• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Questions...

FaithfulWife

Faithful wife to one
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Pacific Northwest
Visit site
✟63,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Lelagracia~

May I give you a little hug? :hug: I'm sorry we have to meet here, but I'm glad you've found somewhere where it's safe to talk about it.

It depends if you want a "definition of rape according to criminal law" or if you want to know my opinion.

According to the legal law, there are varying degrees of sexual assault--which encompasses "rape." There's touching someone against their will; there's forcing someone to do something sexual via a threat (like yelling and screaming or threatening to hurt them or their pet); and there's forcing someone to do something sexual using a weapon. "Doing something sexual" does not need to be intercourse. It can mean the person making you touch them or the person making you let them touch you. It can mean other sexual things too such as oral or masturbating. Finally, there can be a situation where a person is not ABLE to consent due being mentally incapable, passed out, drunk or drugged, etc. All of those things would count in the term "rape" but not all would be the legal definition in a court of law. Make sense?

The way I've always defined it is that sex between two people should be in a committed relationship (ideally). At minimum it should be consensual between two adults who are sober and able to willingly agree to it! I personally have always said, "If you are not an adult, not sober, or not willingly agreeing--then I count it as a sexual violation!" But that doesn't always mean it could be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt in court--ya know? So if you feel like you were forced to do something you weren't willing to do...or if you were pressured...or if you weren't really sober--then I would count that, sweetie.

Hope this helps! I'm here if you need to ask more.

~Faithful

Upvote 0
S

SearchingSister

Warning: Trigger

I don't know how it works in America, but here in Australia, in a legal sense that would be rape. Penetration of any kind (eg. tongue, fingers, object) all count as rape. If it was performing oral sex on them, it would be indecent assault which is still a serious violation of your rights. I hope you are doing ok and have been talking about this with someone

Upvote 0

LikelyUnworthy

LiL Bitty City Girl
Oct 2, 2003
Cleveland, Ga
Visit site
✟7,765.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes honey!!! I am a child abuse survivor. I survived 4 years of every aspect of rape that is out there. Forcing anyone to do any type of sexual act is considered rape. If you ever need ANYONE to talk to, please feel free to contact me. I know its a hard thing to accept, i am still dealing with that aspect myself. But know that I am hear to listen if you ever just want to talk. Love to you dear. Peace. Shayna

Upvote 0

Pure_Heart

Psalm 24:4-5 (KJV)
Jul 20, 2008
USA
✟16,328.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Yes! It is sexual abuse when you are forced to do anything sexually against your will even if it means being forced to watch inappropriate contentographic movies against your will.

Ask God to remove it from you and to purify your mind, heart and spirit. God will, if you ask Him to! He did it for me! He can do it for you!

Upvote 0