Lybrah

Apr 26, 2016
Maryland
✟62,145.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you want demons cast out of you, can you do it yourself, or do you need another person there with you to do it? I believe in this stuff, so if you don't, please refrain from leaving mocking comments or sarcastic responses. I don't have time for that. Answer if you know for real.

PS If this is in the wrong forum, I apologize.

Stillicidia

Revanche Flower
Site Supporter
Apr 22, 2016
Mystic Meadows
✟11,021.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Constitution
You can invite the Hosts of Heaven, say I welcome the Hosts of Heaven to my home.
Jesus said he could command an army of angels to save him.
You can command an army of angels, say I release the Hosts of Heaven on their assignments to the pulling down of strongholds in my home, neighborhood (and other strategic places where demons across the world affect a situation)
They will tear away demons which you do not allow, if you allow something evil in your heart, then demons would be permitted to be near you, rather than all of the time, left unchecked and unchallenged.

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,270,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
This is a forum for prayer but that's a great place to start.

Lord I ask in your name the name about all names, who cast out spirits by a single word to shine your light upon our sister and fill her to over flowing with your love :pray:

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If you want demons cast out of you, can you do it yourself, or do you need another person there with you to do it? I believe in this stuff, so if you don't, please refrain from leaving mocking comments or sarcastic responses. I don't have time for that. Answer if you know for real.

If you truly believe there's some weird stuff going on involving dark forces, I'd recommend contacting a Catholic priest and talking to him about it. You don't have to be Catholic in order for them to help you with this. They can determine if this really is weird demonic stuff or if it's something else.

• Agree
Reactions: Paul Yohannan
Upvote 0

Paul Yohannan

Mar 24, 2016
Old Route 66
✟34,744.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
If you truly believe there's some weird stuff going on involving dark forces, I'd recommend contacting a Catholic priest and talking to him about it. You don't have to be Catholic in order for them to help you with this. They can determine if this really is weird demonic stuff or if it's something else.

Indeed. I would call a Catholic priest if I could not reach an Orthodox priest, because Catholic priests do take it seriously, and several are trained in how to deal with this sort of thing.

Upvote 0

Kiterius

CF's Favorite Member
Dec 24, 2016
Earth
✟32,893.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Why does the priest have to be Catholic? I'd consult with my own Pastor.

Upvote 0

Paul Yohannan

Mar 24, 2016
Old Route 66
✟34,744.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican

That would be a good first choice. However, I did get the sense that the OP was unchurched. As a non-Catholic, if I were out of range of any of the clergy of my own denomination I would contact a Catholic priest for this kind of problem, simply because they have the most training and are much less likely to take an approach wherein the existence of demonic phenomena is denied outright.

Upvote 0

Lybrah

Apr 26, 2016
Maryland
✟62,145.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I grew up Catholic, but now I am non-denominational. I remember a few years back when I suspected a demon in my classroom. There was a child whose behavior was terrible. He hated me. I sensed he wanted to physically hurt me. The thing is, when he was not there, even after or before school hours, there was a foul smell around the desk he sat in. I checked the desk for anything that would cause the smell, and couldn't find anything. I checked the surrounding area as well, and it didn't make sense that there wasn't anything that could make the smell. It wasn't the smell of a dead animal in the roof above, it was more of a smell of one who doesn't bathe. Other kids sat in his desks during other periods, but didn't smell anything. However, when the smell did come, I pulled in some of my teacher friends and they smelled it. It was always in one spot, near where he sat. Sometimes it did move a little. I ended up having some non-Catholic friends (who were devout believers) come in to pray around the room. I don't recall the smell being there afterwards. The next year, the smell was not there. It's pretty sad because the next year when I said hi to him, he replied, "Don't talk to me (my first name)." I learned years later that he was shot and killed in his neighborhood. It seemed to be either gang related, or maybe he just [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]ed the wrong person off.

The point of the story is that I did go to a Catholic priest but he didn't believe in demons at all. He told me that one of my kids got sick in the area and that was the smell. He was no help. So I am willing to have any devout Christian help me.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I can understand that. But assuming this really is an issue involving the forces of darkness, well, my Church has 2,000 years of experience in dealing with this sort of thing. I'm not taking anything away from your pastor or from Orthodox priests. But at the end of the day, I know more about my Church's competence in dealing with these matters than anybody else's.

Having said that, my second choice would indeed be an Orthodox priest if, for some reason, a Catholic one wasn't available to investigate the issue.

The point of the story is that I did go to a Catholic priest but he didn't believe in demons at all.
With all due respect, I find that very hard to believe.

Upvote 0

Kiterius

CF's Favorite Member
Dec 24, 2016
Earth
✟32,893.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I can understand that. But assuming this really is an issue involving the forces of darkness, well, my Church has 2,000 years of experience in dealing with this sort of thing. I'm not taking anything away from your pastor or from Orthodox priests. But at the end of the day, I know more about my Church's competence in dealing with these matters than anybody else's.

Having said that, my second choice would indeed be an Orthodox priest if, for some reason, a Catholic one wasn't available to investigate the issue.

With all due respect, I find that very hard to believe.

The roots of the faith tradition I'm a part of also go back 2,000 years. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

thecolorsblend

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The roots of the faith tradition I'm a part of also go back 2,000 years. ;)
I can track my Church's bishops in an unbroken line all the way back to Our Lord Himself. :)

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Kiterius

CF's Favorite Member
Dec 24, 2016
Earth
✟32,893.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

Occaisionally I give myself an exorcism and the Lord obliges.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,347.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

Father I pray deliverance in all things in Jesus name I pray. Also taking these needs before God in prayer on the 1:15PM bbnradio.org Family Altar program.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟795,766.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lybrah, As believers, we need to put more focus on Yahweh and His Word. We're to take every thought captive (II Cor 10:5) and renew our minds (Rom 12:2) with His Word. You know, keep a verse(s) on your mind off and on through the day.

Forgive - everybody you can think of and asks Yahweh to bring to your mind the others you need to forgive.

Also, when we have negative thoughts, we can immediately recall Scripture and/or asks Yahweh for the fruit of His Spirit - love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; (Gal 5) Name which one you need.

Last edited:
Upvote 0