Radiohead fans unite!!!

D

DMBfanLongliveStrongBad!

no way... radiohead is totally overrated. tom's voice is so annoying. coldplay is a much better alternative. i don't care what people say, chris martin can sing way better. Musically, they might not be as far along, but i can't stand tom's voice. it gives me a headache.
and to answer your question, no, U2 is way better.

can someone please explain why everyone is so into radiohead. everyone says their music is amazing but when i hear it, it just sounds monotonous. a few songs from the bends are ok, and a few from ok computer.

Upvote 0

nadroj1985

A bittersweet truth: sum, ergo cogito
Dec 10, 2003
Lexington, KY
✟15,543.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
DMBfanLongliveStrongBad! said:
no way... radiohead is totally overrated. tom's voice is so annoying. coldplay is a much better alternative. i don't care what people say, chris martin can sing way better. Musically, they might not be as far along, but i can't stand tom's voice. it gives me a headache.
and to answer your question, no, U2 is way better.

can someone please explain why everyone is so into radiohead. everyone says their music is amazing but when i hear it, it just sounds monotonous. a few songs from the bends are ok, and a few from ok computer.

Thom's voice gives you headaches? The music sounds monotonous? Coldplay is better? Are we listening to the same band? I honestly think that Thom's voice is brilliant (the best at conveying emotion in rock music today as far as I'm concerned). And the music....ah the music.....so subtle and yet cathartic, so moving and with lyrics so thought provoking. I like Coldplay too, but they are simply a fun pop band, especially when compared to Radiohead. I really don't see much of a comparison between the two; Radiohead is much more experimental.

Upvote 0

theFijian

Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
West of Scotland
Visit site
✟63,625.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Radiohead set a benchmark with OK Computer that nobody else (including themslelves in my opinion) has managed to match. Since then however they've written material which is much less commercial so people find them difficult to listen to (or perhaps monotonous). I think that Radiohead are like that slightly strange arthouse movie you really have to pay attention to when you're watching, or indeed watch a couple of times. They take a bit of effort on your part as the listener which makes them all them all the more rewarding.

Where I end and you Begin from Hail to the Thief is amazing too. Live it is awsome, a bit like National Anthem.

cheers,
Andy

Upvote 0

Mort

Jan 24, 2004
WA
✟7,660.00
Faith
Protestant
Personally, I think Radiohead is awesome. I also like Yes, and they're considered "progressive rock" which a lot of people can't get into.

If someone doesn't like or understand Radiohead, let 'em. That's their preference. I can't stand a lot of metal bands. Someone else would tell me that a particular metal band is brilliant and I'd think they've lost their mind. It all depends on what you like.

My favorite album is OK Computer. Then The Bends and Kid A. My least favorite would be Pablo Honey.

A favorite song would be hard to pick. Nearly anything from OK Computer, or maybe Bullet Proof...I Wish I Was, or How to Disappear Completely. Seems nearly every time I listen, I find a new favorite song.

Upvote 0

nadroj1985

Dec 10, 2003
Lexington, KY
✟15,543.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
theFijian said:
Radiohead set a benchmark with OK Computer that nobody else has managed to match. Since then however they've written material which is much less commercial so people find them difficult to listen to (or perhaps monotonous). I think that Roadiohead are like that slightly strange arthouse movie you really have to pay attention to when you're watching, or indeed watch a couple of times. They take a bit of effort on your part as the listener which makes them all them all the more rewarding.

Where I end and you Begin from Hail to the Thief is amazing too. Live it is awsome, a bit like National Anthem.

cheers,
Andy

Yeah I agree with you. Radiohead requires a bit more concentration than some other bands (Coldplay is a great example). I have learned that the music I have to work hardest to appreciate can be some of the most satisfying music for me. However, while Kid A and Amnesiac may be a bit more "difficult," there's no way they measure up with OK Computer.

You like "Where I End and You Begin"? I mean it's not bad, but one of my least favorites on Hail to the Thief. I'm more of an "I Will," "Scatterbrain," and "2+2=5" fan myself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nadroj1985

Dec 10, 2003
Lexington, KY
✟15,543.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
wonder111 said:
I think live is where you get the very best of Radiohead

I've yet to be able to see Radiohead live. I'm sure it would be a great experience. Hopefully they will start up another North American tour soon and then I can check it out.

Upvote 0

theFijian

Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
West of Scotland
Visit site
✟63,625.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
nadroj1985 said:
You like "Where I End and You Begin"? I mean it's not bad, but one of my least favorites on Hail to the Thief. I'm more of an "I Will," "Scatterbrain," and "2+2=5" fan myself.
I was perhaps a bit hasty in singling out 'Where I end....' but I do think it's a great song. I think it has a kind of cinematic scope, I find it quite atmospheric. I think Myxomatisos is a great song too, I love the jerky beat. All time favourite could be Let Down off OK Computer and although Creep was the first song I heard and alerted me to their potential High and Dry was the song which had me sold. Idioteque i my favourite from the Kid A/Amnesiac phase.

Andy

Upvote 0