Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Now faith,
You are right, I had suggested it could be covered, but hang on why should you have to do that? I agree that you should return it and also tell them why.
Olamram
As I said there should not be any of these sort of symbols on the Bible. I use a King James Bible and all it has on it is "Holy Bible" it is from Cambridge Press who are one of the oldest publishers of the Bible. Also the Trinitarian Bible Society have their Bibles at really good prices and are worldwide.
I think you are wise to be discerning as you have been. (or should I say wise to heed the Holy Spirit leading you). Do keep us up to date.
God Bless You

I am a King James Bible user as well.
But it's God who is glorified in our words, I had never written anything for his glory until I found these fourms.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree that you should return it and also tell them why.
I would definitely do that if you cannot get an answer you like from Holman.

Personally not a fan of the KJV; but I I agree with Now Faith that you should be comfortable with what ever bible you choose to read and study from.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First of all, could someone tell me what the following image means?
This if five stars of David, which is made up of two triangles. People like Frances Collins believe this represents the Double Helix or DNA. He calls DNA the language of God because this is the language God uses to created life. Notice there are four sides and also 12 sides. DNA is made up of four chemicals. There were 12 disciples and 12 tribes of Israel.
275722_ce0ea6342cc5ac8ad6797e764f6210ff.jpg

Attachments

• 29389307_874863582685696_8678017585396387205_n.jpg
    29389307_874863582685696_8678017585396387205_n.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Two actually. The cross and the fish.

There is also a third, but it was of the ancient Messianic Jewish community, and was a combo of the fish, Star of David and the Menorah.

Lots of Christian symbols, in fact the pentagram was originally a Christian symbol (symbolizing the five wounds of Christ), but was coopted by Neopaganism in the 20th century. The cross and the fish are the most obvious, but Christian art and iconography has employed a host of various symbols throughout history. One of the earliest Christian symbols was neither the fish or the cross, but the Good Shepherd:

220px-Good_shepherd_01_small.jpg

Good Shepherd, 3rd century, Rome

-CryptoLutheran

• Agree
Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hi there, I recently bought myself a new KJV bible and I have a few questions about it that I couldn't find anywhere on the internet when trying to search for answers.

First of all, could someone tell me what the following image means? I'd like to think it symbollically represents Jesus' crown of thorns, though I feel I could be wrong. A part of me fears that it might be a pagan symbol or something (which I hope is not the case). Here it is:

bZWStgc.jpg

Secondly, I notice that all the names of people and places in this bible have syllable dashes or something which I find somewhat annoying and cumbersome to read, for example: Je-sus, Da-vid, Is-ra-el, A-dam, E-den, Ish-ma-el, so on and so forth. It's repeated continuously throughout it. This may be a dumb question, but what do you call that? I've found no information regarding other bibles printed in this manner, although I assume it's to help with pronunciation.

Thanks for your help!

It is three hexagrams superimposed --- it might even be symbolic of the crown of thorns.

Upvote 0