Questions for Messianic Jews

Higher Truth

Nov 9, 2002
✟1,257.00
Faith
Messianic
Charles,

Do not misunderstan me, as I totally agree with the 'true' doctrine of Messianic Judaism. What I disagree with is the false doctrine that others have brought in to try and steer the Messianic movement to promote their own doctrine. There is much of this going on, especially on the internet. I am not 'attacking' Shimon, I am merely stating my opinion to other members of the Messianic forum. I have personally enjoyed many of the posts and discussion.

Upvote 0

Higher Truth

Nov 9, 2002
✟1,257.00
Faith
Messianic
Charles,

Do not misunderstand me, as I totally agree with the 'true' doctrine of Messianic Judaism. What I disagree with is the false doctrine that others have brought in to try and steer the Messianic movement to promote their own doctrine. There is much of this going on, especially on the internet. I am not 'attacking' Shimon, I am merely stating my opinion to other members of the Messianic forum. I have personally enjoyed many of the posts and discussions.

Upvote 0
Speaking only for myself:

I am a Messianic Jew in that -

1.) I believe that Jesus (aka Yeshua) is the Messiah of the Jews and Gentiles.

2.) I was born a Jew to Jewish parents

3.) I am proud of my Jewish ethnicity/tribal heritage and don't wish to cast it off.

4.) I accept Torah but I reject Talmud, Mishnah, etc. I believe that Rabbinic Judaism has gone far astray by setting the words of humans (Rabbis in the Talmud)above the words of God in the Bible. 

Remember that keeping Biblically Kosher is far different from keeping Rabbinically Kosher. Also remember that the oft-quoted figure of 613 Mitzvot is a bit misleading since many of the Mitzvot pertain to Temple practices.

Upvote 0

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟512,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I must say as a christian I love the knowledge contained in this site. I will admit I do not understand if all to the degree I would like to, but my mind is delighted with this information and the thought it provokes. May be some day I will be able to contribute in a useful way.

THANK YOU ALL !!!!
clap.gif

For His Glory Alone!!

BBAS

Upvote 0

sojeru

just a Jew
Mar 22, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟1,145.00
Faith
Judaism
4.) I accept Torah but I reject Talmud, Mishnah, etc. I believe that Rabbinic Judaism has gone far astray by setting the words of humans (Rabbis in the Talmud)above the words of God in the Bible. 

Remember that keeping Biblically Kosher is far different from keeping Rabbinically Kosher. Also remember that the oft-quoted figure of 613 Mitzvot is a bit misleading since many of the Mitzvot pertain to Temple practices.
so all of Talmud is thrown out because of these???
You have alot of learning to do- for you yourself cannot be completely complete without some of the insight that is in talmud.
I myself DO NOT set above Torah and the rest of the sepher HaShem, However, i do not rule out Talmud as having some inspiration within it.
I am orthodox....just a jew- and I believe in Messiah.

There is a group in Miami who are Orthodox, carry the Nazarean codocil (b'surat HaG'ulah-good news of redemption) and carry the talmud and they say there is no dicsrepancy within either of them.
I want like to understand their logic- But I DO KNOW that some of Talmud is inspired. and for you to throw that away is for you to throw away some of our brothers- because some of them are infact penned in there.

shalom!

Upvote 0

yod

the wandering goy
Sep 6, 2003
Dallas, TX
Visit site
✟1,749.00
Faith
Messianic
Or how about this article describing the brutal deaths of 582 Lebanese christians at the hands of Arafat's Fatah group and the PFLP (Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine)?

He has been a mass murderer for his entire life! Why does ANYONE think he is interested in peace with anyone? He controls Palestinian media and education which teaches children as young as 5 to murder jews. It's unconscienable! It will take an entire generation to change this bloodlust.

But what is even worse is that seemingly reasonable people are being duped by his lies and the carnage continues as he becomes emboldened. I put the blame for all innocent people in this war, arab or jew, in the lap of Arafat.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums