dms1972

Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟593,863.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Can't tell from what was posted what the actual question was (radio host asked her directly about whether she believed that homosexuality was sinful). Some conservative theologians have concluded that a homosexual orientation is not sinful, but acting on it is. Others have concluded the opposite. Whether an orientation itself is sinful is a pretty involved topic and answer to explain, and not one that many Christians find obvious.

First I would say the Bible doesn't speak of a homosexual 'orientation' , that is quite recent terminology, and the usefulness and validity of the language of "sexual orientation" is still debated and questioned.

Its best to clarify what a questioner means before attempting a reply. That said someone in the public eye would be wise to have some sort of understanding of the issues they could be asked about.

Upvote 0

WolfGate

Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟448,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First I would say the Bible doesn't speak of a homosexual 'orientation' , that is quite recent terminology, and the usefulness and validity of the language of "sexual orientation" is still debated and questioned.

Its best to clarify what a questioner means before attempting a reply. That said someone in the public eye would be wise to have some sort of understanding of the issues they could be asked about.

OK, then let's rescope a bit because I think semantics got in the way of my point. What would the bible say about somebody being tempted to a homosexual act but never acting on it? (Rhetorical question meant to be associated with earlier posts comment that conservative theologians come down of different sides of that question.)

Upvote 0

dms1972

Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟593,863.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
OK, then let's rescope a bit because I think semantics got in the way of my point. What would the bible say about somebody being tempted to a homosexual act but never acting on it?

Are you talking about a christian or non-believer?

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,152,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So to start off. I am way behind when it comes to discovering artists. I realize that Lauren Daigle has been around for a little while now. I just discovered her myself more recently. By hearing others singing her songs. Which I have heard for a while now. Just never knew they were Laurens music. So I have started listening to Lauren just very recently and started seeing people bring questionable things up in the comments she has said in interviews. Which I further went into listening to.

First and foremost. I understand as Christians we certainly need to be careful what and who we are listing to and letting in. That said. We should also realize no ones perfect and even those who are speakers or singers or anyone who is speaking or singing to a large crowd are not perfect. And non of us has it 100% right. But we need to hold people accountable still for what they are teaching and preaching. Any sphere of influence anyway.

So as far as Lauren goes. The 2 biggest things I have seen were 2 interviews she had. One where she was questioned about her stance on gays and sin. And other one. And really the lack she has in really talking much about Jesus or giving him the credit. I know it is easy to judge people and sometimes we don't always say things right or what is right anyway.

Anyway. Just wondering about peoples thoughts on her and maybe some others that might be questionable?!

Right. It's better to be both repentant sufficiently but also learned sufficiently before one starts preaching.

So, while I have a very close friend who will point to some songs (ones I've never liked either) as quote: "one hot mess"....

Still, no matter how imperfect the person themselves is, just like me or you and all of us that is...
2 Corinthians 12:9 But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is perfected in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly in my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest on me.

...I then look to see whether the song aligns perfectly with scripture in all ways.

And I'm very picky about that -- even about one bad line in a song will sink the entire song.
(And there have been some otherwise really good songs by a lot of singers/groups that didn't make that cut...a song of theirs I reject.)

So...

If Lauren D. sings a good song, I will indeed be very willing to accept it and post it also, when it shows faith and a right attitude --

See?

If anything, that a singer has an especially strong weakness can be just more praise to God!

2 Corinthians 12:9 But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is perfected in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly in my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest on me.

Praise the Lord!

Upvote 0