My little Dinky Doo
Jan 15, 2002
Missouri
Visit site
✟4,791.00
Faith
Baptist
You repent you are forgiven.
NO you don't have to repent to a priest or any other human at that matter, unless you feel obligated to ask for forgiveness of one you might have hurt.
As a child of God, at the moment or right before the moment...you call on God....you are forgiven.
However there are many who are NOT children of God and maybe at the point of death, and say "oh God help me" not having any faith, I have my doubts that person is going to heaven. It reminds me of the verse that says that "not ALL who call on my name will be saved" That is how I interpret that verse.
GEL

Upvote 0

Reformationist

Non nobis domine sed tuo nomine da gloriam
Mar 7, 2002
✟37,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by Squee
"Unless you repent, you too will all perish" Luke 13:3

Do you have to repent before you die?

And if so what if you die young without repenting? If you died at the age of 10,15,19 or something without repenting would you perish?

And to repent do you have to have a priest or can you just pray?

We are commanded to be confident the He who began this work in us will be faithful to complete it.(Phil 1:6)

The repentant heart is the result of being saved. We don't repent first. Before God saves us we are not inclined to turn away from our sinful behavior and turn toward God. He regenerates us and we feel repentant for living in an unrighteous manner.

Jesus died for our (Christians') sins. The price has already been paid. If you are saved, the Holy Spirit will impress upon you a desire to reconcile your thoughts, will, and actions to that which pleases God. Don't worry. All that God has called will come to Him. Those that don't were never called, else they too would come. So, take joy. If you are saved God will never forsake you. You should strive to be an imitator of Christs' righteousness. God will bring about the changes in you that He desires. God does not leave it up to "chance."

The priest can no more reconcile you to God than can saying a rosary or doing a good deed like sweeping your neighbor's porch. There is nothing wrong with confessing your sins to another person. It's just not what reconciles you to God. Take heart, God will hear your plea for forgiveness.

God bless.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.