Rachael Doleza and Catilyn Jenner; what's the difference?

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Rachael Doleza is a white lady who says she identifies racially as black, and has even passed as black. Every time I see her on TV everybody seems to vilify her and act as if she is a fraud. Yet when Bruce Jenner claimed to identify as a woman, and is currently living as a woman; even to the point of changing his name to Caitlyn he is held up as a hero even to the point of ESPN presenting the Author Ashe courage award. Why? Why is Rachael Doleza vilified and Caitlyn praised? What’s the difference?
Ken

tulipbee

Worker of the Hive
Apr 27, 2006
✟25,849.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There was another story of a woman that felt like a blind person, even though she could see. In the end she actually blinded herself and was pretty happy about it.

If there is a difference between all these cases I struggle to see it.
And she got disability while we pay the taxes for it. The taxes gives her monthly payments, food stamps and healthcare. We all paid them. The government needs to eliminate marriages all together and let the churches handle the real marriages.

Upvote 0

Skaloop

Agnostic atheist, pro-choice anti-abortion
May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
And she got disability while we pay the taxes for it. The taxes gives her monthly payments, food stamps and healthcare. We all paid them. The government needs to eliminate marriages all together and let the churches handle the real marriages.

Are you suggesting that my marriage isn't real?

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
What on earth does marriage have to do with this conversation?

Ken

Reactions: Locutus
Upvote 0

ecco

Poster
Sep 4, 2015
Florida
✟5,011.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Rachael Doleza is a white lady who says she identifies racially as black, and has even passed as black. Every time I see her on TV everybody seems to vilify her and act as if she is a fraud. Yet when Bruce Jenner claimed to identify as a woman, and is currently living as a woman; even to the point of changing his name to Caitlyn he is held up as a hero even to the point of ESPN presenting the Author Ashe courage award. Why? Why is Rachael Doleza vilified and Caitlyn praised? What’s the difference?
Ken
One, Rachael Doleza, is based on a desire; one, Caitlyn, is based on biology.

That aside, many people criticized Rachael Doleza, because she pretended to be something she was not for her own agenda. Caitlyn, for many years, pretended to be something she was not, causing her great mental anguish. It is no different than born homosexuals pretending to be straight.

Upvote 0

Skaloop

Agnostic atheist, pro-choice anti-abortion
May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
Tell us about your marriage and I'll tell you if it's real

I'm married. To a woman I love and who loves me. I think even that is too much to say, as we are married according to every measure of what constitutes marriage. I don't see any way in which our marriage would not be real.

Upvote 0

tulipbee

Worker of the Hive
Apr 27, 2006
✟25,849.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm married. To a woman I love and who loves me. I think even that is too much to say, as we are married according to every measure of what constitutes marriage. I don't see any way in which our marriage would not be real.
I wonder what marriages mean to those that planned not to have children

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paradoxum

Liberty, Equality, Solidarity!
Sep 16, 2011
✟28,188.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Feeling female makes more sense, since there are (generally) some mental and (significant) physical differences between men and women.

Imagine a female brain in a male body. There might be issues.

I really don't care if a white person claims to be black though... unless it's based on stereotypes.

Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

That aside, many people criticized Rachael Doleza, because she pretended to be something she was not for her own agenda. Caitlyn, for many years, pretended to be something she was not, causing her great mental anguish. It is no different than born homosexuals pretending to be straight.
Well said.

Upvote 0

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟937,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Biology? Chromosomes don't change. It's still a guy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Crowns&Laurels

Jul 11, 2015
✟6,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

"Born homosexuals".
Like Antoine, who just became heterosexual. Or Jenner, "born a woman"- but spent 60 years of his life as a father and husband.

I like how this "fact" that people are innately born with these things are only actually backed by the demand for it to be true. All the "evidence" that doesn't exist proves it :scratch:

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

That aside, many people criticized Rachael Doleza, because she pretended to be something she was not for her own agenda.
How do you know it was just an agenda? How do you know this isn't what she was actually feeling inside?

Caitlyn, for many years, pretended to be something she was not, causing her great mental anguish. It is no different than born homosexuals pretending to be straight.
What was it about Bruce Jenner's biology that caused him to want to be a woman? Isn't it all mental?

Ken

Last edited:
Reactions: Locutus
Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Feeling female makes more sense, since there are (generally) some mental and (significant) physical differences between men and women.

Imagine a female brain in a male body. There might be issues.
What would those issues be? I realize many segments of society impose gender roles, but who says you have to go along with those roles if you don't want to?

Ken

Upvote 0

ecco

Poster
Sep 4, 2015
Florida
✟5,011.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
"Born homosexuals".
Like Antoine, who just became heterosexual. Or Jenner, "born a woman"- but spent 60 years of his life as a father and husband.

I like how this "fact" that people are innately born with these things are only actually backed by the demand for it to be true. All the "evidence" that doesn't exist proves it :scratch:

Evidence and proof mean little to you. You have shown, in many of your posts that you disbelieve those parts of science that go against your religious beliefs.

Upvote 0