

That's the truth... but we're not allowed to know that.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Would that be the same Pam Bondi who was investigating Trump University for the state of Florida right up until she received a $25,000 donation from the Trump Foundation, and then stopped investigating Trump University?

Why yes, I do believe it is...

Upvote 0

zippy2006

Dragonsworn
Nov 9, 2013
✟245,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'd argue that that China agreeing to give Ivanka 7 trademarks, around the exact same time as Trump vowing to help a Chinese telecomm company from going bust (even though even though the company has a history of violating American limits on doing business with countries like Iran and North Korea) constitutes justification for looking into Ivanka as much as looking into the Hunter Biden/Burisma connection.

I would have to do more digging, but given the fact that she doesn't even receive a government salary I don't think it is the same.

The truth is, every son/daughter of a prominent politician has reaped benefits of the family name.

From Ron Reagan Jr (not being a particularly insightful political commentator), to Chelsea Clinton (winning a slew of awards despite not being particularly great at anything), to Jenna Bush get publishing deals (as a mediocre author at best) are all the result of who their parents are/were.

None of these cases even involve employment.

No matter how you slice it, being born into the direct lineage of a prominent political family has its advantages in both life an business. I'm a .net Technical Lead for a 300 million dollar a year company...if I were a president's son, I'd probably be the Chief Technical Officer for a Fortune 500 company. That's just the way it works...

I don't find your case very strong. Jenna Bush received a publishing deal...? A name can be helpful, but the allegations against Biden are not comparable to receiving a book deal because you were the President's daughter.

Now if Schumer has a case and this isn't economical defamation then that's fine, but I actually would like to see some defamation lawsuits and holding representatives to a higher level of accountability. Let's dust off the laws against slander.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

zippy2006

Dragonsworn
Nov 9, 2013
✟245,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
They would have to sue Schumer in DC or Schumer's home state of New York, both of which are progressive courts.
So yeah, let the Trump kids knock themselves out, spending tons of money on legal fees, and deservedly losing.

Lol. First you say they would lose because of a progressive court, then you say the loss would be deserved. You managed to contradict yourself in a mere two sentences. :oldthumbsup:

• Agree
Reactions: Mathetes66
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I would have to do more digging, but given the fact that she doesn't even receive a government salary I don't think it is the same.

Who needs a salary when you can make more money under the table?[/QUOTE]

• Agree
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,092,202.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Lol. First you say they would lose because of a progressive court, then you say the loss would be deserved. You managed to contradict yourself in a mere two sentences. :oldthumbsup:
LOL. A progressive court would favor Schumer. Not only because of the First Amendment, but because New Yorkers were jumping with joy when Trump decided to move to Florida. Remember that you've only had to put up with Trump for 3 or 4 years, but New Yorkers have seen him for 30. They had his number for years. That is why he lost Manhattan in 2016 by 85 to 15%

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist

So, Biden's kid made $50K a month or $6 million a year.

Trump's kids made substantially more.

Bloomberg reports that Jared, together with his wife, Ivanka Trump, earned between $28.8 million and $135.1 million in outside income while working as an adviser to President Donald Trump last year, according to financial disclosures released by the White House on Friday. While Ivanka’s income from her defunct fashion line, which she shuttered in July, was down to at least $1 million from at least $5 million the previous year, she managed to make up for it in other ways. The filings note that the first daughter, who said in an interview in February that “most Americans, in their heart, [don’t] want to be given something.… People want to work for what they get,” made $4 million from her father’s Washington hotel. (You know, the one where foreign governments and other interested parties know to stay if they want to grease the wheels.)

Javanka, Who “Sacrificed” Everything to Work for Trump, Made $135M in 2018

But, of course, we're supposed to believe the Trump's (who have been caught self dealing from their charities and had to close their sham university) are on the up-and-up.

Give me a break.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Informative
Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Ah yes, Trump's fraudulent university scam. He was legally forced to pay a $25 million settlement.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Don Jr is 42 and has 5 children. Ivanka is 38 and has 3 children. Eric is 36 and has 2 children. All of them campaign politically for their father and in Ivanka’s case hold positions in the White House. Don’t you think it’s a bit laughable to talk about them as ‘children’ and suggest they should somehow be off limits, when they spend large parts of their lives deliberately choosing to be part of their fathers political life?
Someone actually reported me for criticizing Don Jr - I was told not to criticize "children". :rolleyes:

Upvote 0